Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And when it's all said done, it was your choice to believe, or not to believe true? Chances are if I'm wrong, hurt nothing right? And if you're wrong.......you have enjoyed yourself while "living life" right now have'nt you?

So in reality, it's a win win situation for you regardless huh? Okay, carry on.

And what is wrong with living life? I fit the mold for a "christian" life. Married to one man...never been with another man (or woman!) no stealing, or killing, blah blah blah....I'm good to my fellow human beings, pay my taxes, love my kids and my pets too! The only thing qualifying me for hell is my thought pattern. The fact that I can't bring myself to believe the bible. So many will be sent to hell (if it were true that is) just for what we THINK!!! That would be like me punishing my kid for THINKING about doing something bad. Or going to jail for THINKING about stealing a car....how silly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
And what is wrong with living life? I fit the mold for a "christian" life. Married to one man...never been with another man (or woman!) no stealing, or killing, blah blah blah....I'm good to my fellow human beings, pay my taxes, love my kids and my pets too! The only thing qualifying me for hell is my thought pattern. The fact that I can't bring myself to believe the bible. So many will be sent to hell (if it were true that is) just for what we THINK!!! That would be like me punishing my kid for THINKING about doing something bad. Or going to jail for THINKING about stealing a car....how silly!

What religious people refuse to see is that you see and accept Christ just not to their satisfaction.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:

Good thoughts, good deeds.....if you think that's enough, if you are convinced that "you've got it all wrap up in in a nutshell", then carry on. Who am I to argue with that? I'll be here if and when you discover else wise.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
What religious people refuse to see is that you see and accept Christ just not to their satisfaction.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
No, what some PEOPLE refuse to see is, that you see and BELIEVE, Christ IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS!!!!! End of story! I am who I am! The Beginning and the End! The Alpha and Omega! The First and the Last! The Final Authority!

and some of us are okay with that........know what I mean?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
No, what some PEOPLE refuse to see is, that you see and BELIEVE, Christ IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS!!!!! End of story! I am who I am! The Beginning and the End! The Alpha and Omega! The First and the Last! The Final Authority!

You're making my point.

Your not satisfied that someone does see who he is, but you will not acknowledge the way they see it.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Good thoughts, good deeds.....if you think that's enough, if you are convinced that "you've got it all wrap up in in a nutshell", then carry on. Who am I to argue with that? I'll be here if and when you discover else wise.

It should be enough. How dumb is it to punish someone for their thoughts. If that is how god is, then he sucks in the worst kind of way.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Quote:
It should be enough. How dumb is it to punish someone for their thoughts. If that is how god is, then he sucks in the worst kind of way.
I think sometimes people forget why in fact Jesus came to die for us.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM

147 posts, read 312,865 times
Quote:

It pains me to think that such a loving man Jesus would leave the path to salvation so indeterminate. There are thousands of different beliefs other than Christianity... within Christianity there are different doctrines and interpretations of scripture. From what I see it is that one's salvation depends on the "luck of the draw" in happening to come across the correct belief their life... It saddens me to see multitudes of people following a belief and never actually truly questioning or understanding it.

For every Religion it always boils down to "faith". How can a Muslim, Jew, and Christian all claim to have such strong faith yet each one views the other as wrong? You can not say that anothers faith is wrong by using your own faith... There must be SOMETHING undeniable about your belief to make it true and the others false which does not require "faith".

Just because you feel/hope/wish it to be true does not make it true.

If the God of the Christians exists I would only ask him to show himself to the world in a constant and undeniable way in the present... not 2000 years ago. Saying something existential like "God is love", "God is nature", "You are made in Gods image" does not count. But I do not see anything different. Only wonderful hand waving of people saying that we are blind to the truth.

Last edited by Ajeck; 09-01-2009 at 09:26 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I think sometimes people forget why in fact Jesus came to die for us.

Maybe to clean up the mess that he made in the first place?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity