U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
 
20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Reputation: 7436

Advertisements

If you a Preterist who is intellectually honest with yourself and are open to learning, then go to this website and study it. I posted this on another thread, but here I am posting for the benefit of those who hold a Preteristic view, that you might learn the fallacy of it.

The Rapture of the Church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times
Reputation: 420
...fallacy of? The Rapture? I think re-reading the Genesis story might acclimate you with "biological" death better, and help you understand the text concerning the eisegetical hermeneutics of the Rapture better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,397,085 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you a Preterist who is intellectually honest with yourself and are open to learning, then go to this website and study it. I posted this on another thread, but here I am posting for the benefit of those who hold a Preteristic view, that you might learn the fallacy of it.

The Rapture of the Church
Where do you think preterists came to their preterist view? By studying these commentaries that you have posted about the "rapture" and trying to prove them RIGHT according to scripture... but it is impossible.

This view still need to address this main point that is dismissed and reinterpreted by the dispensational school of thought:

How many "Generations" have gone by since:

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

His servants, soon, to his servant John (the author of Revelation).

Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne,

A specific group of people

Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

John took part in another tribulation? or was he truly being persecuted by his faith? fellow partaker in the kingdom? what kingdom?

Revelation 22:6 And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.

The author is a servant, the servants are addressed as the 7 churches in Asia and to whom the Revelation is given to and His angel showed servants something soon...

So how LONG does it take for you to wait, getting ready?

  1. if we use 40 years in a generation, the rapture has been delayed for about 50 generations.
  2. if we use: (from raptureready.com)
    How long is a generation and is this the final generation?
    "We are told, in Matthew, that there are 14 generations between Abraham and David, between David and captivity to Babylon, and between Babylon and Christ. This equals 42 generations between Abraham and Christ. It is suggested that there are about 2,160 years between Abraham and Christ. 2,160 divided by 42 equals 51.4 years per generation.
    Other speculations about the length of a generation include 70, 100 years or even 40 years because that is how long the Israelites wandered in the wilderness." the rapture has been delayed 39, 28, 20, and my #1 example of 50. (#'s are approximate)
  3. if we use: How Long Is a Generation?
    By Donn Devine, CG, CGI , Article from Ancestry.com

    We often reckon the passage of time by generations, but just how long is a generation?

    As a matter of common knowledge, we know that a generation averages about 25 years—from the birth of a parent to the birth of a child—although it varies case by case. We also generally accept that the length of a generation was closer to 20 years in earlier times when humans mated younger and life expectancies were shorter.
    Then the rapture has been delayed 75 generations!
That's a lot of soon generations!
Perhaps you can explain this more clearly before you move on to the specifics of events... soon to come.


BTW- this was originally posted by me in another thread but is entirely my own words, not copied from another source, from my own study of the scripture while trying to prove that the "rapture" is true. Obviously, I could not explain it away, perhaps someone else can make a sufficient argument where I could not.

Last edited by katjonjj; 09-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,122,352 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you a Preterist who is intellectually honest with yourself and are open to learning, then go to this website and study it. I posted this on another thread, but here I am posting for the benefit of those who hold a Preteristic view, that you might learn the fallacy of it.

The Rapture of the Church

You're just replaying the same old "Futurist" record...been there and done that. Prophecy was over and done with 2,000 years ago. There's NO Plan B and the Dispensationalists like to propound. God knew exactly what was going to happen 2,000 years ago...Jesus and His apostles weren't confused or mistaken about when He was returning.:smac k:

Like I said it the other Forum....quit listening to what others tell you and go study all the views with an open mind. Study their origin and beliefs and I know you will change your paradigm completely once you see the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,122,352 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
...fallacy of? The Rapture? I think re-reading the Genesis story might acclimate you with "biological" death better, and help you understand the text concerning the eisegetical hermeneutics of the Rapture better.
He way too busy waiting to whisked off to "Never Land" while all us heathen get to stay and be tormented in the "Tribulation" cause we don't believe like he does to actually study anything biblical with an open mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
 
20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Reputation: 7436
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
...fallacy of? The Rapture? I think re-reading the Genesis story might acclimate you with "biological" death better, and help you understand the text concerning the eisegetical hermeneutics of the Rapture better.
NO. Not the rapture. The fallacy of Preterism. I am presenting material that defends the rapture against those who attack it. That's the entire point of the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
NO. Not the rapture. The fallacy of Preterism. I am presenting material that defends the rapture against those who attack it. That's the entire point of the link.

There is nothing heretical or in "fallacy" about Preterism. Your futurism is going down like the titanic...and will dispappear forever in time. The rapture is a fairy tale based on disillusioned saints that couldn't rid themselves of their carnal flesh and have made the same mistake that the Jewish church did in the first century...they expect a fleshly king on earth. That King is already reigning, and has already come in the power and glory of the Kingdom...veiled in the clouds...just like He left the first time. Until you get a grip on that, you will forever be confused by the scripture in regards to the eschatological church.

Start here:

www.allthingsfulfilled.com

If you really want to know how a Full Preterist thinks, instead of reading all your favorite commentators comment and attempt with no foundation whatsoever, based on their disillusioned interpretations of Full Preterism.

I spent a considerable amount of time on your side, why not try our side, if you really want to understand it, without all the lack of hermeneutics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,825 posts, read 9,825,065 times
Reputation: 1302
If the truth be had.....both views are incorrect, (which seems that it never dawns on either side that that just might be a possibility)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,397,085 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
If the truth be had.....both views are incorrect, (which seems that it never dawns on either side that that just might be a possibility)
What is the other option? Past is wrong, Future is wrong... what's left?

You piqued my curiosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,397,085 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
There is nothing heretical or in "fallacy" about Preterism. Your futurism is going down like the titanic...and will dispappear forever in time. The rapture is a fairy tale based on disillusioned saints that couldn't rid themselves of their carnal flesh and have made the same mistake that the Jewish church did in the first century...they expect a fleshly king on earth. That King is already reigning, and has already come in the power and glory of the Kingdom...veiled in the clouds...just like He left the first time. Until you get a grip on that, you will forever be confused by the scripture in regards to the eschatological church.

Start here:

www.allthingsfulfilled.com

If you really want to know how a Full Preterist thinks, instead of reading all your favorite commentators comment and attempt with no foundation whatsoever, based on their disillusioned interpretations of Full Preterism.

I spent a considerable amount of time on your side, why not try our side, if you really want to understand it, without all the lack of hermeneutics.
Not only that but they (Judaism) are still waiting for the Messiah to come to return all to Israel and Rebuild the city and temple.

It's the simple view of futurism, only ignoring that he had come already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top