Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:15 AM

428 posts, read 800,051 times

Advertisements

Well this is scary. My family lives in the 616 area code!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 10:17 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Well this is scary. My family lives in the 616 area code!!!!!
I always knew there was something about you.....ahh yes , it all fits now,,,,

Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 AM

428 posts, read 800,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I always knew there was something about you.....ahh yes , it all fits now,,,,
LOL!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:30 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,144 times
The greater clue is not the number of the beast at all. The greater clue is Rev. 17,verse 10-11 "And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come: and when he comes, he must continue for a short space and the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven and goes to perdition.

If a world leader were to be seriously wounded, lose his status as ruler for a while ,then regain that status, that would be your boy.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:36 AM

I dont do "Bible math"
I dont teach on the book of Revelation.

The reason is that I have heard it all, and so far I have not heard squat I felt was correct...
Every teacher, every book, every guy who posted his ideas on-line about what the text of revelation was talking about, was in my view...clue free.

Without a clue.
and just inventing things off the top of his head or pulling them out from some some sort of other body source.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:39 AM

It is no sin to read. I only stated the parameters of the verses. Nothing difficult about it ,it is what it is. So what is your point? Just stating the facts of the text. Not speculating at all.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
The greater clue is not the number of the beast at all. The greater clue is Rev. 17,verse 10-11 "And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come: and when he comes, he must continue for a short space and the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven and goes to perdition.

If a world leader were to be seriously wounded, lose his status as ruler for a while ,then regain that status, that would be your boy.
But that would sound to earthly. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against wickedness.

Paul

Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
But that would sound to earthly. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against wickedness.

Paul
I can't attest to the fact that Revelation is a definative book of what mankind might expect in end times. It was canonized with great speculation. If it is true, it will manifest itself to living people and in my opinion it is written for the generation in which it portends to occur and no other generation. It would also be written to cover a reasonable short period of occurrence not over generations. My thoughts. I believe Christianity to be written and speaks to the individual more than the congregation. I am not personally big on religion. Too many to keep up with.. As the comedian says if there is only room for 144,000 don't you think it might be a good idea to shut up about it. There may be only a few seats left

Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,902,587 times
My thought in bringing this up is what are the tele-prophecy teachers hawking their books & DVD's going to do with this new info? Their whole premise about bar codes being the mark of the beast, having 666 on the bar codes, UN General Order 666 calling for a world leader (antichrist), and everything else they preach that ties 666 to the tribulation is pretty much obsolete now, isn't it? The fragment of text that archeologists discovered erases any doubt the number is 616. Will the prophecy teachers just ignore these latest findings and continue to preach 666 is the number of the antichrist knowing it's false info? Can they live with their consciences if they do? Do they even have consciences when it comes to money? These are heady questions that have gargantuan implications in the prophecy world.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 AM

The actual number, be it 666 or 616 is moot.

The teachers that made a buck off of 666 can turn around and make a buck off of 616 in a blink of an eye...
The number means nothing, heck it could next be 90201 and the same teachers would be out the next day with all kinds of connections that number has with world events and people's names
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity