Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 PM

606 posts, read 698,942 times

Advertisements

atheist? or people with beliefs other than Christian??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 08:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Christians who downgrade,insult, and belittle other Christians. Really tears me up the way some of these religion forums go about their "evangelizing". Don't know how they think they are pleasing God. Everytime someone starts one that I think I will be interested in, a few posts down the war begins. I think I will not post in them anymore. Just wanted to post here, before it gets nasty

Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,879 times
[quote=ducksburg;649729]atheist? or people with beliefs other than Christian??[/QUOTE

Neither..there is only one way for all of us, christians, included.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 PM

606 posts, read 698,942 times
unexpected answer,ahh,thank yall

Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
C.S. Lewis once wrote something like this:

The Christian knows more than the Jew.
The Jew knows more than the pagan.
The pagan knows more than the atheist.
And the mildly religious man knows less than any of them.

But whenever someone asks me who I think is going to hell, I've found it's always best to look in the mirror first. Helps to keep things in perspective.

Look at it like this: No one is going to hell who doesn't deserve it, and no one is going to heaven who does.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
Whoever is an evil person whether they be athiest, Hindu, Christian, Jew doesn't matter. One's ability to go to Hell has nothing to do with what you do or don't believe. Now one's ability to go to Heaven; that's another story.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:54 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Christians who downgrade,insult, and belittle other Christians. Really tears me up the way some of these religion forums go about their "evangelizing". Don't know how they think they are pleasing God. Everytime someone starts one that I think I will be interested in, a few posts down the war begins. I think I will not post in them anymore. Just wanted to post here, before it gets nasty
Blue62, I agree whole heartedly with you about the trouble makers. However, please do not let the trolls turn you off from sharing with us! You have had some great posts and I would really hate to see you back down because of a couple of trouble makers It is BECAUSE of them that we really need more like YOU!

As for the OP...well, the only answer I have for you will most likely cause a stir. It is not my intention to offend or start a war...but since you asked I will give my answer!

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He hae His ONLY begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, should NOT perish, but have everlasting life!

That's pretty much all there is to the answer! Whether atheist or other religions...if you do not believe in Jesus (which in order to believe in Jesus, you would have to believe in GOD!), it is written that you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
In context:
John 3:16-18 (King James Version)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by kawgpz550; 05-01-2007 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: To boldface the last verse

Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,154 times
To add a little more FYI, personally, from what the Bible teaches, I also believe that the Jews will ALSO inherit God's Kingdom...even though they do not believe that Jesus was the true Messiah. It is written that the Jews are also God's people and that anyone that messes with them will suffer.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
To add a little more FYI, personally, from what the Bible teaches, I also believe that the Jews will ALSO inherit God's Kingdom...even though they do not believe that Jesus was the true Messiah. It is written that the Jews are also God's people and that anyone that messes with them will suffer.
Well, now I'm confused. Not because I haven't heard this before. I have, many times. But, it always begs the question, how can one state that the only way a person can be saved, is by believing in Jesus, asking him to be your saviour, (i.e. believing he is the Messiah)? Then, turn around and making an entirely different statement "that the Jews will also inherit God's Kingdom, even though they do not believe that Jesus was the true Messiah"? I'm not picking on you, Kawpgz. Like I said, I've heard this preached and taught before, but it doesn't quite compute. Going by this premise, is sounds like our Jewish friends have a nice little loophole! The Bible states that "all have sinned", so how is it that one group of people get a "get out of jail, free", card? This is totally contradictory.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
An ever burning hell is not biblical. There are three "hells" in NT: the grave, tartaroo (hell for "bad" angels) and armageddon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity