Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 08:22 PM

380 posts, read 691,762 times

Advertisements

The defensive reaction to my post merely confirms and extenuates my beliefs. True Christians are exemplary representatives of Christ and agents of the Kingdom of God, although we're not sin-free/perfect. One only has to watch television to witness the "anything goes/down for whateva" world in which we live. It's clear. Unsaved people never cease to amaze me by ALWAYS stating and representing that they're the "good people", and Christians are the "bad people". Such words never fail. There are nice/good people that are not Christians/unsaved, just as there are horrible people who represent themselves as Christians. I've never posted anything to suggest unsaved people can't be nice, warm or giving to others. Christians don't have the monopoly on "goodness". However, we part ways w/ unsaved people's lack of belief in God.Finally, I'm not repressing or harboring wild and untamed feelings by expressing my opinion. BTW: It remains the same: Many people would rather not believe in God, since the Christian lifestyle requires lifetime commitment, sincere dedication, pure devotion, undying and unconditional love for God and unwavering discipline. Many people just can't or refuse to grasp such concepts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
YOU CAN'T defend god in the mentioned situations. IF you COULD you would! But you can't and you know it!
It is irrelevant what I can or cannot do from your perspective, I have not challenged your point of view. If you agree with Jason, then you must make your position valid before your argument has any merit. I pointed out in my post how his position is flawed. Your argument here is meaningless.

If you believe I am self deluded then you must prove that your not in order to set the standard to compare me to. So far your just blowing hot air and making emotional accusations. Meaningless.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
The defensive reaction to my post merely confirms and extenuates my beliefs. True Christians are exemplary representatives of Christ and agents of the Kingdom of God, although we're not sin-free/perfect. One only has to watch television to witness the "anything goes/down for whateva" world in which we live. It's clear. Unsaved people never cease to amaze me by ALWAYS stating and representing that they're the "good people", and Christians are the "bad people". Such words never fail. There are nice/good people that are not Christians/unsaved, just as there are horrible people who represent themselves as Christians. I've never posted anything to suggest unsaved people can't be nice, warm or giving to others. Christians don't have the monopoly on "goodness". However, we part ways w/ unsaved people's lack of belief in God.Finally, I'm not repressing or harboring wild and untamed feelings by expressing my opinion. BTW: It remains the same: Many people would rather not believe in God, since the Christian lifestyle requires lifetime commitment, sincere dedication, pure devotion, undying and unconditional love for God and unwavering discipline. Many people just can't or refuse to grasp such concepts.

I am speaking from my own personal experience. I never said ALL Christians were the bad ones. I just knew a whole lot that were very "sinful"....

Okay, I can tell you with confidence that your quote "Many people would rather not believe in God, since the Christian lifestyle requires lifetime commitment, sincere dedication, pure devotion, undying and uncondtional love for God and unwavering discipline" is wrong. Nobody sits there and says "Oh I decided that I no longer believe in god because I wanna be a sinner!" We just can't bring ourselves to believe all of the contradictions and ridiculous stories are true. Not to mention some us of were in church and had our own experiences that pushed us to side of non believer.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Sorry if God's Word is not good enough for you.
It isn't, but the question was asked why we DON'T believe it so some of us have obliged the author of this thread. I'm glad he did because this thread has brought out what some of us already knew. There are [SOME] Christians who IGNORANTLY and/or WILLFULLY believe ALL unbelievers reject their holy book and god because we just want to be rebellious to absolute truth, a good and perfect deity we are TOLD created us all and a book with more conflicting contents than a Nation of Islam newspaper.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
It is irrelevant what I can or cannot do from your perspective, I have not challenged your point of view. If you agree with Jason, then you must make your position valid before your argument has any merit. I pointed out in my post how his position is flawed. Your argument here is meaningless.

If you believe I am self deluded then you must prove that your not in order to set the standard to compare me to. So far your just blowing hot air and making emotional accusations. Meaningless.

Oh I pretty much totally agree with Jason. But I wouldn't say you are self deluded. I was there once and dug my way out of the muck and mire of trying to be a Christian.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
Quote:
I am speaking from my own personal experience. I never said ALL Christians were the bad ones. I just knew a whole lot that were very "sinful"....

Okay, I can tell you with confidence that your quote "Many people would rather not believe in God, since the Christian lifestyle requires lifetime commitment, sincere dedication, pure devotion, undying and uncondtional love for God and unwavering discipline" is wrong. Nobody sits there and says "Oh I decided that I no longer believe in god because I wanna be a sinner!" We just can't bring ourselves to believe all of the contradictions and ridiculous stories are true. Not to mention some us of were in church and had our own experiences that pushed us to side of non believer.
Dani, it is nice to see you find the courage to first, start thinking critically and secondly, coming to grips with reality. Excellent point you made here.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:
Oh I pretty much totally agree with Jason. But I wouldn't say you are self deluded. I was there once and dug my way out of the muck and mire of trying to be a Christian.
There is all kinds of muck and mire to dig out of and you do not have to be a Christian to be in some.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:44 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
This reminded me of one of my favorite verses Psalm 40:2 "He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along".

Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Dani, it is nice to see you find the courage to first, start thinking critically and secondly, coming to grips with reality. Excellent point you made here.

Hey thanks Insane! I have a hard time putting my thoughts to text at times. But it is getting easier.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:51 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
BTW: It remains the same: Many people would rather not believe in God, since the Christian lifestyle requires lifetime commitment, sincere dedication, pure devotion, undying and unconditional love for God and unwavering discipline. Many people just can't or refuse to grasp such concepts.
If that's the case, then I've never known a real Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity