Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:55 PM

63,773 posts, read 40,030,593 times

Advertisements

Alan,
You epitomize the old saw . . . He talks the talk but couldn't walk the walk. You have memorized all the rules and preach them as if you would actually follow them . . . those of us with psychological training can see it for what it is . . . self-righteous pious posturing and BS. Give us a break . . . beastiality! Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Alan,
You epitomize the old saw . . . He talks the talk but couldn't walk the walk. You have memorized all the rules and preach them as if you would actually follow them . . . those of us with psychological training can see it for what it is . . . self-righteous pious posturing and BS. Give us a break . . . beastiality! Nonsense.
Is there some point you have a doubt over?
Something I have posted that you dont think is found in the bible?

if so then ask me to give you my thinking on that matter.

But if you do believe that all I have said is actually in-line with many Bible verses, then Im sorry but your problem is not with me at all....

it's with ....another.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Along with any male consciously choosing, or thinking that it's "okay" to...
Again,,,your whole point you are pushing is that you believe that there are some sins that you can not forgive.

I disagree with that.

You believe that God cant heal every type of hurt...
I disagree with that too.

Yes, I know there are always some people that when we see them hurt we pretend not to notice and try to slip by on the other side of the road.
But what I also know is that we are going to be judged by such actions.

That the standard we used to not forgive is the very same standard that we should ask God to judge us by.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:56 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,787,842 times
Sorry but this post just doesn't sound realistic to me.
A man who has actively engaged in beastiality doesn't just stop one day.
Beastiality? With what?

He was having sex with an ANIMAL, and then he just quit?

This doesn't sound like real life to me.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Is there some point you have a doubt over?
Something I have posted that you dont think is found in the bible?

if so then ask me to give you my thinking on that matter.

But if you do believe that all I have said is actually in-line with many Bible verses, then Im sorry but your problem is not with me at all....

it's with ....another.
What you are saying has nothing to do with the bible unless you can prove you are living by the same standard.Moderator cut: name calling

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-19-2009 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: be aware of personal insults

Old 09-19-2009, 05:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,021,754 times
Forgiveness is one thing but subjecting yourself to abuse or an unloving relationship is another. We can forgive but we also have to walk away from situations that are detrimental to our own soul. By all means forgive that husband. Then walk away and start a new life living in love.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Again,,,your whole point you are pushing is that you believe that there are some sins that you can not forgive.

I disagree with that.

You believe that God cant heal every type of hurt...
I disagree with that too.

Yes, I know there are always some people that when we see them hurt we pretend not to notice and try to slip by on the other side of the road.
But what I also know is that we are going to be judged by such actions.

That the standard we used to not forgive is the very same standard that we should ask God to judge us by.
How wonderful we really think we are when we are quoting scriptures, we think we have spoken by the spirit just because we have found a corresponding word(usually out of context) to the situation we are quoting the scripture at.

Yet we have no idea what damage and destruction can be done by being carnal minded in our use of the scriptures.

It seems we have as much sensitivity towards the lives of those who are going through the cares and woes of life as an Elephant trying to tip toe through a bed of tulips with bovver boots on(boots English skinheads use to kick people in the head with)
http://www.cloggs.co.uk/content/ebiz/cloggs/invt/1422/dm1490_chry_l_01.jpg (broken link)

Infact the pharisees were adorned with scriptures ,never understanding it was what was coming out of them what mattered , and not having the good old KJV memorized back to front.Yes they were fully paid up members of the bible bashing appreciation society.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-19-2009 at 06:32 AM..

Old 09-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What you are saying has nothing to do with the bible ...
Are you really asking me about the concept of being forgiven "as we forgive others who trespass against us"?

Are you actually going to question if that idea is from the Bible?

I mean, sure go ahead and ask me to back that idea up as being from the Bible...I dare you...LOL

Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Are you really asking me about the concept of being forgiven "as we forgive others who trespass against us"?

Are you actually going to question if that idea is from the Bible?

I mean, sure go ahead and ask me to back that idea up as being from the Bible...I dare you...LOL
If you are saying to her she should stay in the marriage regardless of what her husband as done , even if she as forgiven her husband, i am saying you do not know what you are talking about.
Couldn't careless if you are a bible believing christian or not, this means absolutely nothing to me , if you cannot speak as one who feels how she feels and comfort with the same comfort God as shown you and stood in her shoes , your comments mean nothing.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you are saying to her she should.. .
No, Im asking you if you have even the slightest doubt at all, that My statement that we should seek to be forgiven in the same manner as we forgive others by, is found in the bible?

Do you doubt that I can support the idea that we are to be judged by God with the same standard that we use to judge others here by?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity