Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I have more peace now as an agnostic than I ever did as a Christian. And you changed the subject. The issue isn't my husband remarrying after my death....it is being happy that god killed me off and gave him a replacement family.

I don't know what your relationship is like with your husband, but if he was happy that you died i question the nature of your relationship. It seems that nothing i say will make you feel different. If the intent of your heart is to be miserable, then that is what you will do. God bless, may you find whatever it is your looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 08:15 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
I have more peace now as an agnostic than I ever did as a Christian. And you changed the subject. The issue isn't my husband remarrying after my death....it is being happy that god killed me off and gave him a replacement family.
Would he be any happier if you got killed off by chance or circumstance,got a replacement family, and knew he would never see you again,ever? Would your children find comfort in that? There is no way you would be able to understand if you believe death is the end of everything. If you believe there is soo much more awaiting on the other side of physical death, then you can deal with any circumstance in this temporary life. Because whether you believe God is in control or everything is just left up to chance,one thing is certain. You will die and so will your husband. More than likely,one of you will be left to carry on in this life without the other. I find much greater comfort in that as opposed to it`s all just one big game of chance with nothing left at the end. If the only thing that brings you happiness is whatever chance deals in you in this life, then that really doesn`t leave you with much,IMO. Because it`s all going to end and you will eventually lose EVERYTHING.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
This.....is exactly what I'm talking about,...whens enough, enough? What do you need to hear so you can make up your minds people?

Okay, Let suppose I don't have it right, you ain't got it right, they don't have it right! Let's "pretend" for a moment God's Word is the ultimate authority......not even that you can believe?

What do you people want to 'hear'?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:57 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
You are already pretending that god's word is the ultimate authority. What I would want to "hear" is something that makes sense. A god who is ticked off one moment and killing babies and all lovey dovey the next moment doesn't make sense. He is supposed to BETTER than us! The bible present a god JUST LIKE us.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:59 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
You are already pretending that god's word is the ultimate authority. What I would want to "hear" is something that makes sense. A god who is ticked off one moment and killing babies and all lovey dovey the next moment doesn't make sense. He is supposed to BETTER than us! The bible present a god JUST LIKE us.
You got that right! So imagine this... All those christians just waiting for a God that never comes, a God that allows death even though he could stop it, a God that sends people to Eternal damnation because they forgot to ask forgiveness when they swore.... Then ask yourself if you were God how would you do it. Well you are probably closer to the truth than most christians who study their bible everyday to be closer to a God that has already stated that whatever you do in your life is up to you. There you have it. God doesn't regulate anything on earth. He is not to blame for murderers, disease, etc.
"where two are gathered in my name" is a quote from scripture that was written and applied to certain people! Not us! yet some people want to believe they are special, smarter, more worthy. This is just a mask they wear. The truth is there is no afterlife, no rapture, no interference from God. All that was abolished when Christ came in 70AD to smite the wicked and raise the dead. Now guess what happens when you die... you are dead. This is it people!
It is sad that most christians spend their whole life waiting to die... sad sad sad!
My motto:
“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”
Anthony Robbins quotes (American advisor to leaders)

Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
You got that right! So imagine this... All those christians just waiting for a God that never comes, a God that allows death even though he could stop it, a God that sends people to Eternal damnation because they forgot to ask forgiveness when they swore.... Then ask yourself if you were God how would you do it. Well you are probably closer to the truth than most christians who study their bible everyday to be closer to a God that has already stated that whatever you do in your life is up to you. There you have it. God doesn't regulate anything on earth. He is not to blame for murderers, disease, etc.
"where two are gathered in my name" is a quote from scripture that was written and applied to certain people! Not us! yet some people want to believe they are special, smarter, more worthy. This is just a mask they wear. The truth is there is no afterlife, no rapture, no interference from God. All that was abolished when Christ came in 70AD to smite the wicked and raise the dead. Now guess what happens when you die... you are dead. This is it people!
It is sad that most christians spend their whole life waiting to die... sad sad sad!
My motto:
“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.”
Anthony Robbins quotes (American advisor to leaders)

And when it's all said done, it was your choice to believe, or not to believe true? Chances are if I'm wrong, hurt nothing right? And if you're wrong.......you have enjoyed yourself while "living life" right now have'nt you?

So in reality, it's a win win situation for you regardless huh? Okay, carry on.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:49 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And when it's all said done, it was your choice to believe, or not to believe true? Chances are if I'm wrong, hurt nothing right? And if you're wrong.......you have enjoyed yourself while "living life" right now have'nt you?

So in reality, it's a win win situation for you regardless huh? Okay, carry on.

Living life right now to it's fullest is the only thing you can actually prove is happening.

The rest is only a faith that your right and perhaps your not wrong that you have rejected islam and can be sure you won't burn in allah's hell. But you cannot prove it, so, in reality, if there is actually a burning eternal hell, it is unlikely anyone will escape just because they "claim" some belief.

In reality a real God that could show us an understanding that any kind of eternal suffering is just can then convince us of anything thats wrong is right and there is no one safe.

No one.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Living life right now to it's fullest is the only thing you can actually prove is happening.

The rest is only a faith that your right and perhaps your not wrong that you have rejected islam and can be sure you won't burn in allah's hell. But you cannot prove it, so, in reality, if there is actually a burning eternal hell, it is unlikely anyone will escape just because they "claim" some belief.

In reality a real God that could show us an understanding that any kind of eternal suffering is just can then convince us of anything thats wrong is right and there is no one safe.

No one.

This is working for you?

Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
Quote:
This is working for you?
As a believer in Christ, it works for me. I sincerely believe that the Bible is truthful in saying that the life I live right now, I live in Christ and what could be "fuller" than that? And of great import to living life to the fullest, imho, is living in the knowledge that the years I have in the here and now are simply the beginning of God's plan for me. I can take joy not only in the things that feel pleasurable but also in allowing Him to deal with me now, however severely, because I know that the outcome is worth it. I do not believe that anyone can have a "full life" outside of Jesus Christ so when "all is said and done", I believe that those who have attempted to live life to the fullest without Him will fully comprehend the utter futility of it.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:48 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
This is working for you?
Yes it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity