Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,080 times

Advertisements

Halloween --- how does it honor God? it doesn't.

See halloween
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:13 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Why can't he ask what he wants to ask? Why can't he comment on how he feels????????
Thanks lifesigns. I'm not sure what it is but zonababe doesn't like what I have to say and takes every opportunity to bash me. He may not see it that way, but I don't bother reading any of his posts because most are spiteful.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
It doesn't honor God:

Halloween—October 31—is considered a holiday in the United States. In fact, it rivals Christmas with regard to how widely celebrated it is. Stores that sell only Halloween-related paraphernalia open up a few months before the day and close shortly after it ends. But is Halloween a holiday that Christians should be observing?

The word "holiday" means "holy day." But there is nothing holy about Halloween. The root word of Halloween is "hallow," which means "holy, consecrated and set apart for service." If this holiday is hallowed, whose service is it set apart for? The answer to that question is very easy—Lucifer's!

Lucifer is a part if the demonic godhead. Remember, everything God has, the devil has a counterfeit. Halloween is a counterfeit holy day that is dedicated to celebrating the demonic trinity of : the Luciferian Spirit (the false father); the Antichrist Spirit (the false holy spirit); and the Spirit of Belial (the false son).

The key word in discussing Halloween is "dedicated." It is dedicated to darkness and is an accursed season. During Halloween, time-released curses are always loosed. A time-released curse is a period that has been set aside to release demonic activity and to ensnare souls in great measure.

You may ask, "Doesn't God have more power than the devil?" Yes, but He has given that power to us. If we do not walk in it, we will become the devil's prey. Witchcraft works through dirty hearts and wrong spirits.

During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.

I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.

Even the colors of Halloween (orange, brown and dark red) are dedicated. These colors are connected to the fall equinox, which is around the 20th or 21st of September each year and is sometimes called "Mabon." During this season witches are celebrating the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. They give praise to the gods for the demonic harvest. They pray to the gods of the elements (air, fire, water and earth).

Someone sent this to my email.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 AM

It doesn't. Don't bother with it and don't be ashamed to hate with all your passion--God does.

Awesome article here

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
As I was driving to my regular coffeeshop I passed a house that had a huge blow-up yard decoration. It was this hideous ghoul with the most awful looking face. And people get upset over a a sweet scene like the baby Jesus on someone's lawn...but the hideous ghouls are okay?!

Last night I had a heck of a time getting my son to sleep. In school they're handwriting assignments are about vampire bats and all other bat stuff. Sure it is educational, but we're gonna have to see if he can get an alternative assignment...unless of course the teachers would like to come help us get him to sleep. Fortunately he has an amazing teacher who is very kind, sweet and understanding so I don't think there will be any problem.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
It doesn't. Don't bother with it and don't be ashamed to hate with all your passion--God does.

Awesome article here
If by awesome you mean blatantly inaccurate then I totally agree:

"It's derived from the rights of the druids celebrating the day of "Saman"--the lord of death. No one is fooled by this name call him what you want it is still satan, hiding behind the cloak of someone else trying to pretend he does not exist. During this time the idea was that saman called together the souls of the wicked who had died during the past year. Thus the costume to represent those wicked souls that went on the hunt during that night."

Totally False.

wait.. I hear something

~winds blow.. horse screeches in background~

mwhaaaaaaa haaaa haaaaa!!!!!! ~cough cough~

Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
If by awesome you mean blatantly inaccurate then I totally agree:

"It's derived from the rights of the druids celebrating the day of "Saman"--the lord of death. No one is fooled by this name call him what you want it is still satan, hiding behind the cloak of someone else trying to pretend he does not exist. During this time the idea was that saman called together the souls of the wicked who had died during the past year. Thus the costume to represent those wicked souls that went on the hunt during that night."

Totally False.
No, it's not false. In fact, the History Channel just had the background on Halloween last night and in a sense the above statement was confirmed.

Quote:
wait.. I hear something

~winds blow.. horse screeches in background~

mwhaaaaaaa haaaa haaaaa!!!!!! ~cough cough~
What is this? Sounds like total nonsense?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM

224 posts, read 689,445 times
Default lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
If Christians dress up, let them dress up as Disciples or Wise Men or something that is decent from the Bible.

how funny is that!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Demons BE GONE!!!!!
she is not evil or deminic, she is just cute in her lil mermaid costume.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
How does stringing lights on your house and a tree honor God? How does eating pumpkin pie honor God? Plenty of things we do are just for fun and have nothing to do with God or religion.

We celebrate big here in Denver. Last year we turned the lights off after handing out 400 pieces of candy! Our neighborhood pumpkin carving party in the park is this weekend when we carve jack-o-lanterns, drink cider and bring cookies, treats, etc. It's a social gathering, not devil worship! Kids love it and look forward to wearing costumes. I loved it as a kid, and never associated it with anything satanic.

i wanted to give you kudos for this but the forum won't let me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity