Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

I find it amazing how much christians talk about sin and the law.

Paul said in Philemon 1

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

No wonder the church is in a state when it's focus is always on sin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I find it amazing how much christians talk about sin and the law.

Paul said in Philemon 1

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

No wonder the church is in a state when it's focus is always on sin
If there is no talk of sin, then there is no Gospel message. Simply put that is. It is the reason God's Son was sent in the flesh. It was the reason He died.

Try this one:

1Cr 15:34
Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning; for some have no knowledge of God. I speak to your shame.

Pretty straight forward isn't it?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 PM

1 [a] I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips Psalm 34

11You make known to me(A) the path of life;
in your presence there is(B) fullness of joy;
at your right hand are(C) pleasures forevermore.

The gospel the good news is about the Love of God .

God demonstrated his love towards us , while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

The reason we find ourselves sinning is because we are thinking and talking about.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

6That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM

39 posts, read 48,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I agree ...
I second that motion.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
1 [a] I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips Psalm 34

11You make known to me(A) the path of life;
in your presence there is(B) fullness of joy;
at your right hand are(C) pleasures forevermore.
Amen!

Quote:
The gospel the good news is about the Love of God .
Without the Law, you would never had known about the Love of God. You cannot circumvent the Law written in stone. No matter how much you desire to. It IS the schoolmaster. It is what teaches that ALL men need a Savior. Having graduated from school, if you have, then how can anyone say the Law is of no use, or that we need not fulfill it by our Love of the Father? We are to follow the example of Jesus. He did!!

Quote:
God demonstrated his love towards us , while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.
Sinner? How do you know what sin is?

Quote:
The reason we find ourselves sinning is because we are thinking and talking about.
No, the reason you find yourself sinning is because you have yet to graduate from school. The school Master is at work in your heart, transforming it into a circumcised one, fit as a Bride.

Quote:
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Think on these things. FOCUS! Let God do His work, and stay out of the way. What is truth? What is nobility? What is right? What is pure? What is admirable? Think of excellence, and God, for He is worthy of ALL praise. If the mind stays focused on these things, out of Love for God, then sinning is not even brought into question. Only the person who DOES NOT these things, finds themselves sinning.

Quote:
6That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Effectual communication of the faith? The faith that was given to you by God Himself? The faith that sustains us, when we do fall? The faith that causes us to get back up, repentant, no matter how many times we fall? This faith? Yes, I acknowledge this! It is Christ who is alive in me that causes this acknowledgment.....and for this I humbly bow to my King. If I love Him, I keep ALL of what He has said, including His Commands.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 PM

No, the reason you find yourself sinning is because you have yet to graduate from school. The school Master is at work in your heart, transforming it into a circumcised one, fit as a Bride

This is typical self righteous judgement from someone who does not know himself.

Faith becomes effectual by acknowledging every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus.

Self righteous judgemental christians do the exact opposite.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:22 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
Quote:
Sundance, I am going to answer this question honestly...and God hears and sees ALL things...

...I said that because from experience...whenever I have answered this before...the person who asked, or others reply in mocking my faith IN Christ...mocking my walk...but I'll stick my head out once again...(I'm sure only for it to be chopped off yet once again)...
Why the defensiveness?

You said that we can live without sinning, so I asked if you ever sin.

Is there some reason that I should not ask this?

Quote:
...I would NEVER, EVER say that I never sin, because there are sins of ignorance that I am not aware of yet that I am sure I am committing...
What do you mean by this, can you give an example, or two or three examples of sins of ignorance? (And not from the old testament, please.....a sin of ignorance that one could be committing today.)

Would the Holy Spirit not check you, if you were sinning?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
No, the reason you find yourself sinning is because you have yet to graduate from school. The school Master is at work in your heart, transforming it into a circumcised one, fit as a Bride

This is typical self righteous judgement from someone who does not know himself.

Faith becomes effectual by acknowledging every good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus.

Self righteous judgemental christians do the exact opposite.
Yea yea yea. Keep your doctrines which seduces unstable men and women into believing they can sin while claiming the blood of the King. I never said I don't sin, for I do not love God as I should. I admit this. I ADMIT THIS! The SchoolMaster is yet to complete the work in me.
But I will tell you this much, you, who call yourself a follower of the King. I understand this. I understand how wretched I am. I understand that no matter how much I try, I cannot keep the Law as intended. This is the transforming at work in me. I can also tell you this much. There is not any of the sins that I wilfully commit, except the first and greatest one. Why? Because the love of this world, for now, has me, and I can never love God as I rightfully should.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yea yea yea. Keep your doctrines which seduces unstable men and women into believing they can sin while claiming the blood of the King. I never said I don't sin, for I do not love God as I should. I admit this. I ADMIT THIS! The SchoolMaster is yet to complete the work in me.
But I will tell you this much, you, who call yourself a follower of the King. I understand this. I understand how wretched I am. I understand that no matter how much I try, I cannot keep the Law as intended. This is the transforming at work in me. I can also tell you this much. There is not any of the sins that I wilfully commit, except the first and greatest one. Why? Because the love of this world, for now, has me, and I can never love God as I rightfully should.
So the love of God seduces unstable men and women into believing they can sin while claiming the blood of the King

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,209 times
Quote:
So the love of God seduces unstable men and women into believing they can sin while claiming the blood of the King
No, I believe he labled your example of the love of God as your doctrine!!
I myself believe it is satanic doctrine!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 08-25-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity