Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,286,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You find it funny, yet your not refuting what I have said, you want to call me foolish, go ahead, that changes nothing for what you cannot answer to. Keep insulting me, oh but of course you will lie and say your not insulting me, Liars cannot enter the kingdom so I guess you're SCREWED.

Saying I stick to one scripture is a lie, I am only reminding you that the point remains unrefuted by you and you have to resort to unfounded nonsense like calling me foolish and saying "I rest my case"

If your case is rested then do not reply to this, let it be known that you cannot explain HOW "NOT ALL MEN COME TO GOD" When God SAYS in any language that "ALL MY DESIRE I WILL DO"

If God is the FINAL AUTHORITY for men being SAVED and he DESIRES that ALL MEN BE SAVED, and "ALL HIS DESIRE HE WILL DO" then you contradict GOD by saying "NOT ALL MEN COME TO GOD"

So please if your going to insult me again, get more creative.

Otherwise, your lies have screwed you by your own beliefs. Sorry for you.
I already provided the scipture that says that all will not come to God, you just don't want to accept it.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

If I am lying, I am merely taking scripture for what it says. All will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. That means all, there is your all. Don't be sorry for me, be sorry for the person that don't understand this scripture.

If all came to God, why is He sending them away during the verse. It is obvious He is not sending His followers away. UMMM, I guess you don't see that.

So, you tell me, the ones He is sending away, why? Or do you not believe this scripture?

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 09-05-2009 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: removed a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,635,425 times
...here ya go...!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Universalists only!!!!!

What does this verse mean in your opinion???

MATTHEW 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ihonestly want to know your opinion!!!
My curiosity is getting the best of me!!!

BTW I have never believed in the eternal torture called hell!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
...there!!!...back on topic...still waiting.........

Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Nope, you made the claim "Not all men come to God" The passage you use to say that Jesus says this, does not contain those words. It is your belief that Jesus didn't have to say that to mean it, but that is your intepretation, not Jesus words. I explained the length in which I will say what the passage means, but I do not maintain that it means "not all men come to God" that is your belief.

My point of view does not contradict, the "language" in whcih you say you know still does not contain the phrase "not all men come to God" so if you say it does I again know your in error or lying.

Your unscriptural declaration "not all men come to God" is the contradiction, it is YOUR belief that contradicts.
Ok, if it is my interpretation what does the scripture say?

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

Is Jesus lying? If He is then who will enter the Kingdom? So, who are these people that He says will not enter, and if he said they will not enter, how do they get in?

Can someones soul and body be destroyed in Hell?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,920,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Idiot
LOL
Quote:

I already provided the scipture that says that all will not come to God, you just don't want to accept it.

I do not accept your interpretation and it does not say that "All will not come to God"

Quote:

You have to prove that NOT ALL will not do the will of the Father at some point and time.

You simply contradict with your intepretation.

Quote:
If I am lying, I am merely taking scripture for what it says. All will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. That means all, there is your all.

It doesn't say that, you have decided that is a correct interpretation, but those words are not there. It is simply stating the condition for entry, not that there will be some who will not at some point do the will of the father.

The will of the father can include bowing and confessing that Jesus is Lord for the Glory of God the Father.

You know the language, so you know what verse that is in and you know what verse that says No one says Jesus is Lord except by the holy spirit.

Because of course you know the language so well. Explain how NOT ALL do the will of the Father when ALL will do the will of the father when they confess Jesus as Lord through the Holy spirit.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:23 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,920,858 times
Quote:
Ok, if it is my interpretation what does the scripture say?

Is Jesus lying? If He is then who will enter the Kingdom? So, who are these people that He says will not enter, and if he said they will not enter, how do they get in?

Can someones soul and body be destroyed in Hell?

They get in when they do the will of the father, because it says "but he who does the will of the father"

Here is another example.

Mt 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Oh this means "Not all men will come to God" ? Nope

Here is the condition.

Mt 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

He tells them how.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
LOL

I do not accept your interpretation and it does not say that "All will not come to God"

You have to prove that NOT ALL will not do the will of the Father at some point and time.

You simply contradict with your intepretation.

It doesn't say that, you have decided that is a correct interpretation, but those words are not there. It is simply stating the condition for entry, not that there will be some who will not at some point do the will of the father.

The will of the father can include bowing and confessing that Jesus is Lord for the Glory of God the Father.

You know the language, so you know what verse that is in and you know what verse that says No one says Jesus is Lord except by the holy spirit.

Because of course you know the language so well. Explain how NOT ALL do the will of the Father when ALL will do the will of the father when they confess Jesus as Lord through the Holy spirit.
Quote:
Neither does it say what you are trying to make it say.

Well, lets see what is there?

I have to prove what Jesus is saying? Where does it say that some will at some point enter?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,485,426 times
Quote:
I am not tooting anything. First UR state that the english version is in error. Then when you give them the scripture in the language that they say they want for you to go to, they then run from that with saying, how do you know that you are translating it right and how do I know you are not changing words. Figures, so I say learn the language for yourself, so you don't think that I am changing or playing with words.

ATleast, we would be able to debate in the Jewish bible.

Geeze, alot of UR complain that the english is in error, but the main ones who are complaining about it, can't even debate and argue, due to them not knowing the language. Seem foolish to bring up, if you can't read the language, thus understand what you are copying and pasting.
No, I (for I can't speak for others) was simply saying that you must come down to my level because I do not speak greek or hebrew nor understand it unless I use outside sources to translate... Just want you to refute in english what many are reading in english. Some were saying that the bible no matter what translation or version used is inspired and thus never corruptible... something like that.

Plus, I don't think the sentence you translated sounded like the nouns and verbs were in their proper place which created an askewed meaning. Thats all.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
They get in when they do the will of the father, because it says "but he who does the will of the father"

Here is another example.

Mt 23:33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Oh this means "Not all men will come to God" ? Nope

Here is the condition.

Mt 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

He tells them how.
We go over this over and over. You refuse to take one over another.

Well, lets see

"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life."
John 5:39

We see this even today, as the people of Jesus times, who as he said refused to come to Him, they were foolish and actually thought they could posses eternal life without comeing to Him. UMMMMM, I guess I made that one up also.

So, I have to prove that Jesus meant what He said.

Jesus was saying to a specific people at that time, but this is what He as saying to them. They refused to come to Him, not my words, His.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
No, I (for I can't speak for others) was simply saying that you must come down to my level because I do not speak greek or hebrew nor understand it unless I use outside sources to translate... Just want you to refute in english what many are reading in english. Some were saying that the bible no matter what translation or version used is inspired and thus never corruptible... something like that.

Plus, I don't think the sentence you translated sounded like the nouns and verbs were in their proper place which created an askewed meaning. Thats all.
The only reason I used the translation because I found many UR's, attacking the english version that I used, and they say, use the Hebrew and Greek language. Little did they know, I actually knew it. But when I provided it, they then attack what they couldn't read. If you can't read it, why tell someone to provide it, if you can't understand. Does not make any sense.

What I provided was correct. I am not forcing anyone to believe what I provided, that is why it is valuable to understand it for yourself.

So, as I tell UR's, they can't pick on any translation issues, because what they use is really being debated. They are useing a bible that all if not every word had been changed to sound friendly.

So, they can't argue about the translation issue, unless they can actually debate with you when you translate the language. That is all I am saying.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,485,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Geez... I come back and .... I wasn't going to answer but... ok

I'll take a stab at it

Just off the top of my head I'd say that the word "hell"
is geenna (a copy and paste). Which to the Jewish people meant the place they abhorred since it was supposedly used to house a false god to whom the godless would throw children into fire to appease.

So then they threw their garbage and criminals who were dead to burn it/them. A wasteland! but that is how I heard the story anyway.

So perhaps He meant that your body is ruined by your sins and so is your soul. *shrugs*

look at 10:29!!! "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. "

I have no idea why He's talking about sparrows or why you would sell them.. I thought they were the birds flying around outside my house... Why would you sell them? That is troubling!
Hope that helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...here ya go...!....

...there!!!...back on topic...still waiting.........
I tried to answer but I guess it was swallowed up Lots of posts since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity