Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:33 PM

6 posts, read 14,602 times

Advertisements

Jesus and God are the same....A very confusing concept to understand but it is what it is... Jesus says in the bible that He and the Father are one. If they were not the same He would have said they are two, but He said they are one. A pastor told me this once.... I am Brandy, but I am a mother, a wife, a sister, a woman. I am one person but I am all these in one. It is hard to grasp hold of this, to know that Jesus was fully man but He was God at the same time, but that is where faith comes in. And it is our faith that saves us.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 PM

208 posts, read 349,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous31wife View Post
Jesus and God are the same....A very confusing concept to understand but it is what it is... Jesus says in the bible that He and the Father are one. If they were not the same He would have said they are two, but He said they are one. A pastor told me this once.... I am Brandy, but I am a mother, a wife, a sister, a woman. I am one person but I am all these in one. It is hard to grasp hold of this, to know that Jesus was fully man but He was God at the same time, but that is where faith comes in. And it is our faith that saves us.

nothing confusing about it, God is not confusing.

I will ask you the same question, did Jesus have needs?

no dancing please yes or no?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
I repeat, (as I did, below, in two other threads started by this guy) it's no use! You'll just end up with a sore head from slapping it so much!

Dani Mae, there's no use, Hotep simply cannot understand figurative language, or allegory, or metephors, or rational thought, even, it seems. Just look back at all the rational responses made to his assertions and see how he clings to them even when he is clearly shown what a verse he has quoted (in the wrong way) means in context (like you were doing), he flat-out denies historical evidence pertaining to skin color changes of even non-black people during famine, he says ridiculous stuff like the above ("with white you only have one shade, white thats (sic) all"), can't understand ("now you want to be Indian, before you were irish, to different races") that I'm telling him that my ancestors were a mix of Irish, English, and Native American (and therefore, by the way, am a darker "shade" of white! Married to a really, really white-skinned man, and have two children who are each different shades of white!), and on and on and on. It's no use trying to have a logical discussion with him. He's read all this stuff on some black history revisionist website, and now he's like a programmed robot and can only repeat certain things...."That does not compute!". It's no use.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I repeat, (as I did, below, in two other threads started by this guy) it's no use! You'll just end up with a sore head from slapping it so much!

Dani Mae, there's no use, Hotep simply cannot understand figurative language, or allegory, or metephors, or rational thought, even, it seems. Just look back at all the rational responses made to his assertions and see how he clings to them even when he is clearly shown what a verse he has quoted (in the wrong way) means in context (like you were doing), he flat-out denies historical evidence pertaining to skin color changes of even non-black people during famine, he says ridiculous stuff like the above ("with white you only have one shade, white thats (sic) all"), can't understand ("now you want to be Indian, before you were irish, to different races") that I'm telling him that my ancestors were a mix of Irish, English, and Native American (and therefore, by the way, am a darker "shade" of white! Married to a really, really white-skinned man, and have two children who are each different shades of white!), and on and on and on. It's no use trying to have a logical discussion with him. He's read all this stuff on some black history revisionist website, and now he's like a programmed robot and can only repeat certain things...."That does not compute!". It's no use.

the question here is did Jesus have any needs?

yes or no?

either you know or dont

Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Jesus had a need, a desire to fill His Fathers needs/desire..
Just as we Christians have a need to fill each others needs.
The one word that fullfills all needs is LOVE.
Christ's need to fill His Fathers need was because of His love..for His Father, and for us.

JMHO

Old 09-09-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Jesus had a need, a desire to fill His Fathers needs/desire..
Just as we Christians have a need to fill each others needs.
The one word that fullfills all needs is LOVE.
Christ's need to fill His Fathers need was because of His love..for His Father, and for us.

JMHO

ok understood, now did God have any needs? like Jesus?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
ok understood, now did God have any needs? like Jesus?
I answered that in your other thread..Perhaps you just missed it

Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,754,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post

As I was looking back, I noticed my typo on "metaphors"....too late to edit. I actually do know how to spell.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:14 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,250 times
Default OHHHH, NOOOOO not again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
YES OR NO?

Did Jesus have needs?
NOT AGAIN !!!!! Come on Hotep... give us a BREAK!!!!!! Enough already!!!! (shisssh)

Last edited by eyewrist; 09-10-2009 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Don't feed the troll, folks....
LOL..Now I understand the true meaning of trolling...Thxs Hotep, you give meaning and definition to the word
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity