Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:47 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
This is basically my testimony and belief about women pastors, and yes deacons and elders alike..I was in a legalistic church for almost half a century..I was held back from using some of my gifts..They more or less hung the OT curtain between myself and my God..Seems like only the men were allowed to go in and serve the Lord, only the men were allowed to say a prayer or give a testimony, etc..They gave the women jobs and patted us on the head like a beloved obedient pet for our "service to the Lord?" Our service to the Lord was to cook the fellowship dinners, clean the bathrooms, care for the children. Pretty much a continuation of what we did at home..

I have seen countless numbers of women through the years including my self who were taken advantage of because of the husbands "God given Headship"..They claimed to be a "New Testament church, yet they held on to some of the OT laws and the ancient barbaric practice of a wife as a possession

Long story short..I am now free from the prison of legalism ..It was not easy..I had to lose everything, be blamed by former church members for my H sins..

The Holy Spirit helped me to tear down the man made curtain between myself and God and has given me more instruction, peace and a means to use the gifts I had but was not allowed to use..The peace I feel now and the relationship I share with Him is simply more than words are worthy of

We, the believers, are the Church, there is no male, female, master or slave...... no headship except Christ..we are part of His body and the hand does not tell the foot what to do and the whole body must work in unison, each part using their gifts from the Head to help the body stay in perfect harmony..in order to be presented to the Father as the pure unblemished and perfect "Bride of Christ"

Isn't Miss Blue Great??? Miss Blue, your posts have so much wisdom, sincerity. You inspire me!!!!

My opinion, personally it matters not to me . . . . but from what I read in the Bible . . . women should not be pastors or deacons, I see this pretty clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor's Helpmeet View Post
The reason that women are not to be pastors and deacons is because they are "the weaker vessel." When Eve sinned in the Garden and tempted her husband, she took a role that was not hers. Because of that, God punished her (and all of womankind) by putting the man over her. He at that moment made a clear line that the husband would rule over the wife, men over women.
That is the saddest self-perception I can imagine for anyone to believe. It is indeed a warped and twisted God that you worship, IMO.
Quote:
Mystic, I would just like to say that it was not Peter who wrote the qualifications of a pastor. It was Paul. So I am not sure how Peter's so-called chauvinism would figure into it. Besides, Peter was not chauvinistic, nor was he jealous of Mary Magdelene.
Virtually ALL men of that era were primitive chauvinists and women were chattel. The key point to be made is that it was NOT Jesus who wrote the so-called qualifications.
Quote:
Everything that he did write about women and their role was quoted in earlier scripture. So, apparently, according to you, everyone who penned the Bible is chauvinist. However, I believe the Bible is infallible and has no errors. Everything that was written was from God, so saying that Paul and Peter were wrong is, in essence, calling God a liar!
The vast majority of the socio-cultural aspects of the biblical writings are completely inappropriate for a modern civilization, period. Cherry picking to ignore all but ten of the Levitical (613 mitzvot) nonsense from amongst the primitive ideas is inadequate. Men are liars, fallible, and completely untrustworthy vessels for the inerrant communication of God's inspirations. Hermeneutic exegesis alone is inadequate to compensate for it and eisegesis based on the accumulated knowledge of humankind to date is absolutely essential. (OR just use the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit as your filter).

Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 PM

51 posts, read 89,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the saddest self-perception I can imagine for anyone to believe. It is indeed a warped and twisted God that you worship, IMO. Virtually ALL men of that era were primitive chauvinists and women were chattel. The key point to be made is that it was NOT Jesus who wrote the so-called qualifications.The vast majority of the socio-cultural aspects of the biblical writings are completely inappropriate for a modern civilization, period. Cherry picking to ignore all but ten of the Levitical (613 mitzvot) nonsense from amongst the primitive ideas is inadequate. Men are liars, fallible, and completely untrustworthy vessels for the inerrant communication of God's inspirations. Hermeneutic exegesis alone is inadequate to compensate for it and eisegesis based on the accumulated knowledge of humankind to date is absolutely essential. (OR just use the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit as your filter).

It is impossible to argue with someone who does not believe in the infallibility of the word of God. You can depend on your big words, your education, and your own mind all you want. I choose to depend on God and His Holy, inerrant, infallible, authoritative word. I will no longer debate with you because it is going nowhere but in circles. I am just casting pearls before swine.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor's Helpmeet View Post
It is impossible to argue with someone who does not believe in the infallibility of the word of God. You can depend on your big words, your education, and your own mind all you want. I choose to depend on God and His Holy, inerrant, infallible, authoritative word. I will no longer debate with you because it is going nowhere but in circles. I am just casting pearls before swine.
It is impossible to argue with someone who doesn't recognize the enormous difficulties in written communication that is orally communicated over centuries, written in various languages and re-translated many times, copied by hand and "edited" and compiled by committee consensus and councils over millennia based on MEN'S views about the appropriateness of the various "books" and wording for doctrinal purposes, etc. etc. To believe THAT process accurately produced the inerrant and infallible spiritual intent of God takes way more gullibility than I possess. The only thing that makes it even worse is to take everything LITERALLY.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:36 AM

177 posts, read 381,520 times
Hello Guys..

Click on this link.. it may help ..

Should Women Be Pastors and Elders? | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Old 08-24-2009, 08:52 AM

37,467 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81
There is nothing wrong with single male elders/deacons/teachers. Jesus was single.
Nothing wrongs except that it would violate the Will of God.

God's Word shows us God's Will.

There have been female leaders in the Bible, however they have been the exception and not the rule.

The majority of Biblical leaders were male, and when God spoke to give us direction in this manner, God clearly said males.

Married males, who have proven that they can nurture and lead children.

As for Jesus, we do not know for sure if he was single or if he was married. Since we do not know, we can not truly say either way. Because God choose to not tell us, either way.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy Ako View Post
This helps only those who SHOULD call themselves Bibleans or Churchians . . . because it resorts to what is BIBLICAL . . . NOT CHRISTIAN. To all those who can actually see Jesus telling women to be quiet and not speak or contribute or try to lead a discussion . . . THAT is NOT the Jesus I follow.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
It is impossible to argue with someone who doesn't recognize the enormous difficulties in written communication that is orally communicated over centuries, written in various languages and re-translated many times, copied by hand and "edited" and compiled by committee consensus and councils over millennia based on MEN'S views about the appropriateness of the various "books" and wording for doctrinal purposes, etc. etc. To believe THAT process accurately produced the inerrant and infallible spiritual intent of God takes way more gullibility than I possess. The only thing that makes it even worse is to take everything LITERALLY.
We believe in a big God. His Word says exactly what He wants it to say. Man can't do anything to destroy/diminish/change the Word of God!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
This helps only those who SHOULD call themselves Bibleans or Churchians . . . because it resorts to what is BIBLICAL . . . NOT CHRISTIAN. To all those who can actually see Jesus telling women to be quiet and not speak or contribute or try to lead a discussion . . . THAT is NOT the Jesus I follow.
I'm curious. Do you believe the Pauline Epistles are the Words of Jesus?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We believe in a big God. His Word says exactly what He wants it to say. Man can't do anything to destroy/diminish/change the Word of God!
What you believe in and worship is a man-made Idol called the Bible . . . I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. What you should believe in is the Word of God . . . and THAT is Jesus. His life and example and unconditional love for us ALL cannot be polluted by the interpretations of men. The only way to read the bible (short of acquiring a LOT of education) . . . is to filter it through the "mind of Christ." If you cannot imagine Jesus doing, saying, demanding, expecting, requiring, etc., etc. . . . It is NO PART of God . . . it is "the precepts and doctrines of men."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity