Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:18 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I don't know where you are going with the first verse and how it relates to what we are discussing?

The second verse is false logic on your part based on the rest of scripture for those who have a futurist system of belief...
Isn't it obvious, it speaks of a third heaven? false logic? I don't think so. This is not my interpretation but universally interpreted in the evangelical sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:41 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Isn't it obvious, it speaks of a third heaven? false logic? I don't think so. This is not my interpretation but universally interpreted in the evangelical sector.
Yeah...I get that but what does that have to do with people dying and going to heaven? And you didn't address any of my other comments.

The verses above don't say the person stayed in heaven...they went their for learning things...not that they died and stayed there.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah...I get that but what does that have to do with people dying and going to heaven? And you didn't address any of my other comments.

The verses above don't say the person stayed in heaven...they went their for learning things...not that they died and stayed there.
and doesn't say, they smoked pot either just what is your point? I gave you the verses you don't agree with them only proving we are not of the same accord.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 AM

159 posts, read 230,668 times
The three heavens are the sky (Gen 1:1,6 and 20) which is shown with the birds flying in it. The second is up in space with the sun and stars (Rev. 19:17 and Genesis 22:17). Which leaves the third heaven as God's heaven and abode.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
and doesn't say, they smoked pot either just what is your point? I gave you the verses you don't agree with them only proving we are not of the same accord.

Hmmm...seems to me like you are trying to sidestep here...I wonder why?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Same reason for the argument that others hold this view so it must be true.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Honestly because we have nothing in common. I have interpretation, you have different ones and then we can't even see eye to eye on the gospel and you claim that you and I are brothers and sisters in Christ. Come on. Let's be honest here.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Honestly because we have nothing in common. I have interpretation, you have different ones and then we can't even see eye to eye on the gospel and you claim that you and I are brothers and sisters in Christ. Come on. Let's be honest here.
You made a statement...David went to heaven eventually.

I asked...When did David go to heaven?

You did not answer that question.

Give me an answer that can be found from scripture...what you posted was not an answer and I explained by your futurist belief why is was not an answer by scripture.

So, I'm going to ask it again...When did David go to heaven?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Job 21:32
Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Psalm 6:5
For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecc 9:10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Isa 38:18
For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

You see, here are four verses that say we have no thought or hope or celebration or remembrance or work or device or knowledge or wisdom when we are in the grave. Yet you'll take two verses, one completely out of context, and say that is your evidence of people going to heaven when they die. There is no harmony of scripture according to your teaching. If we go to heaven when we die what is the point of the resurrection? To be present with the lord means at the resurrection. Absent from the body there is no consciousness, that is why the dead are said to sleep throughout the bible. But at the resurrection the dead shall awaken and rise from the grave.

This is just more example of how orthodox and christian fundamentalists completely twist scripture to their own agenda. Your "appeal to authority" logic is fallacious as is the logic of the authority you appeal to.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Job 21:32
Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Psalm 6:5
For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecc 9:10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Isa 38:18
For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.

You see, here are four verses that say we have no thought or hope or celebration or remembrance or work or device or knowledge or wisdom when we are in the grave. Yet you'll take two verses, one completely out of context, and say that is your evidence of people going to heaven when they die. There is no harmony of scripture according to your teaching. If we go to heaven when we die what is the point of the resurrection? To be present with the lord means at the resurrection. Absent from the body there is no consciousness, that is why the dead are said to sleep throughout the bible. But at the resurrection the dead shall awaken and rise from the grave.

This is just more example of how orthodox and christian fundamentalists completely twist scripture to their own agenda. Your "appeal to authority" logic is fallacious as is the logic of the authority you appeal to.
Exactly...you can't claim the benefits of a Preterist belief, going to heaven when you die, while claiming to be a Futurist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity