Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times

Advertisements

Just asking. What do you all think?

I believe it has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Just asking. What do you all think?

I believe it has.
I believe it has been for a while.. What are the implications of that though?
Is the spirit only partially poured out? Or do you include non-believers in the receivership of the spirit?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I believe it has been for a while.. What are the implications of that though?
Is the spirit only partially poured out? Or do you include non-believers in the receivership of the spirit?
I believe it has been poured out upon ALL mankind, but only a part. A "measure", so to speak.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
I believe it has been poured out upon ALL mankind, but only a part. A "measure", so to speak.
How do you explain non-believers being drawn to Him then, if not with the full measure given out?

Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
How do you explain non-believers being drawn to Him then, if not with the full measure given out?
That IS the measure. Remember the treasure in the field? He wasn't looking for it, he just found it. The treasure was there already.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
That IS the measure. Remember the treasure in the field? He wasn't looking for it, he just found it. The treasure was there already.
So what other measure isn't given out yet? What needs to be accomplished and to whom if the believer and unbeliever are given the Spirit already?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
So what other measure isn't given out yet? What needs to be accomplished and to whom if the believer and unbeliever are given the Spirit already?
There is not anything we are waiting for far as God's promise goes. He is waiting on us. It is finished. People just don't understand exactly "what" is finished.

BTW. Thank you for the polite conversation. Hopefully it stays this way, unless pcamps shows up.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:00 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
Trusting, being obedient and unity would be a start. When we have faith (trust), come together and love one another, which only be accomplished through obedience, then we will "do greater things than these" according to Yeshua teachings.

I do believe he has poured out his spirit but the Lord does have stipulations and that we must mature up before we can recieve our full measure of power and authority. Just like you have several children. you would not give the keys to the car to a 5 year old, 10 year old or a 15 year old but when he/she grows up to be a responsible person then you will turn the keys over to them. But again not without having lessons to learn first (if you know what I mean)

Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,512 times
Quote:
There is not anything we are waiting for far as God's promise goes. He is waiting on us. It is finished. People just don't understand exactly "what" is finished.

BTW. Thank you for the polite conversation. Hopefully it stays this way, unless pcamps shows up.
p like starting camp"fires"

Old 09-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:

I don't understand what you mean. I thought you said the full measure was not given out but you say that there isn't anything left as far as God's promise... so what exactly is finished and what is not..

NP about the conversation. I am here to learn not debate although I do debate in order to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity