Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times

Advertisements

Think about it... FOREVER and EVER with unending torture for a limited time that you spent on this earth. Take a minute to think about what unending means. You cannot wrap your mind around it. After a trillion years, your time in literal burning flames of agony and torture hasn`t even begun yet. All because you were not drawn to God in your limited knowledge and limited time on a sin filled, physical, carnal earth. A 15 year old spends FOREVER in flaming fires of torture because in those few years on earth did not say a sinners pray? They could have been a good student, polite, friendly, helpful, respectful etc. But yet get unending torture crying out for mercy for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever!They get thrown into the same kettle as pedophiles,rapist,and murderers? Is that the God you worship? I believe those who teach such a thing should be ashamed of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
I was doing a bible study today and came across these verses.

While I don't believe hell is a literal place . . . . I've been thinking on these verses.

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
—Daniel 12:2

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,—2 Thessalonians 1:9

THIS is my belief, that Hell, is bowing down to Jesus, but not being invited in to the place he is preparing for us . . . and dying, permanently . . . forever and ever gone, just dead.

Revelation 20:9-15
And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.—Revelation 20:9-15
Great post!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Would you not say when someone turns to the Lord, calls on their name, and swears allegiance to them, that they have repented? Especially considering Isa 55:7?
I would ask you read Isaiah 65:13-15 to "see" what hell is.

Cut off from the sustance of Life, nonbelievers have no food, drink, with shame and a broken spirit that has not been reborn, and ends up being slayed(Verse15).

While those who serve the King are given food(Tree of Life), drink (Living Water), these rejoice and sing worship praises with a rebirthed spirit, a new creation, who are given a new name.

See the difference if you can. Where is the rebirth for the slayed?

If all of mankind bows to God Isaiah 66:23, how do they look upon the corpses of those in verse 24? Seems we have some sort of a contradiction, unless you see that when God says all of mankind, He is talking about those who are living,,ALL of them, and not those who are dead, for how can they be included in the all, when they are not there?

Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Think about it... FOREVER and EVER with unending torture for a limited time that you spent on this earth. Take a minute to think about what unending means. You cannot wrap your mind around it. After a trillion years, your time in literal burning flames of agony and torture hasn`t even begun yet. All because you were not drawn to God in your limited knowledge and limited time on a sin filled, physical, carnal earth. A 15 year old spends FOREVER in flaming fires of torture because in those few years on earth did not say a sinners pray? They could have been a good student, polite, friendly, helpful, respectful etc. But yet get unending torture crying out for mercy for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever!They get thrown into the same kettle as pedophiles,rapist,and murderers? Is that the God you worship? I believe those who teach such a thing should be ashamed of themselves.
This post is rediculous. Get thrown in the same kettle? So this is your argument? That they would share the same fate as the most horrific of people? And you want these unrepentant evil people in heaven with you? You want darkness abiding in the Light? You actually desire this? Interesting.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 PM

193 posts, read 289,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This post is rediculous. Get thrown in the same kettle? So this is your argument? That they would share the same fate as the most horrific of people? And you want these unrepentant evil people in heaven with you? You want darkness abiding in the Light? You actually desire this? Interesting.
It's obvious that's not what he means.

It means God will have the ways and means to reconcile sinners unto himself.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
It's obvious that's not what he means.

It means God will have the ways and means to reconcile sinners unto himself.
God already provided this by sending His son to die on the cross.

It also means that the Way and means to the Kingdom is completed.

But it does not mean the Way is open beyond this human life. If so, prove it in scripture.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:33 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
God already provided this by sending His son to die on the cross.
provided what? the blood of Christ provided redemption. not a way to redemption. Redemption.

Romans 3:22-25 (New International Version) 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
Footnotes: vs 25: Or as the one who would turn aside his wrath, taking away sin

By saying that there is a Hell for ANYONE you are contradicting and belittling the sacrifice that was made and the faith in his blood. Where is God's wrath? Where is the selected few who are saved? There is no difference for ALL have sinned.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:40 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
But it does not mean the Way is open beyond this human life. If so, prove it in scripture.
John 5:25 (New International Version) 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Even the dead are saved.... and hear the Truth.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
I would ask you read Isaiah 65:13-15 to "see" what hell is.

Cut off from the sustance of Life, nonbelievers have no food, drink, with shame and a broken spirit that has not been reborn, and ends up being slayed(Verse15).

While those who serve the King are given food(Tree of Life), drink (Living Water), these rejoice and sing worship praises with a rebirthed spirit, a new creation, who are given a new name.

See the difference if you can. Where is the rebirth for the slayed?

If all of mankind bows to God Isaiah 66:23, how do they look upon the corpses of those in verse 24? Seems we have some sort of a contradiction, unless you see that when God says all of mankind, He is talking about those who are living,,ALL of them, and not those who are dead, for how can they be included in the all, when they are not there?
Isa 65:13-15 is talking about the chosen elect - the "servants". They have food and drink (tree of life and living water like you said). Everyone else doesn't. There is definitely an elect and a non-elect, and different stages of people being saved. But all are made alive in their own order.

The rebirth for the slayed is at the resurrection, or after the lake of fire. Everyone will go through fire and may suffer by works being burned up, but he himself shall be saved.

Perhaps all mankind does not bow at the same time. In Isa 66:23, they look at dead bodies of the rebellious. But all bowing will happen after the resurrection, when people have been given spiritual bodies. In that case it might be you & me looking at our own carcasses.

JMHO on this, but I don't think it is clear cut point for "hell" or annihilation.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
provided what? the blood of Christ provided redemption. not a way to redemption. Redemption.
Jhn 14:6
Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; NO ONE comes to the Father but THROUGH Me.

Quote:
Romans 3:22-25 (New International Version) 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—
Footnotes: vs 25: Or as the one who would turn aside his wrath, taking away sin
Keep reading the SERMON letter to the Romans.

Romans 8:10
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

When does eternal life begin? Does this say everyone lives? Or those who are putting to death the deeds of the body? Repentance, in other words.

Quote:
By saying that there is a Hell for ANYONE you are contradicting and belittling the sacrifice that was made and the faith in his blood.
God's Word says there is a hell, I didn't. And who is the one who has Faith in the blood, but those who profess Jesus as King and Redeemer?

Quote:
Where is God's wrath?
John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Can you SEE this? Those who do not obey the Son. Those who are not subject to the King. Those who have not repented of their sins.
They WILL NOT SEE LIFE.

Quote:
Where is the selected few who are saved?
It is those who obey the Son!

Quote:
There is no difference for ALL have sinned.
Yes, there is a difference. How can you not see this? Saying ALL have sinned is like saying ALL have skin. It is our nature. It is our being. That is why the OLD nature must be put to death, NOW, and become a new(out of the old) creation. God does this, to THOSE who obey.
You keep saying the sacrifice is being belittled by people like myself. I refute this back upon you. I believe you belittle the sacrifice, because there is no accountablility to the fallen man. You seem to have wiped this out. In fact, most of the letters themselves give an accounting for how to live as Christians. Why write anything at all? If all are saved, then the Apostles sure wasted alot of time. They could have planted gardens singing happy, happy tunes.
I would be sure to ask God concerning these matters, if I were you. Or if that is too much, at least read ALL of His Word.

John the Baptist(Matthew 3:2)
Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand!!

Jesus (Matthew 4:17):
From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Mark 1:15
"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Mark 6:12
They went out and preached that all should repent.

Now, some would say that Jesus and John and the Apostles were only talking to those prior to the death of Jesus. But really, were they?

Peter {said} to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3
"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you, whom heaven must receive until period of restoration of all things about which God spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

'And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.'

Destroyed. Gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity