Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
because the whole idea of walking people to execution chambers and killing them sickens me. Life without parole is better option IMO.
It's a Shame that you are not sickened about the belief that unbelievers will be cast into a lake of eternal fire,at least life without parole would be a better option and more merciful ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
I think it falls under Universal Law of the Land

Old 01-15-2017, 01:11 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I think it falls under Universal Law of the Land
It is not universal at this time in history. Here is a link to a page that has a colored map showing which nations still impose the death penalty:

Map: Which Countries Use the Death Penalty? - The Atlantic

Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
With some of man's wars, it seems that their military is sent off to war as a capital punishment .
How would Jesus' vote about capital punishment.
Especially since the words from Jesus' mouth will execute the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16; Psalm 92:7
Remember an execution is Not murder, but justice for the sake of righteousness.
However, often with man's corruption an innocent person is convicted of a crime he did Not commit - Ecclesiastes 8:9
Well in the U.S. a lot of men have been used as cannon fodder to further the might and scope of the Empire, but not for punishment, yet often because there are no other job options. Almost universally (and you can check this) the men who have sent men into harms way have been draft dodgers or just chose not to "serve" since Eisenhower. There may be one or two exceptions, but I can't think of any. I'm sure you are probably familiar with the speech by American General Smedley D. Butler entitled "WAR IS A RACKET".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket

I believe the book of Revelation touches on the kings of the earth trading (profiteering) in the souls of men.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:27 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I'm sure you are probably familiar with the speech by American General Smedley D. Butler entitled "WAR IS A RACKET".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket
Yes, excellent book, which should be REQUIRED reading in Public Schools, but you know that will never happen. The gears of the war machine must keep turning, afterall.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:48 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
I support the death penalty. I refer in Genesis 9:6 to aid my support for it.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:17 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I really do not need biblical support to exterminate vermin..All heinous crimes--like Dylan Roof's, rape, pedophilia, health clinic shootings / murder and mass shootings are worthy of the death penalty..Not because it serves as a deterrent--but because it guarantees the offender will NEVER get to repeat their crime..

Old 01-18-2017, 08:03 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I too support the death penalty. I refer to Romans 13:1-5 as an example.

Jesus acknowledged the reality of the death penalty when he said to Peter in front of the authorities, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword"

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-18-2017 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-18-2017, 12:41 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
There is one huge insurmountable issue with the death penalty.

Innocent people have been executed. Regardless of how the issues arise (prosecutor misconduct, new evidence, etc.), the sentence cannot be overturned on appeal.

Killing one innocent person to get society's revenge is too many.

Civilized societies do not execute people.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yes, excellent book, which should be REQUIRED reading in Public Schools, but you know that will never happen. The gears of the war machine must keep turning, afterall.
That, and it looks like the person nominated for Secretary of Education, a billionaire named Betsy DeVoss has wanted to dismantle public education for a long, long time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.319912bb36e2

Oddly enough, she is the sister of Erik Prince, founder of BlackWater. I have nothing good to say about mercenaries and privatization of our military. It's all about making money. Same thing goes for privatizing our schools. They have one mission -- to destroy "The Commons".
Blackwater Founder Forms Secret Army for UAE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity