U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM

8,990 posts, read 8,697,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Does God create evil? Yes (Isaiah 45:7).

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow… the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Lam 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceeds not evil and good?
Jer 18:11 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you
Job 2:10 What? Shall we receive good at the hand of God and shall we not receive evil?
Amos 3:6 …shall thee be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?

You say you see God willing evil to happen, how is that different than God causing evil to happen?

Read this article again, and scroll down to the section "NOW A FEW BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF WHAT GOD CAUSES"

LAKE OF FIRE - Part 15-C

God causes/wills earthquakes, floods, wars, killing, pestilence, famine, disease, calamity, slaughter, etc. At least some (if not all) of these could be classified as evil. But the point is it is not evil for God to do these things, if (and this is the big IF), God is doing it for a greater purpose for the good of all (including those who suffer under these evils).
I agree somewhat with you but not in your term "evil" and those verses have nothing to do with God causing or creating evil. God allowed evil to Job. disasters, floods etc... are not evil in of itself. In some situations God allows them and in others He causes them.

The point is, what is evil? there are no "good" people on this planet, "no not one" so whatever "evil" happens to us is justified because we are wicked and when good things happen is the result of God's grace and mercy because we don't derserve it. So when "evil" happens to us it is because we deserved it, Yes EVERYONE but we take great pleasure in knowing from scripture that God is taking special interest in us and using it for a higher purpose for our good and His glory, that is rejoice even in the bad times.

I believe God allowed my father who was a pastor with much work ahead of him to further the kingdom of God to die of cancer so His eldest son could become saved.

God could have caused my father to have cancer but how it would it be evil if his son is saved and regardless even though my father did work for the Lord, he deserved his fate.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,437,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Your obviously not understanding.....You just said. what "literal" way I meant So I asked you. are you speaking to me literally? You either speak literally or you don't. I know no other literal way to talk?
I understand just fine, all you have to do is talk in terms of scripture in order to explain yourself correctly.

Did the human race multiply through incest based upon your literal view of adam and eve and Noah?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I understand just fine, all you have to do is talk in terms of scripture in order to explain yourself correctly.

Did the human race multiply through incest based upon your literal view of adam and eve and Noah?
With an emphatic, absolute, 100% undoubteddoobily YES!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
With an emphatic, absolute, 100% undoubteddoobily YES!!!!

Oh, then God is the fire consuming a burning building.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Oh, then God is the fire consuming a burning building.
We use the word "consume" to mean other things e.g. Many universalists are so consumed over "aionion" meaning termporary in this forum"

Old 09-22-2009, 11:10 AM

So Cains wife, was either his mother or a sister but this was not recorded in the bible, how convenient. Amazing, maybe God was embarrassed and just decided to leave that information out. And he then changed later and decided to sentence people to death for the same thing.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
We use the word "consume" to mean other things e.g. Many universalists are so consumed over "aionion" meaning termporary in this forum"

Well it is either literal fire or it isn't.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
So Cains wife, was either his mother or a sister but this was not recorded in the bible, how convenient. Amazing, maybe God was embarrassed and just decided to leave that information out. And he then changed later and decided to sentence people to death for the same thing.
Cain's wife was his sister just like my wife is a distant sister because all of humanity shares the same mother. Someone did a study that when Cain took a wife, he had the pick of 25,000 people on the planet at that time. Why would God have to? It is very clear that incest was allowable in the OT with brother and sister even cousins. What death sentence? I know the bible forbids parent and child.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Well it is either literal fire or it isn't.
The bible was never clear if it is a literal fire or not? I don't believe hell is literally a fiery furnace.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
The bible was never clear if it is a literal fire or not? I don't believe hell is literally a fiery furnace.
Oh, but the bible is to be taken literally. Wait....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity