U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 AM

2,976 posts, read 1,532,866 times
Default Regarding "listening to the lie of satan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
People choose and like to listen to the lies of Satan and remain in their sin!!
IMHO there is no greater lie, and no greater sin, than to blaspheme God's character by believing that He is going to sustain anyone alive in an inescapable state of suffering forever.
The Law of Circularity: Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever? How Men Are Saved

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-15-2009 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,170,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
IMHO there is no greater lie, and no greater sin, than to blaspheme God's character by believing that He is going to sustain anyone alive in an inescapable state of suffering forever.
You see.....that's just it, it's YOUR opinion, Rodger, not God's truth! So keep telling yourself all about it.... YOU are choosing to believe it....!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 AM

Default Regarding human opinions

Quote:
That's just it, it's YOUR opinion, Rodger, not God's truth! So keep telling yourself all about it.... YOU are choosing to believe it....!
The KJV version is made up of human opinions too.
I could post a document containg several dozen links proving the KJV and similar versions are wrong. But I have been told that only two links are allowed per post.

So here are two links, in case anyone is interested.

No two words in the history of man have been so torturing as aion and aionion. No two words in the history of man, mishandled by man, have contributed more to the physical, emotional and spiritual harm of so many, than these. You may think I must be exaggerating. But I am not. It is the mistranslation of these two words that has foisted the false and destructive doctrine of eternal torment upon the church and the world.

Mistranslation of the Greek words "aion" and “aionion” is a master stroke of diabolical genius. No other words erroneously translated, could more effectively pervert man’s image of God and cause such widespread confusion. The following work by Joseph E. Kirk is offered in the hope that the serious seeker after scriptural truth will be aided in their quest.

CHART OF GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

also see
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
An Analytical Study of Words
(especially note the quotes by the many Greek scholars in chapter three and twelve)

AND YES, I AM CHOOSING TO BELIEVE IT

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-15-2009 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,170,897 times
Quote:
The KJV version is made up of human opinions too.
I could post a document containg several dozen links proving the KJV and similar versions are wrong. But I have been told that only two links are allowed per post.

So here are two links, in case anyone is interested.

No two words in the history of man have been so torturing as aion and aionion. No two words in the history of man, mishandled by man, have contributed more to the physical, emotional and spiritual harm of so many, than these. You may think I must be exaggerating. But I am not. It is the mistranslation of these two words that has foisted the false and destructive doctrine of eternal torment upon the church and the world.

Mistranslation of the Greek words "aion" and “aionion” is a master stroke of diabolical genius. No other words erroneously translated, could more effectively pervert man’s image of God and cause such widespread confusion. The following work by Joseph E. Kirk is offered in the hope that the serious seeker after scriptural truth will be aided in their quest.

AND YES, I AM CHOOSING TO BELIEVE IT
Well that is you choice, Rodger.....now isn't that funny your making a conscious choice, to believe in something?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 AM

87 posts, read 77,505 times
Quote:
You forgot the mistranslation of all these: sheol, gehenna, hades, tartarus
To this: Hell

Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,364,909 times
Quote:
Well that is you choice, Rodger.....now isn't that funny your making a conscious choice, to believe in something?

Yes of course, God never gives up to that end.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Default Making a conscious choice

Quote:
Of course I'm making a conscious choice.

So what's your point?

We all make a "conscious choice" based on the evidence that is available for us to examine.

And the evidence that I have examined about what a correctly (literally, not interpretively) transated Bible teaches is contained in the those two links.

CHART OF GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

also see
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
An Analytical Study of Words
(especially note the quotes by the many Greek scholars in chapter three and twelve)

AND YES, IT IS MY CONSCIOUS CHOICE TO BELIEVE IT

Last edited by rodgertutt; 09-15-2009 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM

Default Other mistranslations too

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue_summer View Post
You forgot the mistranslation of all these: sheol, gehenna, hades, tartarus
To this: Hell
Good point virtue
The Bible Hell
and
Jesus' Teaching on Hell

Old 09-15-2009, 11:58 AM

6,242 posts, read 4,852,146 times
Quote:
That is exactly what we URs believe too!
What I was trying to convey, Rodger, and not just to you but to everyone who suffers from the same condition, was that had you possessed this unwavering trust in God's perfect justice you could have saved yourself the breakdown.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 PM

6,242 posts, read 4,852,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
As long as it's not you going to eternal hell.
No one has to go to eternal hell, Phaze. Not even you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity