Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:39 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

The Scripture is life, Jesus is life, Jesus is the word.
very true.

many people try to twist in the idea that there is the Bible on the one hand, and real life on the other hand.
But that is not how a Christian should look at this situation at all.

The best and the only true way to view this is that Jesus is the life.
His words are life.

There are no words of advice that can stand as being equal to the words of Jesus.

and on the topic of a Christian seeking a divorce we have a good selection of words from the very lips of God himself to use as our only source of guidance.

any who try to say that the words of Jesus don't matter, are in error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Brokenheartedintn,
I think you should rely on what the Holy Spirit within you may be putting in your heart..Many times the advice of others is clouded/distorted with personal experiences, education, legalisms and the doctrines of religion they are connected to.
Jesus promised that when he was no longer among us and visible to us that He would never leave us, because He would send the Holy Spirit to dwell in our hearts to teach, comfort, guide us in everything.
He is real, He is here, within you..He is patient, kind and loving and may have already put it in your heart what is best or you and your children...
Seek His wisdom, not that of man..

Old 09-19-2009, 09:04 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Brokenheartedintn,
I think you should rely on what the Holy Spirit within you may be putting in your heart..Many times the advice of others is clouded/distorted with personal experiences, education, legalisms and the doctrines of religion they are connected to.
Jesus promised that when he was no longer among us and visible to us that He would never leave us, because He would send the Holy Spirit to dwell in our hearts to teach, comfort, guide us in everything.
He is real, He is here, within you..He is patient, kind and loving and may have already put it in your heart what is best or you and your children...
Seek His wisdom, not that of man..
Amen....the Holy Spirit will do all that Miss Blue has posted!! And yes, humans will bring confusion. Trust the Lord with all you heart!!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:41 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenheartintn View Post
Yes and that is honestly the hardest thing for me to get past no matter how good he treats me now and no matter how good he is as a father.

I have tried, God knows I have tried and relied on Him totally over the years.

Without knowing all the sensitive details and only knowing of the affair with a woman many believers I know would say I am looking at this wrong and I have to forgive him its my duty as a christian and with that true forgiveness means we stay together..

My question is...can one forgive but then choose to move on due to the consequences of the sin and what all it has effected??

Am I wrong for having attempted to work through this and now 5 years later coming to the realization that its not going to work, want to separate/divorce?? I stayed in this for my kids but I am miserable, he does not have a wife that looks up to, adores and loves him like she should and my kids sense and know there is something wrong....

I know God is all powerful and can restore and heal..... however, there are things this has effected and strike at the core of a marriage, I just don't know it can ever be repaired at this point... I wish I would have left when he first confessed then I wouldn't have to deal with looking like the unforgiving bitter wife that doesn't care about her kids future and wellbeing...
Dear brokenheart,
I have read and re-read just your posts over and over, and I've tried to place myself in your place...and it just tears me up inside....my heart just goes out to you. I can not even imagine the trauma you must be going through...the shear pain of not knowing anything for sure...nothing is sure for you...nothing certain...nothing solid to hold on to, to even begin to try and grasp even a strand of light from something so dark.........wow........what would I do if I were you is what I keep asking myself...and I am a Christian who loves the Lord with all of her heart, and I believe in forgiveness of even the most loathsome individual...and this you must do...forgive him in your heart to a point where you have that peace within that passes all understanding...which may take a long, long time. In other words, Scripture tells us to forgive the even the worst because this is the love OF God, in other words, God loves your husband, He doesn't love his actions. You must understand that nothing can separate us from the love that God has for each of us, no matter what we may do, because He knows it isn't who we really are. It's a spirit that has taken over your husbands mind and heart. Realizing this yourself will help you in finding forgiveness toward your husband, and you must forgive him if you ever expect to be able to heal within yourself so that you can continue forward in your life and be a wonderful mother to your precious children for the remainder of their lives, which is so critical for you to be able to do. This is going to take great strength and resolve within you brokenheart, but you must forgive him, so that you are able to move forward with your children and give them a chance at obtaining a life full of precious, wonderful memories to cherish as they become adults themselves.
Now...we've come to a place where it is no longer about you, or your husband...it is now about your children...they deserve a life without a mother who is torn slap apart in her emotions. You have to bring them some sort of stability for them to grow properly, and remaining with a husband who has sex with animals, cheats on you in an adulterous affair with other women, and God knows what else, is, robbing first - YOU - and second - YOUR CHILDREN of a life full of wonder and love and happiness...this would be the ultimate sin!

Leave him. Leave him. Leave him. Not just a separation, but a total divorce...walk away without any sense of guilt whatsoever...wrap your hands around those tiny little hands and lead them into the sunset, hold them through the night and watch the sun come up to a new day and begin a new life with them and show them what love is...and let this new day be a beginning.
Live for God brokenheart...show your children by example how precious life is and how important it is to know their Creator - God, and their Savior - Jesus and how valuable and precious they (your children) are.

Don't look back...never look back...and allow the Love of God through His Holy Spirit and the precious blood of Jesus heal your brokenheart and heal your woundedness...this is all to draw you closer to God...this is what He wants from you, to draw closer to Him...I can see him now, with His arms open wide to receive you and your children...run to Him and never look back...He'll heal you, bind up your brokenness, and set you on a path of righteousnesss................above all know this........He's already forgiven you...and nothing can separate you from His love for you...NOTHING...He will always love you...always.

In His everlasting, abiding love,
Verna.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Again you are reading into my posts what you want to, first of all i was addressing Alanmostad and secondly i was saying you have no right to just quote scripture thinking you are being the voice of God.

Are you obsessed with accusing everyone who disagrees with you as being judgemental ,and for your information, my wife cheated on me twice, so i have been there and done that and that is why i am not trying to corner brokenheartedinth with bible verses, if i can't say anything in the spirit i would rather keep my mouth shut. .

How is the scripture life when Jesus said search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life , but they are they wich testify of me ?
I call it for what it is ....pcamps!
How do you not know that Alan's wife hasn't cheated on him? You don't!
Not everyone, especially men are as open about their life.
And yes, he does as being a man of God whom God has appointed to speak the truth of God's word. And encourage one in seeking and trusting God's word above ourselves and all else.

Why didn't you......instead of pointing a finger at everyone else?
Quote:
Don't you think sharing your testimony of how God brought you through that difficult time through His grace and comfort and forgiveness, would be more effective in ministering to her situation than just listing and quoting bible verses.
And now, I was just going by what you typed and you did not imply Alan in your quote....I believe the words you used were those, spouses, them and again them.

Quote:
It is so easy for those whose spouses have never cheated on them to say i would forgive them and try and work it out .
Another clue.....
Quote:
Are you obsessed with accusing everyone who disagrees with you as being judgemental

A believer in Christ will always direct, encourage, pray with one in seeking the Lord for answers to any dilemma in their lives. Because it is the word of God that will bring forgiveness and healing in ones life. Not the worlds point of view.

So I am saying to the OP, trust God, pray for someone to come along side of you to pray, counsel with you or just let you talk. It is a very difficult situation to overcome and you need support by God's person you know without a shadow of doubt they are of God and can trust.

Blessings and will be praying for you.....

Old 09-19-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
And yes, he does as being a man of God whom God has appointed to speak the truth of God's word. And encourage one in seeking and trusting God's word above ourselves and all else.
The way we who claim the name of "christian" should see things is like this:

The Right way;
We should use the Bible to help us understand and interpret our lives so that they are always sinless and without the spot of blame.

The Wrong way; is to use our own personal history and feelings to interpret the bible and call the result, "God's view"

Old 09-19-2009, 09:51 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Its not me you have a hard time believing....

Arrogance. June is an atheist remember.....so it is indeed you that she has a hard time believing.

Just like in another thread you make it obvious that you do not care about abused women. This is a terrible mental abuse for a woman to go through.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The way we who claim the name of "christian" should see things is like this:

The Right way;
We should use the Bible to help us understand and interpret our lives so that they are always sinless and without the spot of blame.

The Wrong way; is to use our own personal history and feelings to interpret the bible and call the result, "God's view"
Amen......

Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Arrogance. June is an atheist remember.....
Dont care....

Her faith is a moot point.

But what I have posted is the truth.

Because?
If I correctly quote the Text,
if I correctly post my answers basically word-for-word out of the Bible, then if you disagree you are not disagreeing with me at all...you disagree with God.

I did not come up with my views.
My views are not based on my way of thinking, nor on my personal history, nor on my feelings.
My views are just quoted word for word from what God has give us in His holy Word.

I didnt write the Bible.
I just believe it.....thats all.

So Im sorry June (or whomever), if you disagree your disagreement is not with me, it's with another.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
First of all Latte Chic please post an example of me pointing the finger .

And the post you decided to rip me on where i said to brokenheartedintn this

"Brokenheartedintn i trust and know the Lord will make clear to you what to do .

It is so easy for those whose spouses have never cheated on them to say i would forgive them and try and work it out .

Yet we think we are so spiritual because we know how to quote scripture.

What did you do ? rather than agreeing with what i said which by the way was no different to what Miss Blue said(just fewer words) and to which you gave her an Amen, you decided to rip into me because i said it's easy for those who have not had their spouses cheat on them to comment, which happens to be the truth whether you like that comment or not.

You said in another post to me that i disagree with you solely because it's you who is saying it.

That came out of your own heart and that is how you are with my posts.

The proof is there is no difference to what Miss Blue and I said to brokenheartinth but you ripped into me and approved Miss Blue's post,even though we are saying the same thing.

Your attacks on me are starting to get personal , solely on the basis i disagree with you and reject organized mainstream christianity.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-19-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity