Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,570 times

Advertisements

you laugh but I'm serious, my family has a few different religions in it and I was raised Catholic and I can tell you that the a lot of the Catholic Churches look more like Protestant churches now, the newer ones at least, they're borrowing architecture from them sometimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
no it's true, actually some Catholic Churches don't even have kneelers anymore
Trust me I believe you

Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM

it was kind of funny reading it again, just the part you pulled by itself, see? it's silly people. Gosh, what makes me mad is next time I drive by a Church with a steeple I'm going to be like, is that a penis?!? lol

Old 10-02-2009, 03:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
a lot of the newer Catholic Churches don't even have steeples, this is probably b/c of the cost but if some protestants see them as a penis they can stop using them too, and the Catholic Church doesn't even like it's members to be masons so I'm not really sure where you read that but that is not the history I know, I have both in my family and my grandmother chose to give up being an eastern star when she became Catholic because it is not something a lot of Catholics partake in due to the historical clash b/w the two but it is my understanding Masons have no problem if you are Catholic
The Cathlolic church and the freemasonry joined league under Adam Weishaupt ... The first freemasons were in fact the Knights templar, who though persecuted during the french inquisition, later became partners in crime so to speak. On the surface tha Roman catholic church condemns freemasonry, and most Catholics wouldn't know about the link between the roman church and freemasonry because of deep compartmentalization ...

That is to say that the exoteric traditions of the RCC are seemingly at odds with the traditions of the Freemasonry ... But the esoteric traditions of the RCC and the worship of the queen of heaven and the fraternity of the black pope otherwise known as the Jesuits is right in line with the mystery traditions of Freemasonry and ancient Babylon and Egypt.

The two popes ... ‘L’Osservatore Romano’, Pope Benedict XVI meets Spanish Reverend Adolfo Nicolas, the new Superior General of the Jesuits Roman Catholic order ...

Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The Cathlolic church and the freemasonry joined league under Adam Weishaupt ... The first freemasons were in fact the Knights templar, who though persecuted during the french inquisition, later became partners in crime............
I am confused..what does all this mean to the average Catholic?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am confused..what does all this mean to the average Catholic?
It has nothing to do with the average catholic, but it has everything to do with why i discourage people from practicing organized traditional religion which is controlled by these powerful demonic forces. Haven't you noticed that is what i have been talking about throughout this thread?

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It has nothing to do with the average catholic, but it has everything to do with why i discourage people from practicing organized traditional religion which is controlled by these powerful demonic forces. Haven't you noticed that is what i have been talking about throughout this thread?
Why don't you just stick to the gospel? the word of God so that a Catholic can see the light. These historical facts really don't do anything. Furthermore organized tradional religion is not bad in of itself.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM

if they are in such cahoots why don't they want Catholics to be Masons? Again, Mason's I understand do not mind if you are Catholic, but the Church frowns upon being a Mason in my understanding, as you say is a cover, I'm not knocking either, my Granddad was a Mason, I'm sure they have some sort of tie now as do all the religious leaders in the world, they try to work together a lot, look I know you hate the Catholic Church with all your mind and like to accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary, and I know you fall into the idea the Churches are nothing but evil, but Catholics are just pretty much ignoring this hatred now because some people will continue to be mean even if you tell them 'no we don't, here is the position' I am sure you have read it, I am sure you are aware of it, I am not even going to address it. If you really cared about learning of other peoples faith you would not do this, I have several Protestants in my family though and nobody in my family would accuse any of the Catholics in my family of doing this, your intent is to spread nothing but hate at the current time, if you want to discuss REAL problems with the Church, I am all for this, but spreading lies is wrong. I myself refuse to practice Catholicism currently because I have a lot of problems with the dogma of the Church right now but I wouldn't just make stuff up against them

Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM

although I don't even think you can call the Masons religious, maybe in some sense, because they do encourage you to have some sort of faith, but they do not endorse one in particular I believe

Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Why don't you just stick to the gospel? the word of God so that a Catholic can see the light. These historical facts really don't do anything. Furthermore organized tradional religion is not bad in of itself.
The only true religion is giving to the poor and taking care of those in need (James 1:27) ... Traditions of man make the word of God to none effect (Mark 7:13) ...

Ephesians 5
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

You are the one who started this thread ... These are my answers, if you don't like them then perhaps you shouldn't have asked. The Gospel of Christ reconciling the whole world to himself is the greatest truth, but not the only truth. I rarely speak concerning these things anymore, but there is a time and place for everything under the sun ...

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-3
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up...."

Right now in this thread it is time for me to expose the evil heart of organized religion, especially organized Christianity and its pagan influences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity