Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,180,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are neglecting the fact that three days later his tomb was found empty. So that his body was literally raised. His corpse was literally raised and the stone that covered the tomb was moved. The Pharisees had to bribe the roman Guards to spread rumors that the disciples had stolen the body ... Remember? That is not simply a spiritual resurrection, that is a literal bodily resurrection.
Please provide one, just one, biblical passage where Jesus says we will be resurrected exactly like He was...I can assure you, there isn't one.

Jesus had to be visible for a reason...do you not understand that?

Why do we make scripture harder than it has to be by inferring all our carnal beliefs into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 04:14 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,397,835 times
ChristyGirl,

They can't without importing the flesh into this.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:26 PM

32,880 posts, read 26,096,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Ok I realize that you don't want to spend more time on this.. You have that right and I respect that. However, for those keeping up with this thread I will again show the problem with your time shift here.

vs 52 has the people being raised without a time shift... vs 53 repeats that people are raised and you say in a time shift.. yet these are one event right? so either the veil was torn and earthquakes happened with the raising or they didn't. The veil was torn when Jesus' spirit left him and his body was still on the cross. and the earthquakes and the people raised. There is no need to believe this didn't happen so why deny it and put a shift of time in there? Jesus was raised in spirit yet his body remained on the cross...

I don't understand the need in context for a time shift... and if what I am saying is true, how does that affect the rest of what you believe? You have already stated that Christ was raised spiritually yet now you want to insist that his body was resuscitated...
I don't get it.
Okay, I see where you are being confused about what I'm saying. Yes, the saints were raised at the moment that Christ died. I'm saying that verse 53 is saying that later on after His resurrection they entered into the holy city. Of course they were raised at the same time as the veil was torn. Those events happened at the moment Christ died. But after they were resuscitated and after the resurrection of Christ they then went into the city and appeared to many. And verse 53 is simply referring the reader ahead to that point before verse 54 takes the reader back to the moment right after Christs death on the cross.

And I did NOT say that the body of Christ was resucitated. The body of Christ was resurrected three days after His physical death. I explained the difference between resurrection and resuscitation.

And Jesus was physically resurrected; not spiritually. And the scripture proves it with this:

Luke 24:39, ''See my hands and my feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, FOR A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONES AS YOU SEE THAT I HAVE.

Then in verse 41 ''...Have you anythng here to eat?'' 42) And they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43) and He took it and ate it before them.

Jesus did this for the purpose of proving to the disciples that His resurrection was physical and not spiritual and the verse tells us that it is not spiritual. No room for interpretation. No room for twisting the verse. It flat out tells us that the resurrection of Christ is physical and not spiritual.

Only preterists can find some way to distort it from what it so plainly says.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-12-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 04:28 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,462,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
ChristyGirl,

They can't without importing the flesh into this.
Yes and flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. the corruptible must put on the incorruptible.

Jesus as God's son inherited the kingdom of God.. His body was raised being changed from corruptible to incorruptible. Which is probably why Thomas poking his wounds didn't make him cry out in pain...

Old 09-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Mike.....all the saints of the Old Testament souls were corruptible because they died an Adamic death...the died in Adam's/their sins.....and because of Christ, they were raised incorruptable. That is the message Paul was conveying, especially to Hymenaeus and Philetus.

Sheol was destroyed as was the temple.
Heaven was created and the church was made its temple.

Old heaven...old earth.
New Heaven and New Earth.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:43 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,462,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Okay, I see where you are being confused about what I'm saying. Yes, the saints were raised at the moment that Christ died. I'm saying that verse 53 is saying that later on after His resurrection they entered into the holy city. Of course they were raised at the same time as the veil was torn. Those events happened at the moment Christ died. But after they were resuscitated and after the resurrection of Christ they then went into the city and appeared to many. And verse 53 is simply referring the reader ahead to that point before verse 54 takes the reader back to the moment right after Christs death on the cross.
So you are saying that later that night these saints, after standing raised somewhere else, finally made it to the city to enter? Was it that they had trouble getting out of the graves or the graves were so far away that they had to walk for hours?

Quote:
And I did NOT say that the body of Christ was resucitated. The body of Christ was resurrected three days after His physical death. I explained the difference between resurrection and resuscitation.
and yet by your own definition Christ's body was resuscitated 3 days later not resurrected. Otherwise the saints would have also been resurrected not resuscitated. Unless you can resolve this conflict you have to have the time shift to back up your interpretation.

Quote:
And Jesus was physically resurrected; not spiritually. And the scripture proves it with this:

John 24:39, ''See my hands and my feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, FOR A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE FLESH AND BONES AS YOU SEE THAT I HAVE.

Then in verse 41 ''...Have you anythng here to eat?'' 42) And they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43) and He took it and ate it before them.
Yet flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom... the corruptible must put on the incorruptible... thus Jesus' raised body was not the corruptible one but the changed incorruptible one.

Quote:
Jesus did this for the purpose of proving to the disciples that His resurrection was physical and not spiritual and the verse tells us that it is not spiritual. No room for interpretation. No room for twisting the verse. It flat out tells us that the resurrection of Christ is physical and not spiritual.

Only preterists can find some way to distort it from what it so plainly says.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 PM

32,880 posts, read 26,096,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Please provide one, just one, biblical passage where Jesus says we will be resurrected exactly like He was...I can assure you, there isn't one.

Jesus had to be visible for a reason...do you not understand that?

Why do we make scripture harder than it has to be by inferring all our carnal beliefs into it.
[B]1 John 3:2 'Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him. because we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.[/b]

Our physically resurrected bodies will be exactly of the same nature as Christs physically resurrected body.

Luke 24: 39-43 Jesus proves to the disciples that His resurrection is physical and not spiritual. v 39 'for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Plase read Hosea 5 and 6..the scripture you present does not prove your case in any way...all it does is disporve it.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,908,908 times
Study the 10 virgins parable, as only the wise virgins will make up Jesus' Bride to be raptured; therefore, the bulk of Christians are going into the tribulation period. It's the power of the Holy Ghost working within that will change a person in the twinkling of an eye; but, a bulk of Christians have rejected the upper room experience.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Study the 10 virgins parable, as only the wise virgins will make up Jesus' Bride to be raptured; therefore, the bulk of Christians are going into the tribulation period. It's the power of the Holy Ghost working within that will change a person in the twinkling of an eye; but, a bulk of Christians have rejected the upper room experience.
A more futuristic babble I see.......you should really study the Bible more brother/sister in Christ...it would serve you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity