U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:45 AM

55 posts, read 68,999 times

Advertisements

one question who are the ones in revelations that are called goats and who are the ones when not found in the lambs book of life are cast into the lake of fire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 05:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,685,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
He can't be 98% love and 2% justice, which is what UR'ers would like to believe.

No he is 100% love all the time so anything God does must be seen in that light.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 AM

30,222 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoneer View Post
one question who are the ones in revelations that are called goats and who are the ones when not found in the lambs book of life are cast into the lake of fire
Just like the rest of us you were taught and indoctrinated with that concept.
The Lord is opening our hearts and minds to the truth that not only does He desire all to be saved He will have all be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:15 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,408,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoneer View Post
They are the non-elect, the subjects of the Kingdom (Mat 8:12). They will be tormented (greek: basanizo - actually means tested for purification as with a touchstone - check it on blueletterbible.org yourself) for the ages of the ages. When the ages end they will be subjected to the Kingdom so God will be all in all.

Rev 14:11 and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages; and they have no rest day and night, who are bowing before the beast and his image, also if any doth receive the mark of his name.

Its only for ages of ages, not for eternity.

All will be made alive in Christ, just as all died because of Adam.

1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Key things to note: ALL are made alive. Christ doesn't reign forever, only for the ages, until the last enemy is defeated (death). When death is defeated, all are alive. Then all are subjected to God and God is all in all. No one is excluded at this point. There is no eternal hell of torment and torture.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Just like the rest of us you were taught and indoctrinated with that concept.
The Lord is opening our hearts and minds to the truth that not only does He desire all to be saved He will have all be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
Yep, so when you come to this knowledge, you can do whatever you heart desires, because you are saved anyway. There is no reprocussions against God Almighty, maybe outside of a little fire, for a spell, but have no fear of God or man or any law made by either. Since you are saved anyway, do as you wish.

God loves you. It does not matter at all if you don't love God. It does not matter if you accept Jesus, nor follow Him. Why?

Because in the next age, you will get a little beat down to bring you into submission, perhaps. Perhaps there is no punishment. Don't know, but don't worry, we are saved anyway. Just remember to bow when called to, and see Jesus crowned King. Then scripture can be fulfilled. After that, don't worry, be happy.

You will have gotten the best of both worlds. You can live your best life now, and your best life later. Who would not want that???

And yes, this post is not how I feel, but I wanted to show you the utter lunacy of what is being preached these days as truth.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Yep, so when you come to this knowledge, you can do whatever you heart desires, because you are saved anyway. There is no reprocussions against God Almighty, maybe outside of a little fire, for a spell, but have no fear of God or man or any law made by either. Since you are saved anyway, do as you wish.

God loves you. It does not matter at all if you don't love God. It does not matter if you accept Jesus, nor follow Him. Why?

Because in the next age, you will get a little beat down to bring you into submission, perhaps. Perhaps there is no punishment. Don't know, but don't worry, we are saved anyway. Just remember to bow when called to, and see Jesus crowned King. Then scripture can be fulfilled. After that, don't worry, be happy.

You will have gotten the best of both worlds. You can live your best life now, and your best life later. Who would not want that???

And yes, this post is not how I feel, but I wanted to show you the utter lunacy of what is being preached these days as truth.

Sigh.

I guess according to you the best thing that you could be doing right now is living the most carnal life of sin that you can think of. I guess the only reason you don't do that is you fear missing out on your rewards and being annihilated.

Yep, sounds like you've discovered the meaning of life.

HotinAZ, anyone with that attitude, does not understand what it means to be good, and will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,374,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Sigh.

I guess according to you the best thing that you could be doing right now is living the most carnal life of sin that you can think of. I guess the only reason you don't do that is you fear missing out on your rewards and being annihilated.

Yep, sounds like you've discovered the meaning of life.

HotinAZ, anyone with that attitude, does not understand what it means to be good, and will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
WHAT??

I thought we were ALL saved anyway? Does this mean you will "rule" over me with a rod of iron??

Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,685,493 times
Quote:
Yep, so when you come to this knowledge, you can do whatever you heart desires, because you are saved anyway.
What is our hearts desire?

Your logic is as flawed as the OP, many people can be shown to have comitted grievious acts and claiming they had permission from God and it was always under the paradigm of eternal torment.

Quote:

There is no reprocussions against God Almighty, maybe outside of a little fire, for a spell, but have no fear of God or man or any law made by either. Since you are saved anyway, do as you wish.
Then your plea is emotional and a contradiction to your own assertions, if God decides on the punishment, what are you going to do about it? Argue with God that he should be more hateful , hateful as you want to be?

Quote:

Another lie in it's full measure. It is about God never giving up until we understand.

Quote:

More emotion that is irrelevant.

Quote:

Yes indeed, Christianity does teach that you should be a miserable wretch barely able to survive this life in order for life to be worth living, yeah talk about lunacy will you, please continue to make us understand why we left that garbage pit.

Quote:
And yes, this post is not how I feel
liar
Quote:

, but I wanted to show you the utter lunacy of what is being preached these days as truth.
Yes, you demonstrated that in Christianity very well, thank you.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
WHAT??

I thought we were ALL saved anyway? Does this mean you will "rule" over me with a rod of iron??
We are not saved "anyway" as you are suggesting. We are only saved God's way. How can you be saved from sin if you are still desiring to sin!?!? Anyone who is living (or even desiring) a life of carnal sin has not been saved yet. When God leads them to repent, they will no longer desire carnal sin, and will no longer have the attitude you suggested above about sinning all they want and being saved "anyway".

As for who is ruling with the rod of iron, that's for God to decide. I can't judge your heart. I don't know if you or me is elect, but yes the elect will rule the non-elect with a rod of iron. I can only hope and have faith I will overcome and God will keep leading me to repent.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,237,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman
......an untruth has a way of revealing itself by yet another untruth...sooner or later, they eventually catch up with you...

Quote:
WHAT??

......given enough time...the truth does have a way of revealing itself...does it not...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity