U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 PM
 
2,356 posts, read 6,135,237 times
Reputation: 988
Default Where is Hell?

I used to believe that Hell was located in another dimension.

Now I'm pretty sure that Hell is located in the center of the earth.

1) St Teresa of Avila was shown a vision of where she would spend eternity if she did not convert and stop sinning morally.

"A long time after the Lord had already granted me many of the favors I've mentioned and other very lofty ones, while I was in prayer one day, I suddenly found that, without knowing how, I had seemingly been put in hell. I understood that the Lord wanted me to see the place the devils had prepared there for me and which I merited because of my sins. This experience took place within the shortest space of time, but even were I to live for many years I think it would be impossible for me to forget it. The entrance it seems to me was similar to a very long and narrow alleyway, like an oven, low and dark and confined; the floor seemed to me to consist of dirty, muddy water emitting foul stench and swarming with putrid vermin. At the end of the alleyway a hole that looked like a small cupboard was hollowed out in the wall; there I found I was placed in a cramped condition. All of this was delightful to see in comparison with what I felt there. What I have described can hardly be exaggerated.

"What I felt, it seems to me, cannot even begin to be exaggerated; nor can it be understood. I experienced a fire in the soul that I don't know how I could describe. The bodily pains were so unbearable that though I had suffered excruciating ones in this life and according to what doctors say, the worst that can be suffered on earth for all my nerves were shrunken when I was paralyzed, plus many other sufferings of many kinds that I endured and even some as I said, caused by the devil, these were all nothing in comparison with the ones I experienced there. I saw furthermore that they would go on without end and without ever ceasing. This, however, was nothing next to the soul's agonizing: a constriction, a suffocation, an affliction so keenly felt and with such a despairing and tormenting unhappiness that I don't know how to word it strongly enough. To say the experience is as though the soul were continually being wrested from the body would be insufficient, for it would make you think somebody else is taking away the life, whereas here it is the soul itself that tears itself in pieces. The fact is that I don't know how to give a sufficiently powerful description of that interior fire and that despair, coming in addition to such extreme torments and pains. I didn't see who inflicted them on me, but, as it seemed to me, I felt myself burning and crumbling; and I repeat the worst was that interior fire and despair.

"Being in such an unwholesome place, so unable to hope for any consolation, I found it impossible either to sit down or to lie down, nor was there any room, even though they put me in this kind of hole made in the wall. Those walls, which were terrifying to see, closed in on themselves and suffocated everything. There was no light, but all was enveloped in the blackest darkness. I don't understand how this could be, that everything painful to see was visible."


Sounds like underground to me. There must be many different chambers in Hell. Some people will be in "holes" while others will be in "lakes of fire".


2) Even when your average nonreligious person talks about hell, they often point down and say "down there". It may not be solid factual proof but I've come to realize that sometimes people intuitively know the truth without even realizing it.


3) The Mystical City of God. I'm not 100% sure this book is free of error but right now I believe that most of it is correct. It says the location of Hell is in the center of earth.

~ The Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda ~


4) “The core (of the earth) is mainly composed of iron, nickel and sulfur.”

Earth's Core

From The Truth About Hell

"Revelation 14:10 says, " . . . and he shall be tormented with fire and BRIMSTONE . . ." And Job 18 describes the " . . . PLACE of him that knoweth not God" (vs 21), in verse 15 as, " . . . BRIMSTONE shall be scattered upon his habitation." Do you know what brimstone is? It's sulfur. And do you know where sulfur or brimstone is found? INSIDE THIS EARTH! According to the book Volcanoes by Pierre Kohler (p. 43), when Mt. St Helens erupted in 1980 — 150,000 tons of sulfurous gas was ejected! Job is the oldest book in the Bible, written over 3,000 years ago, and yet Job knew what science wouldn't know for years — inside this earth is BRIMSTONE!"


5) To quote The Truth About Hell

"And in Matthew 12:40, Jesus Christ says:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth!"

Last edited by bellafinzi; 09-30-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
 
1,020 posts, read 1,503,305 times
Reputation: 1035
I think I have been there and back in the past few years. I don't believe in the eternal damnation.

The trials and tribulations in our everyday life can be hell on earth.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 PM
 
73 posts, read 64,457 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
6) To quote The Truth About Hell

"And in Matthew 12:40, Jesus Christ says:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth!"
Jesus didn't say Hell. He said 'heart of the Earth'. It must mean something else otherwise as Jesus calls heaven 'heaven', he would call hell 'Hell. But he did not. Bible made it clear there is a pocket to place Souls. And I am quite clear that God wouldn't put Jesus in a place of sin. Jesus mere presence in Hell would drive all sin away from Earth. Now what would be the point in all that? That would ruin God's plan to put his evil misbehaving souls into. With no sin on Earth, God would have nothing to do on Judgment day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,773 posts, read 6,603,012 times
Reputation: 1912
Hell is down Route 666.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 4,011,263 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
I used to believe that Hell was located in another dimension.

Now I'm pretty sure that Hell is located in the center of the earth.

1) St Teresa of Avila was shown a vision of where she would spend eternity if she did not convert and stop sinning morally.

"A long time after the Lord had already granted me many of the favors I've mentioned and other very lofty ones, while I was in prayer one day, I suddenly found that, without knowing how, I had seemingly been put in hell. I understood that the Lord wanted me to see the place the devils had prepared there for me and which I merited because of my sins. This experience took place within the shortest space of time, but even were I to live for many years I think it would be impossible for me to forget it. The entrance it seems to me was similar to a very long and narrow alleyway, like an oven, low and dark and confined; the floor seemed to me to consist of dirty, muddy water emitting foul stench and swarming with putrid vermin. At the end of the alleyway a hole that looked like a small cupboard was hollowed out in the wall; there I found I was placed in a cramped condition. All of this was delightful to see in comparison with what I felt there. What I have described can hardly be exaggerated.

"What I felt, it seems to me, cannot even begin to be exaggerated; nor can it be understood. I experienced a fire in the soul that I don't know how I could describe. The bodily pains were so unbearable that though I had suffered excruciating ones in this life and according to what doctors say, the worst that can be suffered on earth for all my nerves were shrunken when I was paralyzed, plus many other sufferings of many kinds that I endured and even some as I said, caused by the devil, these were all nothing in comparison with the ones I experienced there. I saw furthermore that they would go on without end and without ever ceasing. This, however, was nothing next to the soul's agonizing: a constriction, a suffocation, an affliction so keenly felt and with such a despairing and tormenting unhappiness that I don't know how to word it strongly enough. To say the experience is as though the soul were continually being wrested from the body would be insufficient, for it would make you think somebody else is taking away the life, whereas here it is the soul itself that tears itself in pieces. The fact is that I don't know how to give a sufficiently powerful description of that interior fire and that despair, coming in addition to such extreme torments and pains. I didn't see who inflicted them on me, but, as it seemed to me, I felt myself burning and crumbling; and I repeat the worst was that interior fire and despair.

"Being in such an unwholesome place, so unable to hope for any consolation, I found it impossible either to sit down or to lie down, nor was there any room, even though they put me in this kind of hole made in the wall. Those walls, which were terrifying to see, closed in on themselves and suffocated everything. There was no light, but all was enveloped in the blackest darkness. I don't understand how this could be, that everything painful to see was visible."


Sounds like underground to me. There must be many different chambers in Hell. Some people will be in "holes" while others will be in "lakes of fire".


2) When Mary showed Hell to the three children at Fatima, a light coming from her hand penetrated the earth and the children were able to see a vision of Hell under the earth.

"She opened Her hands once more, as She had done the two previous months. The rays [of light] appeared to penetrate the earth, and we saw, as it were, a vast sea of fire. Plunged in this fire, we saw the demons and the souls [of the damned]. The latter were like transparent burning embers, all blackened or burnished bronze, having human forms. They were floating about in that conflagration, now raised into the air by the flames which issued from within themselves, together with great clouds of smoke. Now they fell back on every side like sparks in huge fires, without weight or equilibrium, amid shrieks and groans of pain and despair, which horrified us and made us tremble with fright (it must have been this sight which caused me to cry out, as people say they heard me). The demons were distinguished [from the souls of the damned] by their terrifying and repellent likeness to frightful and unknown animals, black and transparent like burning coals. "


3) Even when your average nonreligious person talks about hell, they often point down and say "down there". It may not be solid factual proof but I've come to realize that sometimes people intuitively know the truth without even realizing it.


4) The Mystical City of God. I'm not 100% sure this book is free of error but right now I believe that most of it is correct. It says the location of Hell is in the center of earth.

~ The Mystical City of God by Ven. Mary of Agreda ~


5) “The core (of the earth) is mainly composed of iron, nickel and sulfur.”

Earth's Core

From The Truth About Hell

"Revelation 14:10 says, " . . . and he shall be tormented with fire and BRIMSTONE . . ." And Job 18 describes the " . . . PLACE of him that knoweth not God" (vs 21), in verse 15 as, " . . . BRIMSTONE shall be scattered upon his habitation." Do you know what brimstone is? It's sulfur. And do you know where sulfur or brimstone is found? INSIDE THIS EARTH! According to the book Volcanoes by Pierre Kohler (p. 43), when Mt. St Helens erupted in 1980 — 150,000 tons of sulfurous gas was ejected! Job is the oldest book in the Bible, written over 3,000 years ago, and yet Job knew what science wouldn't know for years — inside this earth is BRIMSTONE!"


6) To quote The Truth About Hell

"And in Matthew 12:40, Jesus Christ says:
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. "

The Bible is clear — Hell is inside the earth!"
Where is hell?





That is where hell(valley of Hinnom) is, Right outside of Jerusalem ... and this is where hell(sheol/hades) is also ...



We all will eventually go to hell (hades/sheol) when we die ...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
 
Location: North Durham
113 posts, read 158,359 times
Reputation: 100
There is no hell !! It's a place we think we will go if we do wrong....Some care....Some don't!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
6,805 posts, read 4,392,677 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
I think I have been there and back in the past few years. I don't believe in the eternal damnation.

The trials and tribulations in our everyday life can be hell on earth.
I concur. The bible seems very clear that there is only this hell we live in right now. I don't believe in eternal damnation.

It was a thorough study of the book of Job that brought about this conclusion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 05:08 AM
 
Location: kansas
55 posts, read 46,543 times
Reputation: 22
I was once told hell is the complete absence of GOD but then I asked them where is GOD their reply does not lend itself to a hell as they told me, they said God is everywhere. Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
 
4,512 posts, read 4,394,159 times
Reputation: 783
methinks i need an extra invitation to getting my acts together.
otherwise, i'm fine, thanks.

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Canada
589 posts, read 870,212 times
Reputation: 236
Ironmaw1776 is right, the words HELL, or HADES (SHEOL) in the Bible simply mean the GRAVES! It is often confused with the Lake of Fire (Rev 12:14) but they are NOT one and the same!

When the Bible says the Son of Man went down to hell for 3 days and 3 nights like Jonas in the belly of a fish, it simply means Jesus Christ was interred in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights after the crucifixion! It's amazing how some Bible "experts" twist it around to mean something else.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top