Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Jn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Absolutely Phaze! No man CAN come to Him except those He draws unto Himself! Now...ask yourself this...How does God draw men unto Himself?

I say that He draws them by leading them to His Word...in other words, you feel compelled to read the Bible, and you truly, in your heart want to know Him more...(this is His beckoning you to come)...so then you read...and you read the Scriptures, like the ones I posted...THEN...you either except His truth...or you reject His truth...ONE OR THE OTHER!...NO RIDING THE FENCE ON THIS! TWISTING IT IS RIDING THE FENCE!...You're either hot or cold...lukewarm don't get it!!!...and it certainly will not get you into the KIngdom of God...and there is Scripture that states this AS WELL!!!

SO PHAZE...THEN, ask yourself this!...WHICH ONE WILL IT BE THAT HE RAISES UP IN THE LAST DAY? And don't even tell me that it is the one who rejects His truth!!!!!!!!!!

So you have been drawn...He wants you to know Him...but you reject His truth, and turn it into something foreign...that makes you feel better...you are a worker of iniquity...and there is no place in His Kingdom for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
Hb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
He only chastens those who receive Him...only those who receive His Word IN TRUTH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:11 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
The overwhelming irony is those who believe in eternal torment are citing the very verses that are actually about their beliefs!

Yes. Your false beliefs are on the wide path of destruction.
You will not be destroyed, for God loves you. But your beliefs that God would allow anyone to be lost forever will be burned off of you and destroyed forever.

Those who say evil is good and good, evil.
Cannot see straight.

WWJD? "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do..."

Peace.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hell worshipers ... Gotta love em ... They just couldn't live without their eternal torture.

So what are believers in the word of Reconciliation evildoers? And you are righteous and special right? Only people like you does god love and only people who believe the way you do will be saved from your eternal torture right? I love you too ... God bless you ...
Get over your "eternal torture" bit Ironmaw...I'm tired of it! I'm talking DEATH!!! DEAD!!! DONE!!! AWAY FROM THE PRESENCE OF GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY!!! READ THE WORD FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:16 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The overwhelming irony is those who believe in eternal torment are citing the very verses that are actually about their beliefs!

Yes. Your false beliefs are on the wide path of destruction.
You will not be destroyed, for God loves you. But your beliefs that God would allow anyone to be lost forever will be burned off of you and destroyed forever.

Those who say evil is good and good, evil.
Cannot see straight.

WWJD? "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do..."

Peace.
Jesus already said what He would do!!! So, is it our fault for pointing out what God says in His Word, Jesus is the one saying that He will send those out of His sight, not us. We didn't get together and make it up, sorry, if it goes against what you want to be. There are scriptures on top of scriptures that says what God is doing to do, but I take it you don't want to hear that.

WWJD:

Matthew 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Are you saying that Jesus will not do this?

Or are you mad at Jesus for saying this?

Luke 13:22-28, that they will not be able to get in.

Am I attacking UR, by simply posting what is in the bible? If I added my version, then ok, but I see what it says.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaw1776 View Post
you know the bible is like a mirror, it reveals the inner self. What you see in there when you read it is a reflection of your own soul. Some see condemnation and death for ever, some see love and life and the liberty of christ for everyone ... What do you see?
i charge you to take every scripture i posted and show everyone here your "take" on it!!!!! Go ahead....i"m waiting!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazelwood View Post
jesus will accomplish his purpose 100%.
He sure will Phaze...He sure will!!!...and you better know it!!!

Last edited by Verna Perry; 09-24-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Jesus already said what He would do!!! So, is it our fault for pointing out what God says in His Word, Jesus is the one saying that He will send those out of His sight, not us. We didn't get together and make it up, sorry, if it goes against what you want to be. There are scriptures on top of scriptures that says what God is doing to do, but I take it you don't want to hear that.

Peace to you Miss Shawn...
My debating you will do nothing but tear us further apart.
And I don't wish for that to happen.
I see God's plan as an absolute masterpiece and only wish for others to see it in the way that gives full glory to Him.
There are scriptures on top of scriptures that tell of the Father being ALL in ALL. If you don't see it, you don't see it.
And while you are still my sister...
I cannot keep this wonderful good news to myself.
I will keep proclaiming His majesty.
He is far better than you give Him credit for.

peace.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Absolutely Phaze! No man CAN come to Him except those He draws unto Himself! Now...ask yourself this...How does God draw men unto Himself?

I say that He draws them by leading them to His Word...in other words, you feel compelled to read the Bible, and you truly, in your heart want to know Him more...(this is His beckoning you to come)...so then you read...and you read the Scriptures, like the ones I posted...THEN...you either except His truth...or you reject His truth...ONE OR THE OTHER!...NO RIDING THE FENCE ON THIS! TWISTING IT IS RIDING THE FENCE!...You're either hot or cold...lukewarm don't get it!!!...and it certainly will not get you into the KIngdom of God...and there is Scripture that states this AS WELL!!!

SO PHAZE...THEN, ask yourself this!...WHICH ONE WILL IT BE THAT HE RAISES UP IN THE LAST DAY? And don't even tell me that it is the one who rejects His truth!!!!!!!!!!

So you have been drawn...He wants you to know Him...but you reject His truth, and turn it into something foreign...that makes you feel better...you are a worker of iniquity...and there is no place in His Kingdom for you!!!!

He only chastens those who receive Him...only those who receive His Word IN TRUTH!!!
Well Verna,

I believe this to the 100% implication that it raises. Whatever the means.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

1Jn 4:14 . And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

Who am I to doubt it?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I hear over and over again from those who believe that God will not cast out, forever, those who are found to be in sin...who have read and heard the Word of God stating so, but have CHOSEN to ignore His warnings!

Please...tell me how you all can just pass right over and ignore completely, what the Word of God says all through the Bible...you either carelessly, do not crack open the Bible at all...or you have no idea their even IS a God...or that what He says, you twist to mean what you want it to say, instead of receiving it the way He meant it to be received!

Job 34:10-12
"Therefore, hear me, you men of understanding:
.....far be it from God that He should do
............wickedness,
.....and from the Almighty that He should do
..........wrong.

For according to the work of a man He will repay
..........him,
...and according to his ways He will make it befall him.

Of a truth, God will not do wickedly,
...and the Almighty will not pervert justice.

Psalms 5:4-6
For You are not a God who takes pleasure in
.......wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.
The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodstirsty and deceitful man.

Psalms 6:8
Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity;

Psalms 14:4
Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call on the Lord?

Psalms 28:3-5
Do not drag me off with the wicked,
...with the workers of evil,
who speak peace with their neighbors
...while evil is in their hearts.
Give to them according to their work
...and according to the evil of their deeds;
give to them according to the work of their hands;
...render to them their due reward.
Because they do not regard the works of the Lord
...or the work of His hands,
he will tear them down and build them up no
..........more.

Psalms 36:12
There the evildoers lie fallen;
...they are thrust down, unable to rise

Psalms 37:1
Fret not yourself because of evildoers;
...be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass
...and whither like the green herb.

Psalms 92:5-9
How great are your works, O LORD!
...Your thoughts are very deep!
The stupid man cannot know;
...the fool cannot understand this:
that though the wicked sprout like grass
...and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to destruction forever.
For behold, Your enemies, O LORD,
...for behold, Your enemies shall perish;
...all evildoers shall be scattered.

Psalms 94:1-7,23
O LORD, God of vengeance,
O God of vengeance, shine forth!
Rise up, O Judge of the earth;
...repay to the proud what they deserve!
O LORD, how long shall the wicked,
...how long shall the wicked exult?
They pour out their arrogant words;
...all the evildoers boast.
They crush Your people O LORD,
...and afflict Your heritage.
They kill the widow and the sojourner,
...and murder the fatherless;
and they say, "The LORD does not see;
...the God of Jacob does not perceive."

Understand, O dullest of the people!
...Fools, when will you be wise?
He who planted the ear, does He not hear?
He who formed the eye, does he not see?

Psalms 125:5
But those who turn aside to their crooked ways
...the LORD will lead away with evildoers!

Luke 13:22-28 "The Narrow Way"
And He went through the cities and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem.
Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?"
And He said to them, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'LORD, LORD, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where are you from,' then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from, Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the Kingdom of God, and you yourself thrust out.

...now...go ahead...chop this up like you always do!!!
2 Timothy 4:3 tells us that, ''For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; 4) and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

Satanic deception is strong in the world, and it is those who do not rightly divide the word of truth who fall prey to doctrines of demons. Some claim to be Christians but really are not, some are Christians but not having a proper knowledge of God they become enemies of the Cross. They are saved, but their Christian testimony is completely neutralized.

Some people it seems appear actually to worship the word 'aion' and make it their god.(little g).

Others beyond all reason manage to distort the scriptures in such a way as to delude themselves into a preteristic viewpoint.

But it is all part of the spiritual warfare that is taking place and the battle lines are drawn with those who are on the side of God and those who are on the side of Satan.

All you can do is to present the truth and leave the results with the Lord. He is working all things to His glory.

The important thing is to live your own spritual life as unto the Lord and not let those who criticise and ridicule you for standing for the truth, bother you.

Noah evangelized for the entire one hundred and twenty years that it took to build the ark and not one person believed him, and they all perished.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I see God's plan as an absolute masterpiece and only wish for others to see it in the way that gives full glory to Him.

I cannot keep this wonderful good news to myself.
Nicely said. It truly is... "THE GOOD NEWS!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity