Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 10:50 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,278,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The implication you make regaurding learning the language is false.

If it is up to God to Save. Is it up to God? Is God the final authority on who ACTUALLY is saved? Well I believe that HE IS. So if I believe that God is the final authority and I believe that only through Christ will a man be saved, then I have the right idea.

1Ti 2:4 Who wishes all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And Gods wish can be rightly said to be his desire

1Ti 2:4 Who desires all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Your scriptural translation was never the problem. It is your unscriptural declaration that "not all will come to God" You can intepret scripture that way if you like, but you still create a contradiction and you want to hide this fact, you continue to hide it and obscure it.

Isaiah 46:10.... You can try to take the knowledge high ground and continue your condescending nonsense to hide your error in talking about reading the language, but you cannot get around the wording even in ancient hebrew.

God not only says his desire he will do, he says ALL his DESIRE he will do. Or, He WILL do ALL his DESIRE, He Will Do ALL his pleasure.

So if God is the FINAL AUTHORITY concerning WHO is SAVED and it is his DESIRE that ALL men be saved and ALL his DESIRE he will do, then FINE.....

He will DO ALL his DESIRE.

If you do not believe that, THAT is YOUR problem. But I used YOUR translation to prove what GOD says.

To say "not all men will come to him" is a contradiction.
I find this very funny you only choose certain scripture to stick with, I already gave my insight on these, but scripture I provide, you say prove that Jesus is not going to do what He said He would do. Foolish, so I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,480,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Why are you always tooting your horn about the "learn the language so you can read the Jewish bible" stuff?

It sounds egocentric which may be why you think God would torment others (not yourself of course) for eternity rather than saving them all for Himself.
It` called pride and we know what God said about pride.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Wow, real nice. I rest my case.
Lurkers, are you watching.
There is not much to pick on, you UR's choose to ignore scripture. If ones does not plainly take the words of Jesus, then your words mean nothing.

There is not much to pick on, I was referring to the arguement of UR's. They don't dish out anything of evidence to show in scripture, so there is nothing that show that UR is even valied. Not much to debate, because UR stay in safe zone.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,905,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`ve learned that a lot of the church followers on here unfortunately result to insults and personal attacks all the time. When they cannot refute scripture that is what they do. It isn`t a coincidence that a lot of people have such a negative view of the church. I believe this is one of the reasons. They will say God bless and how they want to learn out of one side of their mouth while hurling insults and sarcasm out of the other. It`s obvious that most have no interest in learning and having a discussion.. They are just here to proclaim what they have been taught and if you don`t agree with them, then the insults start. Once they start down that road, you just except them for what they are and move on. God is the one that has to do a work in them. All of the love talk rings hollow after awhile, when it`s insult after insult.

I not one to talk I can fling my share of things around. But that's who I am and I do not pretend to be more than I am.

I also do not substitute my forum antics for an assertion that somehow I am more knowledgable or better than someone else.

The blatent lies start when these people try to fake their love and pretend that they aren't insulting. They pretend to not think of themselves more highly than those they insult. They bear a false witness.

But of course their lies will not prevent them from entering the kingdom, OOOOh NOOOOO

Old 09-05-2009, 10:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,465,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I find this very funny you only choose certain scripture to stick with, I already gave my insight on these, but scripture I provide, you say prove that Jesus is not going to do what He said He would do. Foolish, so I rest my case.
Whoa! What case did you rest? He has a very good point there. His logic is sound. You disputed the language of a verse. He refuted by pointing out that if what you say is true there is a contradiction between verses. Do you believe there can be contradiction between verses? Or do you believe that the bible is true.... that the authors are in sync?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Why are you always tooting your horn about the "learn the language so you can read the Jewish bible" stuff?

It sounds egocentric which may be why you think God would torment others (not yourself of course) for eternity rather than saving them all for Himself.

I'm just saying....oh and I've taken to spacing out my paragraphs... looks quite tidy... Thanks for the advice.
I am not tooting anything. First UR state that the english version is in error. Then when you give them the scripture in the language that they say they want for you to go to, they then run from that with saying, how do you know that you are translating it right and how do I know you are not changing words. Figures, so I say learn the language for yourself, so you don't think that I am changing or playing with words.

ATleast, we would be able to debate in the Jewish bible.

Geeze, alot of UR complain that the english is in error, but the main ones who are complaining about it, can't even debate and argue, due to them not knowing the language. Seem foolish to bring up, if you can't read the language, thus understand what you are copying and pasting.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Whoa! What case did you rest? He has a very good point there. His logic is sound. You disputed the language of a verse. He refuted by pointing out that if what you say is true there is a contradiction between verses. Do you believe there can be contradiction between verses? Or do you believe that the bible is true.... that the authors are in sync?
The scripture that I provided, He says prove that Jesus says He will not do what he says, or the other way around. Now, that is foolish.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

If Jesus says this, why will I have to provide proof to say other wise.

I am not twisting His Words, this is what He is saying, not me. But he says proof that He will do other wise. If that is the case, we will have to say, ok, what ever Jesus says in scripture, prove it.

Scripture does not contradict itself.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
You find it funny, yet your not refuting what I have said, you want to call me foolish, go ahead, that changes nothing for what you cannot answer to. Keep insulting me, oh but of course you will lie and say your not insulting me, Liars cannot enter the kingdom so I guess you're SCREWED.

Saying I stick to one scripture is a lie, I am only reminding you that the point remains unrefuted by you and you have to resort to unfounded nonsense like calling me foolish and saying "I rest my case"

If your case is rested then do not reply to this, let it be known that you cannot explain HOW "NOT ALL MEN COME TO GOD" When God SAYS in any language that "ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO"

If God is the FINAL AUTHORITY for men being SAVED and he DESIRES that ALL MEN BE SAVED, and "ALL HIS DESIRE HE WILL DO" then you contradict GOD by saying "NOT ALL MEN COME TO GOD"

So please if your going to insult me again, get more creative.

Otherwise, your lies have screwed you by your own beliefs. Sorry for you.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,418,213 times
Hey guys, can we either get back on topic..or go to bed

Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
The scripture that I provided, He says prove that Jesus says He will not do what he says, or the other way around. Now, that is foolish.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

If Jesus says this, why will I have to provide proof to say other wise.

I am not twisting His Words, this is what He is saying, not me. But he says proof that He will do other wise. If that is the case, we will have to say, ok, what ever Jesus says in scripture, prove it.

Scripture does not contradict itself.

Nope, you made the claim "Not all men come to God" The passage you use to say that Jesus says this, does not contain those words. It is your belief that Jesus didn't have to say that to mean it, but that is your intepretation, not Jesus words. I explained the length in which I will say what the passage means, but I do not maintain that it means "not all men come to God" that is your belief.

My point of view does not contradict, the "language" in whcih you say you know still does not contain the phrase "not all men come to God" so if you say it does I again know your in error or lying.

Your unscriptural declaration "not all men come to God" is the contradiction, it is YOUR belief that contradicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity