Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June has a chance of going to heaven!
100% vote #2...

Quote:
June might have to be snuck in?
I know the gatekeeper...He sneaks people past the christians all the time. They think they are alone in there.

Quote:
You always make June feel better, Betsey!

(Pssst: Betsey, June's goin' to heaven with ya! The OP said so!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Quote:
God doesn't like moderators? He has to work extra hard?

*eyes tearing up* So this, this means...June's not going after all?
I hope He likes C-D Forumers or we will be joining you June SOB SOB. J\K

Old 09-09-2009, 08:43 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th You always make June feel better, Betsey!
Betsey just has a way of doing that!!! It is her gift God has given her to share with all..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th
(Pssst: Betsey, June's goin' to heaven with ya! The OP said so!!!)
wOO hOO.....you go girl!!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:51 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
wOO hOO.....you go girl!!
But Latte, they told June she can't go!

--And June had been thinking about how she and Betsey could've been roommates up in heaven.

But now June can't go.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithi View Post
If we are lower then angels then why are we the ones with the free choice? I God afraid of shared power? I agree with the ability part but not the status part. I thing we have a translation issue.
Angels had free will. One third of the entire angelic race used their free will to rebell against God.

Man was created a little lower than the angels. Psalm 8:5; Heb. 2:7.

Angels are physically more powerful than we are and they are more intelligent. I was using the word status in that sense.

When we believe in Christ for salvation, we become positionally higher than angels.

If we grow to spiritual maturity during our life on earth we become experientually higher than angels.

When we are resurrected we will be ultimately higher than angels.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:01 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:

--And June had been thinking about how she and Betsey could've been roommates up in heaven.

But now June can't go.
Wait June stop crying. As long as you're on this side of dirt you can still make the right choice, it's only after you're six feet under that the decision is final. You and Betsy can still be roommates and I'll even cook you some barbecued coon

Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM

June: Too despondent to post.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Wait June stop crying. As long as you're on this side of dirt you can still make the right choice, it's only after you're six feet under that the decision is final. You and Betsy can still be roommates and I'll even cook you some barbecued coon
And I'll keep our hair BEAUTI-FUL!! I hear there is no humidity in heaven...
Quote:

But now June can't go.
Now listen June, they don't know what their talking about!!! .....so what they say is nada.......

Old 09-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well. let's see. My argument on the worth of Christ sacrifice is in terms of what others say concerning UR making it worthless. If that is where the argument rests then only 100% success truly makes it worthwhile.

But this is a different argument. The argument does not hinge on one or all being saved, it hinges on why Christ did it in the first place. What this "byproduct" imay be is a separate issue, whether "by product" is an accurate term or not doesn't change anything.

Jesus asked his Father that his cup be removed, I would figure it is safe to conclude that he was talking about his crucifixion, in any case, what this "CUP" was , Jesus prayed harder than many of us ever have to petition his father for his preference.

Yet, he submitted to the will of the Father whether or not his Fathers will was to remove the Cup..

So I agree that Jesus choice to submit to the will of the father was because of the Father and not you or me or all.
After reading this, you do not understand "the cup" in question. Jesus had no problem dying, even by crucifiction, for us. It was what His purpose was. It is how much He loves us. No greater Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity