Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Lots to chew on here. So glad you did not set it in concrete!
Just my view. I mean, tying somethings together in a pattern seems to be logical.

If you studied the bible for a while you will begin to see patterns repeated many times over.

You know God doubles things twice before He brings it to pass?

Gen 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

1.Old man =Adam
2. Dead man =second Adam = Christ
3. New creature = us in Christ

Noah's eight = the eighth new day of the new week = a picture of Christ.

The flood = people = drowned = covered by the blood of Jesus = Noah's new world.

Joseph= sold for money = thrown into a pit = the least of all His brothers a picture of Christ saving the dead brothers (dead to Joseph) and (representative of the lost world) and Joseph the Savior during the seven years of famine.

7 doubled twice = 777 = Christ's perfect work of salvation.

Of course, 7 days are in a week, thus God introduces a new week of creation with the eight day.

Moses = the law, the old world = liberator of the Jewish people towards the promised land, of which Joshua takes them in, very fitting for Jesus as liberator leading us into the promised land.

Patterns, similitude's, multiplied visions, numbers, symbols and real life stories God uses to tell us all about His wonderful works.

And yes, God forbid, I hope I am wrong about the tilling.

If you know Christ, personally, you are in good hands regardless of what happens to this earth.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 04:21 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Just my view. I mean, tying somethings together in a pattern seems to be logical.

If you studied the bible for a while you will begin to see patterns repeated many times over.
The existence of a spiritual pattern (DNA template) to human attempts to understand our God and our purpose is clear . . . not just in biblical records . . . but it in ALL spiritual records and oral traditions. What some see as a discrediting factor . . . is in fact validation that God has imprinted a pattern in our very DNA for the development of understanding about Him. I do not expect Christians tied to the bible to readilly acknowledge or credit this . . . but it is true nonetheless.
Quote:
If you know Christ, personally, you are in good hands regardless of what happens to this earth.
Blessings, AJ
Amen. As Ilene said in another thread . . . it is so simple: "love God and each other." The problem is the politicizing of faith in Christ and tying it to specific societal issues. "Leave to Caeser . . ." I simply do not understand this desire to DICTATE to others how they must live ("Things that will all perish in their very use.") The desire to force compliance is even less understandable. There are many things we must control (murder, rape, molestation, etc.) for societal purposes . . . but of the things God requires of us we EACH are responsible for our OWN compliance and spiritual growth. It cannot and should NOT be forced . . . as I posted in one of the many Islamic postings for that heinous deen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Only an Impotent God would need to demand and/or force anyone to believe anything . . . or demand and/or force anyone to behave in certain ways. Using other humans to do the forcing is even more impotent!! How could anyone believe in such an impotent God?
We show our fear and lack of faith in God when we posit so many horrendous scenarios and concern ourselves with them. What will happen to the earth . . . will happen to the earth. I suggest we all focus on what will happen to us and those with whom we interact sufficiently to do something about. Love God and each other . . and Jesus will take care of the rest.JMNSHO.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
We show our fear and lack of faith in God when we posit so many horrendous scenarios and concern ourselves with them. What will happen to the earth . . . will happen to the earth. I suggest we all focus on what will happen to us and those with whom we interact sufficiently to do something about. Love God and each other . . and Jesus will take care of the rest.JMNSHO.
I fully concur with this post!

If, and just, but work within the love of God towards each other, would make for a better meal for those hungry for the word of God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Can someone explain what exactly the rapture is? I can not find the word anywhere in the bible.
There is no such thing as the "Rapture" It is false doctrine devised by Satan. Jesus will return for his church at the seventh trump! If you go to a church that is teaching this I suggest you run!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG
Can someone explain what exactly the rapture is? I can not find the word anywhere in the bible.
What Christianity has concluded, is that Jesus is coming back again, but first the Rapture of the church. (Believers)

So the term Rapture has a staple in the christian belief.

There is no harm, in my opinion in believing in the Rapture.

I say, that if you have Christ in your heart, as a born again believer, what need have you for a Rapture, for when you die, you are going to be with Him anyways.

Don't let anyone taint the Rapture as anything evil, for many a true believer believe3s in it.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-07-2010, 12:58 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Rick View Post
There is no such thing as the "Rapture" It is false doctrine devised by Satan. Jesus will return for his church at the seventh trump! If you go to a church that is teaching this I suggest you run!
Since you don't accept the Word of God about the rapture, then you had better prepare yourself for the seven-year tribulation period when the fierce wrath of God will be poured out on the inhabitants of planet earth. If you reject His Word now, how will you be able to endure it? Woe unto to those who are left behind! Foolish virgins and sinners alike!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

There is no harm, in my opinion in believing in the Rapture.
Secretary of the Interior Watt, under Ronald Regan, believed that there was no need to protect the environment because he believed in the end of days, or some other nonsense, and soon, so why bother.

Your opinion is thus shown to be wrong.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Secretary of the Interior Watt, under Ronald Regan, believed that there was no need to protect the environment because he believed in the end of days, or some other nonsense, and soon, so why bother.

Your opinion is thus shown to be wrong.
There are many instant-ices where mankind's beliefs affected the masses.

That does not say, that you are not responsible for your own beliefs right?

So, if you don't want to believe in the Rapture, you are free to do so.

Harm, as in evil doings, will always be present while in the flesh, but not necessarily need to be practiced, if one loves God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Wow, we are going to be raptured in 07 08 09, I can't wait!!!!
So anyone who is still here was a reject?
Now maybe they'll lose that more christian than thou attitude

"for I know I am one hundred times as humble as thou art"

Amish Wonderland

Old 10-13-2010, 02:59 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,044 times
Default Please show me in Scripture

I 'd like to see in plain print wher Jesus said he would come ,live in the sky and rapture believers to the sky. Can someone help me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity