U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 AM

18,950 posts, read 8,997,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
You must notice John 8:11 though. Jesus said "go and sin no more" to her. She had to stop doing it, aka repent. His mercy was and is conditional. He is longsuffering just like in Noah's day (1 Peter 3:20). He gives us time and chances. He gave them 120 years in the time of the flood, but after time was up he destroyed them, every one.
I know He said that , that is not the point , she was not stoned even though she commited adultery is the point.

Likewise if someone remarries do you think it would be consistent with the Spirit of the word for Jesus to say to those who remarry "Neither do i condemn you go sin no more"?.

Or does He just forgive those caught in adultery and not those who remarry?.

Do i believe in marriage ? yes i do, Do i believe we should be faithful unto to death with our partners ? yes i do , Do i believe we should give it our best shot even when it's failing ? yes i do.

What i do not believe is that we have the right to stone those who choose otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 10:32 AM

159 posts, read 128,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I know He said that , that is not the point , she was not stoned even though she commited adultery is the point.

Likewise if someone remarries do you think it would be consistent with the Spirit of the word for Jesus to say to those who remarry "Neither do i condemn you go sin no more"?.

Or does He just forgive those caught in adultery and not those who remarry?.

Do i believe in marriage ? yes i do, Do i believe we should be faithful unto to death with our partners ? yes i do , Do i believe we should give it our best shot even when it's failing ? yes i do.

What i do not believe is that we have the right to stone those who choose otherwise.
I never said I was going to stone anybody lol read all my posts that's almost humorous to consider. The bible says they want go to heaven. God can not lie my friend. It is that simple. If God says this is the only reason you can remarry then it is the only one. He does not say try hard but if you fail no worries. What about Nadab and Abihu in Levitcus 10? What about Moses when he smote to the rock? What about Saul when he spared the Amalekites in? 1 Samuel 15:22 says God wants obedience! God punished everyone of them and he will do that same thing today via eternity in hell. He said that not me.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Dalton let me ask you this, Don't you think there are sins we all commit that we have no clue it's a sin? I am talking about sins that the preachers don't preach because they don't know either? So how can we repent of these sins or be forgiven regardless if we know or not?

When we repent and put our trust in Christ, God forgave all our sins; past, present and future, "as far as the east is from the west" we don't repent again and again because that means Jesus has to be crucified over and over again. He has already forgiven us when we came to the foot of the cross on bended knees. We only need to repent once but We should ALWAYS confess our sins
What you speak of means that once we are saved we are never lost again. The bible does not teach once saved always saved. Once we are saved we must remain faithful til death (rev. 2:10). I will show you a ton of verses on this if you want them.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,563,772 times
Quote:
What you speak of means that once we are saved we are never lost again. The bible does not teach once saved always saved. Once we are saved we must remain faithful til death (rev. 2:10). I will show you a ton of verses on this if you want them.
I believe wholeheartedly in once saved always saved but my friend it is a daily struggle for me. I don't believe it is possible for a true Christian to unrepent, not believe in God, not feel conviction by the Holy Spirit, stop loving God, stop caring what God wants or thinks.........that is the struggle.....that is hell on earth for a true Christian.

I am going through a dry valley in my walk. I know I am saved and it helps but the struggle, the dryness continues, As Paul said, always on guard, fight the good fight and finish the race. It is because I am struggling I know that I am saved

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I never said I was going to stone anybody lol read all my posts that's almost humorous to consider. The bible says they want go to heaven. God can not lie my friend. It is that simple. If God says this is the only reason you can remarry then it is the only one. He does not say try hard but if you fail no worries. What about Nadab and Abihu in Levitcus 10? What about Moses when he smote to the rock? What about Saul when he spared the Amalekites in? 1 Samuel 15:22 says God wants obedience! God punished everyone of them and he will do that same thing today via eternity in hell. He said that not me.
They won't go to heaven ? Please share where someone who remarries will not make heaven .

Are you grading sin ?

What about them ? Are you telling me Moses will not make the presence of God because he smote a rock.

God wants obedience ????????? I hope you are , because your own belief's will condemn you.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:02 AM

607 posts, read 842,184 times
I'd say that if the person who is doing the abusing refuses any help to stop then you must leave that person. I was in an abusive (mentally) relationship for years and he refused to get help then I finally said GOOD-BYE! I can not imagine that God would want anyone to stay in an abusive relationship if the abuser refuses to get professional help.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They won't go to heaven ? Please share where someone who remarries will not make heaven .

Are you grading sin ?

What about them ? Are you telling me Moses will not make the presence of God because he smote a rock.

God wants obedience ????????? I hope you are , because your own belief's will condemn you.
1. It says adulterers will not enter heaven (in many verses like Gal 5:19-21) and Matt 5 and Matt 19 say you are adulterer if you remarry for any reason other than fornication.

2. No not saying they didnt go to heaven. I am saying they were punished and needed to repent as we do today.

3. God grades sin and I am just tellin you what His word says.

4. Yes we must obey! The bible teaches that all throughout. Look at 1 Sam. 15:22 for example and 2 Thes. 1:7-9

Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
I'd say that if the person who is doing the abusing refuses any help to stop then you must leave that person. I was in an abusive (mentally) relationship for years and he refused to get help then I finally said GOOD-BYE! I can not imagine that God would want anyone to stay in an abusive relationship if the abuser refuses to get professional help.
I agree you should leave the person, but the bible does not authorize divorce (Matt 19:6). He does allow separation (the word depart in 1 cor. 7) but not divorce except for fornication (Matt 5 and Matt 19)

Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
1. It says adulterers will not enter heaven (in many verses like Gal 5:19-21) and Matt 5 and Matt 19 say you are adulterer if you remarry for any reason other than fornication.

2. No not saying they didnt go to heaven. I am saying they were punished and needed to repent as we do today.

3. God grades sin and I am just tellin you what His word says.

4. Yes we must obey! The bible teaches that all throughout. Look at 1 Sam. 15:22 for example and 2 Thes. 1:7-9

Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 PM

22,851 posts, read 10,726,454 times
What we have in this thread is the evil of literal reading of the fallible written word that primitive men used to try to capture what was given them non-verbally by inspiration and colored by their cultural and educational limitations and deficits. The "nazi-like" obedience to laws was the major error of the OT Pharisees and the reason God has "written in our hearts" and sent Jesus's Holy Spirit to be within us for guidance. The obedience mentality completely misses the spirit of the "laws" . . . God does not want obedient "pets" performing under threat of punishment or seeking of reward . . . God wants maturing children to develop control over our attitudes and behaviors . . . until we develop the "self-control" to do so because we "love God and each other."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity