Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times

Advertisements

Happened just now!

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize ‘a call to action’ - White House- msnbc.com

I couldn't resist..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:47 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

What do you think about President Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize? Excited? Elated? Think it's premature with Him not even yet deciding whether more troop are going into Afghanistan or not? What?

What is it Big Thirsty that you couldn't resist?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:32 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
What do you think about President Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize? Excited? Elated? Think it's premature with Him not even yet deciding whether more troop are going into Afghanistan or not? What?

What is it Big Thirsty that you couldn't resist?
I think its an honor and you simply say congrats..

Excited? Elated? I've never been those things before about the Nobel Prize so no.. neither of those.

I just found the RNC response to him receiving the prize a bit over the top.

As for as prematurity.. meh.. the guy has done exactly what the Nobel committee said he did.. he brings a new tune to international diplomacy.. it may be just talk.. but talking is the kind of the first part of diplomacy. Its a far cry from the "We'll put a boot in your ass" Toby Keith diplomacy GWB seemed to run.

As far as couldn't resist.. doesn't Daniel speak to a peacemaker being the antichrist? I was just helping the thread along..

Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
Yes, Daniel:

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was uponc the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity