Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:25 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

yes!

LOVE NEVER FAILS.

God is LOVE.

YES. So many seek an eye for an eye...
But Justice is when LOVE covers over all wrongs.
JUSTICE... DIVINE JUSTICE.... is LOVE covering over all wrongs.

Folks aren't seeing far enough. Their eyes are set on the shallow circumstances. These TEMPORARY fleeting circumstances of this short life. Look deeper. Why does the rapist rape? Why does the murderer murder? It is a lack of LOVE in their heart.

If God is love...
God is longsuffering.
He perseveres.
HE NEVER FAILS!!

What caused a person to do harm to another is an ignorance of love.
I truly believe that lack of love is the SOLE reason behind all of the harm that we inflict upon each other and our world around us. Remember what Love IS: God IS love...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails

God is love. God isn't some get-all-dressed-up-in-your-Sunday-clothes-say-some-prayers-shout-and-holler-about-GodisGreat!-and-put-a-few-dollars-in-the-collection-plate-remembering-to-remind-all-the-heathens-that-the-time-is-short-and-that-they-better-get-saved-and-accept-the-gift-or-suffer-for-all-eternity-in-hellfire kind of thing. GOD IS LOVE.

Do you all realize the power of Love?
This isn't some fuzzy, feel good, little benign thing.
LOVE is the most powferful thing in this whole universe.
More powerful than anything mankind could possibly come up with.
God is love. GOD!

Love covers over all wrongs.

The rapist and his victim? To be honest, I can picture in my mind's eye a day where they will be reconciled and actually love each other.
Hard to imagine?
LOVE NEVER FAILS.
The murderer and his victim and his victims families... will one day...love each other.
Hard to imagine?
LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Our puny little tiny brains cannot even BEGIN to imagine the POWER of God. The power of LOVE.
There is nothing impossible with God.
There is nothing impossible with LOVE!

The rapist is a human being. (I say this as a woman who has herself been through some difficult situations so this isn't some flippant thing I'm talking about.) The rapist is a human being first and foremost above anything else. A human being who does not understand or have love in his heart.
The love that God wishes us to have in our heart. The love that pushes us to love our enemies and turn our "enemies" into friends in our hearts and our minds. The rapist is an extremely weak human being. It won't be this way always. One day... YES, I see the rapist and his victim being reconciled.

This is just one example of so many, countless things that will be overturned and set right. LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
Love conquers unbelief.
Love conquers hatred.
Love conquers fear.
Love conquers ALL.

LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Why do we not believe it?

Is it that hard to imagine?
I don't think it is.
Look around you.
Look at all of the unbelievable things he created all around us.
Ponder it! Look at how just...unbelievable God is.
Look at this magnificent creation all around us.
Do you really think that the fleeting evils that mankind does out of a lack of knowledge of love is more powerful than GOD?

When you ponder loving your enemies.
It becomes easier and easier to imagine the huge picture of reconciliation.
When you can start to forgive those who have wronged you.
When you can even try to start to love them, even if they are long gone from your life, if you can do this in your mind and in your heart and in your soul.... you will slowly start to understand just how LOVE NEVER FAILS.

I see a beautiful picture of all coming to the knowledge of the Lord...
And all being reconciled.
Love covers over ALL wrongs.

ALL.

God is Love.

WOW.

How huge is that?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Wow, you know it Sparrow!

A+

Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Right on sparrow! Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 PM

Hi guys, y'know sometimes I find myself just feeling so small and humbled thinking about the immenseness of God. The "fear of God" certainly is a very real thing.. That just total and complete reverence and respect and just being completely in AWE. And then, knowing that God is LOVE, is like the warm blanket that wraps around your shoulders making you better able to BEAR that fear of God. Know what I mean?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi guys, y'know sometimes I find myself just feeling so small and humbled thinking about the immenseness of God. The "fear of God" certainly is a very real thing.. That just total and complete reverence and respect and just being completely in AWE. And then, knowing that God is LOVE, is like the warm blanket that wraps around your shoulders making you better able to BEAR that fear of God. Know what I mean?
I honestly have never had a fear of God, sparrow. As an atheist for 18+ years God wasn't an issue. As a Buddhist I sought annihilation of self in Nirvana. When I had my "end state" meditation experience . . . I was completely taken aback at the joy, love and complete acceptance I encountered in the "oneness" . . . that I experienced as a joyful "crowd" . . . without losing any of my individuality. The reality of God became unmistakable and atheism was a non-issue.

I spent the intervening decades learning as much as I could to try to identify this loving presence I encountered and relate it to our scientific knowledge of the world. I succeeded beyond my expectations and have no doubt that the consciousness I encountered was Jesus (and all those who loved like Him and died). Fear is a non-issue. I have no doubt that I will be with Him after death until the end of the earth . . . (in some distant time when our sun dies.) What comes after that still does not offer anything to be afraid of, IMO.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I honestly have never had a fear of God, sparrow. As an atheist for 18+ years God wasn't an issue. As a Buddhist I sought annihilation of self in Nirvana. When I had my "end state" meditation experience . . . I was completely taken aback at the joy, love and complete acceptance I encountered in the "oneness" . . . that I experienced as a joyful "crowd" . . . without losing any of my individuality. The reality of God became unmistakable and atheism was a non-issue.

I spent the intervening decades learning as much as I could to try to identify this loving presence I encountered and relate it to our scientific knowledge of the world. I succeeded beyond my expectations and have no doubt that the consciousness I encountered was Jesus (and all those who loved like Him and died). Fear is a non-issue. I have no doubt that I will be with Him after death until the end of the earth . . . (in some distant time when our sun dies.) What comes after that still does not offer anything to be afraid of, IMO.
Just have to clear this up real quick.
I may have worded that strangely.
I wasn't talking fear as in "I'm scared and afraid..eek!"
But, fear as in immense reverence, respect, and awe.

I like to think of this quote from the Lion,Witch and Wardrobe:

"For when they tried to look at Aslan’s face they just caught a glimpse of the golden mane and the great, royal, solemn, overwhelming eyes; and then they found they couldn’t look at him and went all trembly."

Just... thinking of God's magnificence... it's too much for this frail human...and I go all trembly.

No fear that I am in danger.
Trembly, reverence, awe, respect.
That's what I'm talking about.
Good stuff.
Not bad stuff.
(The pondering that He is love and the warm blanket around my shoulders makes the trembling slowly fade away.)

Now to what you were saying... thanks for sharing that.
What an interesting journey. I really enjoy reading about other people's paths. We're all so different and have such different things to share and contribute. Thanks Mystic.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:

I think sparrow meant "fear" as in yir'ah

a) awesome thing (object causing fear)
b) fear (of God), respect, reverence, piety
c) revered

I thought that was why the quotes.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think sparrow meant "fear" as in yir'ah

a) awesome thing (object causing fear)
b) fear (of God), respect, reverence, piety
c) revered

I thought that was why the quotes.

Thanks katjonjj.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 AM

31 posts, read 105,972 times
Quote:

you lie ... and clearly you are no PhD, because every certified doctor of philosophy must complete the credentials for medicine, also...

Old 09-18-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Thanks katjonjj.

ya beat me by two minutes LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity