Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 06:01 PM

1,513 posts, read 1,623,430 times

Advertisements

Rachel’s Talk - Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 07:23 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,151,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigetmax24 View Post
I must admit that this video, and her testimony moved my heart beyond words. I sat my family down last night, turned off the TV, and we listened to this woman who has made God her life. She was honest, and pure. She was sent for a purpose, and I pray that all of you take the 55 minutes to watch her, listen to her, and perhaps learn from her. I know I did. I learned that love conquers all. I learned that this life is but a vapor, no matter how much we desire it to last forever, without God being the central part of it. Thank you sharing this, and I will be sure to pass it along.

Even though she has gone to be with the Lord, her words portrayed here, and the love it took for her to do this against her physical odds, will last as long as there is written words, and a video to be displayed. Again, thank you.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,569,988 times
I was very moved by this video as it showed a very devoted woman to God even in the midst of her terminal illness. As Rachel stated cancer does not define me but it is her personal relationship with Jesus Christ that does.

This video is definitely worth watching.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,896,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
This video is definitely worth watching.
I can second that. Very moving. As you watch, realize that she is an otherwise very normal wife and mother who, like millions of others, faced the same fight, but who, unlike most, used her illness to bring a message of hope in Jesus to all who would hear. What I learned from watching it is that the more you are attached to this world and the worldly blessings God has seen fit to bestow on you, the harder it will be to face death if and when all of it is abruptly snatched away from you. The rules then are simple:
1. Obedience. Obedience. Obedience. "He who obeys My Words, it is he that loves Me".
2. Do NOT become attached to the blessings God has given you, whether a loving spouse, beautiful children, great parents and siblings, successful career, material blessings. Give thanks for them; appreciate them beyond words, but realize they can become distractions and can be taken from you in an instant if they start interfering with your #1 priority: your relationship with God and making HIM #1 in your life.
3. Come to understand that those Christians who have not been blessed with these distractions just might be the real ones who have been "blessed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity