U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Small Town USA
1,376 posts, read 1,357,372 times
Reputation: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
simple question, could you come to grip with yourself if you found out Jesus was black?

and would you still pray to a black Jesus God?
Yes, that is the simple answer.

Black, white, purple, it's Jesus, all about Jesus . . . and who HE IS as my King of Kings . . .not his appearance, why would anyone care about that????

 
Old 09-03-2009, 07:44 AM
 
16,623 posts, read 13,527,178 times
Reputation: 11444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
It is taught that Jesus is God,
I was taught that Jesus was the son of God, not that they were the same, as you say.

Quote:
that being the case, Jesus had a color either black or white.

I figure that Jesus probably looked much like your typical Arab would today. Probably not sub-Saharan African, probably not European.


Quote:
If Jesus is a brown skin man,
could you pray to a Black God,

Please saved the comment " color does not matter"
it does not answer the question.

peace
The Christian God isn't a person. We say "He", I imagine because that went over well with society 2,000 years ago. So your question is a non-sequitur. It is like asking if I would drive a car, if the car was a black man.
 
Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
 
208 posts, read 199,732 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Yes, that is the simple answer.

Black, white, purple, it's Jesus, all about Jesus . . . and who HE IS as my King of Kings . . .not his appearance, why would anyone care about that????

your answer to this question will bring more light to my question.

when you say Jesus, in your mind what color is the image of Jesus,
because you do have a picture imprinted in you head of Jesus.
 
Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Small Town USA
1,376 posts, read 1,357,372 times
Reputation: 554
Moderator cut:

Orphaned



I guess we all have a picture in our head truthfully . . . my picture is the actor (forget his name) who played Jesus in King of Kings . . . Jeffrey Hunter I think . . . .but anyway . . we all have a picture . . . but if it was Eddie Murphy who played Jesus in King of Kings, he would be my picture. I saw that movie as a child and it impressed me . . . .

Last edited by june 7th; 09-05-2009 at 10:30 AM..
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 AM
 
208 posts, read 199,732 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I was taught that Jesus was the son of God, not that they were the same, as you say.


Most christians would say that Jesus is God, unlike yourself
which would mean that God is a man.


and every man has a color,

from therewe want to know what color was God man Jesus
not this spirit person, Jesus was not Spirit, But Human.

why did God choose a certain race for himself over another race
if it does not matter as some would try to say, which is nit the case here


Jesus looking like an Arab?? what?

how about scripture?
We can assume therefore when Christ came he looked like an Egyptian, this then make sense as to why God sends Mary and Joseph to Egypt to hide Jesus. Mat 2:13-15
Revelations 1:15 says "and his feet like unto fine brass as if they burned in a furnace?"



not only that Jesus was an israelite and the israelites come from Africa cush.

AMOS 9:7

"Are not you Israelites the same to me as the Ethiopians declares the LORD. "Did I not bring Israel up from Egypt,





I figure that Jesus probably looked much like your typical Arab would today. Probably not sub-Saharan African, probably not European.




The Christian God isn't a person. We say "He", I imagine because that went over well with society 2,000 years ago. So your question is a non-sequitur. It is like asking if I would drive a car, if the car was a black man.



Most christians would say that Jesus is God, unlike yourself
which would mean that God is a man.


and every man has a color,

from therewe want to know what color was God man Jesus
not this spirit person, Jesus was not Spirit, But Human.

why did God choose a certain race for himself over another race
if it does not matter as some would try to say, which is nit the case here


Jesus looking like an Arab?? what?

how about scripture?
We can assume therefore when Christ came he looked like an Egyptian, this then make sense as to why God sends Mary and Joseph to Egypt to hide Jesus. Mat 2:13-15
Revelations 1:15 says "and his feet like unto fine brass as if they burned in a furnace?"



not only that Jesus was an israelite and the israelites come from Africa cush.

AMOS 9:7

"Are not you Israelites the same to me as the Ethiopians declares the LORD. "Did I not bring Israel up from Egypt,
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 AM
 
208 posts, read 199,732 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I guess we all have a picture in our head truthfully . . . my picture is the actor (forget his name) who played Jesus in King of Kings . . . Jeffrey Hunter I think . . . .but anyway . . we all have a picture . . . but if it was Eddie Murphy who played Jesus in King of Kings, he would be my picture. I saw that movie as a child and it impressed me . . . .

thanks for an honest answer,

now that image you pray to in your head is God Jesus right?
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,089 posts, read 8,101,156 times
Reputation: 3824
Could You Pray To A Black God

"Could" denotes ability, not inclination, if you "Can" pray, you "Could" to any flavor of the month diety. Perhaps the original question should be "Would" which does denote inclination, or likelihood, it assumes the ability to pray, the question is, to which mythological being.
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,282,203 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must not do so in a physical mindset.
Once again, simple and profound...and skipped. lol Hope you're doing well, L Elmer.
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Over the Rainbow...
5,964 posts, read 6,905,798 times
Reputation: 3059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
we are talking about Jesus being a black God,

could yoy pray to a black God?

not christian love.
My answer is "yes" - I don't care what color he is if in fact he has one at all.
 
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,159,374 times
Reputation: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
your prayer should be enough, you dont need a world prayer for me.

I dont believe you answer the question, when you see Jesus in your head now, could you see him as being black?


peace
Your OP makes several assumptions. You pre-suppose that God and Jesus are one and the same, Christianity has debated this since it's inception. Overlooking this and answering you (which you have avoided with my inquiries as well as others in this thread) here is my opinion.

I see Jesus as a multi-racial individual. I see Jesus having physical qualities and attributes that enable him to be envisioned differently based on the believer.

As to g*d, you presupppose a gender of male. I often refer to the g*d of my understanding as a female. When I do this I seek an inquiry, but my understanding truly ascribes no gender to g*d. I do not see form, I do not see images, I see power and infinite capacity for understanding.

The questions I previously asked were intended to bring forth constructive conversation. Apparently you do not see the value.

My humility is such that I do not believe my prayers are enough for any cause, and that improvement occurs when we all come together to pray in unison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top