Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,066,646 times

Advertisements

Was watching Maddow last night (during my nightly switch between Maddow and America's taint.. Sean Hannity) and caught this gem..

YouTube - Frank Schaeffer on Rachel Maddow

I, of course, could not agree more with the guest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,559,897 times
MSNBC liberal trite. True Christians don't believe Obama is THE anti-christ, now could Obama be AN anti-christ? maybe it is very possible and biblical.

Seriously Bigthirst you would use a horrible secularist, discredited floundering "news" media which primary focus is to spead their ideolgy and hatred for Christianity not the real news to attack your fellow Christian brothers and sisters?

Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
MSNBC liberal trite.
Didn't realize Frank Shaeffer worked for MSNBC..

oh.. he doesn't.

Quote:
True Christians don't believe Obama is THE anti-christ, now could Obama be AN anti-christ? maybe it is very possible.
I like how within two sentences you contradict yourself.. and thus lend credibility to the video.

Quote:
Seriously Bigthirst you would use a horrible, discredited floundering "news" media which primary focus is to spead their ideolgy not the real news to attack your fellow Christian brothers and sisters?
Please state your "discredited" Maddow facts. State here where she has been wrong in her statements.

Ultimately this isn't about Maddow or attacking my fellow Christian brothers and sisters.. The guest called it like I've been seeing it.. they are a subculture of hate and anti-intelligence. Those people that for some reason.. in the back of their little heads smiled when the abortion doctor was gunned down.. or those people that think or propagated the idea Obama is the anti-christ (or could be the anti-christ) or those people that seek to retard thought and reasoning in public school with their creation trite (see.. I used your word there).. those people are not my brothers and sisters and I feel more than qualified to attack them as such. They embarrass me as a Christian..

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Fundy I also like the fact that I posted the video at 9:17

The video is 6 minutes and 20 seconds long..

You posted your response at 9:22

My handy dandy calculator says that 9:17 + 6 minutes (rounding) = 9:23

I can conclude the following:

1. You definitely did NOT watch the whole video
2. You barely watched over half the video (unless you literally started watching as soon as I clicked the "submit" button..)

My educated guess is you probably watched about 2 1/2 minutes of the video before posting your rant.

Trite indeed fundy.. trite indeed..

Old 09-17-2009, 08:55 AM

Your kidding....it's an MSNBC video you are showing?

You really don't know the bible do you? That AN anti christ is not THE anti-Christ

At one time people thought Oprah was AN ant-christ, there have been many anti-christ and there still many in the world today

Read your bible. It called "spirit of anti-christ"

Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,533,650 times
Don't know what part of evangelical Christianity Mr. Schaeffer grew up in, but I was also a child in an evangelical church when Kennedy was assassinated. I never heard anything like he describes. Yet he makes it sound like it was the entire evangelical culture. It wasn't. I doubt he can honestly speak for more than his own church.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Your kidding....it's an MSNBC video you are showing?
Right.. and as I said earlier Fundy..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I, of course, could not agree more with the guest.
Guest Definition | Definition of Guest at Dictionary.com

See definition 4.. Let me know if it makes sense.

Quote:
You really don't know the bible do you?
no no.. I've read John..

Quote:
That AN anti christ is not THE anti-Christ. At one time people thought Oprah was AN ant-christ, there have been many anti-christ and there still many in the world today
the point being that many many many people are not as "up to date" with what they believe.. and many many many many people believe there is one anti-christ.. and many many many people actually believe that Obama is THE anti-christ.

Furthermore whether people believe there is "one" or "many" anti-christs is not the issue. The issue is some taint stain with a cross around his neck and a screwed up view of Jesus is and has shown up to places where the President speaks.. and they show up with loaded guns..

Its perfectly within the law.. I understand that. However, it creates a caustic situation anytime "Guns" and "Faith" are poured into the same pot and heated over a stove.

This machine is being fed by slimeball right wing PR media clowns and transcribed over right wing radio to the delight of the balloon knots listening (I'll give you my definition of balloon knot off line).

You should be ashamed.. not for you but for them. You've proven over time that you are steadfast in what you believe from a fundamentalist standpoint. I have no problem with that. I disagree with your views but respect your points.

However, this machine is using the bible for political gain.. of course its happened before in... however, the degree to which it is happening know through the means of the republican party isn't only wrong.. but its offensive to me as a Christian.. and I can't figure out who I'm more Moderator cut: let's keep the language clean? The republican right for doing it.. or the Moderator cut: ?? assuming that's not an appropriate word nozzles for gobbling it up and spewing it out.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-17-2009 at 09:56 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 09:50 AM

The point is like many Christians on both sides you can't separate politics from scripture. You can't discern the sheep from the goats and in your accusation and criticism of the goats you also hurt the sheep by backing or helping secularists who already hate God and have an agenda to get rid of God, That because of these goats and Christians that lack spiritual maturity allowing themselves to be used by evil men in the conservative party who hate God just as much as the other side the world will paint all Christians with the same brush, laugh and scoff and in the process hurt the gospel.

Know your allegiance, my friend.

Regardless if you are a liberal or a conservative; they are both evil because they both want nothing to do with God and they are just little cogs in a wheel of a machine that Satan operates. This is Satan's kingdom.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-17-2009 at 10:05 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Don't know what part of evangelical Christianity Mr. Schaeffer grew up in, but I was also a child in an evangelical church when Kennedy was assassinated. I never heard anything like he describes. Yet he makes it sound like it was the entire evangelical culture. It wasn't. I doubt he can honestly speak for more than his own church.
Well this is Mr. Schaeffer's father...

Francis Schaeffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No offense but my guess is Mr. Schaeffer had a better peak under the covers than you did or do.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
by backing or helping secularists who already hate God and have an agenda to get rid of God,
See I call bs on that..

June is a secularist right? June.. do you hate God?

My guess is June will respond: "how can I hate what I don't believe in?"

So I call bs on the "agenda"

No rational person wants you or anyone else to stop believing what you do. In fact fundy I don't care what you believe.. I don't care what anyone believes. I DO care immensely when you think your belief should TRUMP the law. Thats when I get all hot under the collar. For that matter I would be mad if anyone tried to push their religion (whatever it was) through by trumping law. I have issues with that.

Are there some on the left that probably do hate God and would probably like to see God (anybody's God) stripped out of all society..

sure.. I do think that. However those people.. they don't have a political party machine behind them like Christian fundamentalists do. They don't.

Quote:
That because of these goats and Christians that lack immaturity allowing themselves to be used by evil men in the conservative party who hate God just as much as the other side the world will paint all Christians with the same brush, laugh and scoff and in the process hurt the gospel.
Whether they hate God or not isn't up to me to believe or to not believe. The fact is they (a large and growing aspect of the Republican party) are using faith to advance politics. It pisses me off.

Quote:
Know your allegiance, my friend.
My allegiance is to the law of the land I live in. I'm able to separate that from my faith. I just wish others would too.

The dichotomy of the idea of "Less govt in my life" + "I need govt to protect my Christian America" is laughable at best.. but in the end very sad.

Quote:
Regardless if you are a liberal or a conservative; they are both evil because they both want nothing to do with God and they are just little cogs in a wheel of a machine that Satan operates. This is Satan's kingdom.
I'm not an engineer so I don't know much about cogs and such..

I don't believe "conservatives" to be evil any more than I believe "liberals" to be evil.

My belief is that the fundamentalist Christian caucus in the Republican party has grown exponentially and it is quite a scary thing to see work..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity