Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
exactly whaaaaaaaat. You still can't define how raping of a little girl is let alone eternal torment
Fundy, you are confused. Rape and murder is evil. Very evil.

However, scripture tells us God creates evil. But everything God does is good... so even though evil is very bad, God must create evil for an ultimately good reason. There is a greater good for God's purpose of creating evil. Make sense so far?

Now how would eternal torture fit in here? How can God use eternal torture for an ultimately good reason? What is the greater good that comes from eternal torture? There is no greater good that can come from eternal torture, because it is FOREVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
There is no greater good that can come from eternal torture, because it is FOREVER.
Well, that's debatable, while fundy is burning in hell forever, he will be able to worship a God who will never hear him because he's gorifying over keeping Fundy there. I mean how much greater can you get?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times
Quote:
Fundy, you are confused. Rape and murder is evil. Very evil.

However, scripture tells us God creates evil. But everything God does is good... so even though evil is very bad, God must create evil for an ultimately good reason. There is a greater good for God's purpose of creating evil. Make sense so far?

Now how would eternal torture fit in here? How can God use eternal torture for an ultimately good reason? What is the greater good that comes from eternal torture? There is no greater good that can come from eternal torture, because it is FOREVER.

Lego ... I agree ... God created the devil to do what he does.

Isaiah 54:16
Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

The problem is people cant seem to understand that our human minds need evil in order to have a contrast whereby to better know Good. This is very difficult for most people to understand, i really don't know why ... but it is.

That means evil exist for a greater good. Of itself it is not good, but the contrast it provides compliments Good. So that we are able to KNOW the difference. That is what makes us like God, is knowing Good and evil.

You don't have to experience evil for ever in order to appreciate what is good, you just need an initial reference point. That is what the ages are for in part. This is our opportunity to make mistakes and learn from them, and mature and refine ourselves by the fire of the trials of life.

However, eternal Torutre is saying evil will exist for ever. And it is not for any good reason when you really think about. People being tortured does not glorify God. He takes no pleasure even in their deaths, how much less in their torture? It really is unthinkable. It is ultimately vain and no one can come up with a good reason for it. The best they can do is say, since God is an eternal being, if you sin against him or deny him than the punishment must be eternal also ... What kind of logic is that anyway? It doesn't make any sense. But that is the way men think ... Sin against a peasant, no one cares, sin against a King and its "off with his head"!

I really dont know what leg this doctrine of ET has left to stand on other than simply the pride and arrogance of those that believe it. Either that or it just seems practical to them in order to control people. This type of spiritual and religious bondage is exactly what Jesus came to set us free from, and now they have made him the mascot of ET.

Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus full of anger pointing his finger while screaming, "believe in me or burn if Hell for ever" ... ? No, of course not ... Its always him smiling peacefully and being a good shepherd. But what they teach about him is altogether different than the pictures they paint of him.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-24-2009 at 05:18 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 05:22 PM

Just imagine a picture of Jesus taking great pleasure in watching those that had rejected him in this life or who had believed in anything other than him writhing and burning in flames ... A little bubble over Jesus head saying, "revenge, how sweet it is" ...

Did Jesus whilst dying on the Cross cry out to God and say "My God, AVENGE ME!"

NO ... What did he say? ... "Father forgive them, they don't know what they are doing" ...

Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Yea but he only meant forgive the chosen and he only meant it if they asked for forgiveness first and He only meant it if we received a gift first

Old 09-24-2009, 06:17 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:

DaniMae, I'm not sure what your problem with this thread is... you don't believe in eternal torment I'm quite sure...

Maybe you are a closet ETer who doesn't believe in God?

Nothing really. Just being silly. But you've got to admit there have been a lot of threads about ET and UR!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Nothing really. Just being silly. But you've got to admit there have been a lot of threads about ET and UR!
I hadn't noticed.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post

It is a part of the process of emerging truth. It takes a long time and allot of explanation to familiarize people with what is to them a new idea. If it were not that i am compelled of the spirit as I am i would not be able to constantly repeat myself and rethink my angle of approach to better present the word of reconciliation. I am a man obsessed ... But we are laying the ground work for many other people who are all the time turning to this original teaching of the Gospel. We are rebuilding a broken ruin of the church which once was. It is not something done over night. You might not take what is happening seriously. But i can tell you this is a very auspicious time in the spiritual history of man and big things are starting to change. We are truly at the cusp of a new age ...

Old 09-25-2009, 06:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It is a part of the process of emerging truth. It takes a long time and allot of explanation to familiarize people with what is to them a new idea. If it were not that i am compelled of the spirit as I am i would not be able to constantly repeat myself and rethink my angle of approach to better present the word of reconciliation. I am a man obsessed ... But we are laying the ground work for many other people who are all the time turning to this original teaching of the Gospel. We are rebuilding a broken ruin of the church which once was. It is not something done over night. You might not take what is happening seriously. But i can tell you this is a very auspicious time in the spiritual history of man and big things are starting to change. We are truly at the cusp of a new age ...
I totally agree!

(2 Timothy 4:3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I totally agree!

(2 Timothy 4:3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
2 Timothy 3:
13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

If you get the things wrong that you have learned then yes you will not endure sound doctrine.

2 Timothy 3:
10But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Perhaps it is you who does not fully understand his doctrine and perhaps it is you that has his ears tickled.

This is not proof of anything if it can also be turned around to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity