U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
 
Location: Bora Bora: Vava'u.
738 posts, read 1,660,320 times
Reputation: 530

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Quite frankly, I cannot understand how any intelligent human being, with any sense of logic could believe the Bible is the word of God. No way a perfect God could author such an inperfect and flawed book.
The Bible “is inspired of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16)

The information found in God’s Word is practical for everyday life.—Isaiah 48:17.

God’s promises found in the Bible are certain to be fulfilled.—Numbers 23:19

“Men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.” 2 Peter 2:21

"The green grass has dried up, the blossom has withered; but as for the word of our God, it will last to time indefinite." Isaiah 40:8


The entire Bible truthfully is “the word of God.”—1 Thessalonians 2:13.

The apostle Paul wrote: “The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.”—Hebrews 4:12.

The Bible is scientifically accurate. At a time when there were wrong ideas about the shape of the earth, the Bible referred to it as a circle, or sphere. (Isaiah 40:22)

The Bible accurately said that the earth ‘hangs on nothing.’ (Job 26:7)

The Bible contains numerous prophecies, many of which have already been fulfilled and prophecies that are yet to come.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2009, 01:26 PM
 
10 posts, read 12,195 times
Reputation: 12
Default King Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.

Yes, I believe in God...

I am very thankful for my salvation, and I really enjoy the refreshing Love God shares!

When I hear someone claim they don't believe, Have they ever once diligently started seeking him?

Can one see what Love looks like? Does Love have wings? Does one experience true Love, and not believe it's real?

Can one believe the wind, and gravity is real or not? One has free-will, But if they claim not to believe, The wind will still blow, and they shall continue to dance in what they call gravity...

King Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life,no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.


Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD,and beside me there is no saviour.


Kind Regards,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,298 times
Reputation: 10
One can only come to God if He draws him near. I believe that we can create the environment for that to happen... just like we cannot mend a withered plant, but place it in sunlight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
We can debate how much man has handled it, but because God is spirit, it must be read with understanding given by Him. With this in mind, the message will not change - though controversy regarding its content will increasingly rage as the ages progress.
Absolutely.....when the book is read with carnal and worldly eyes, you can make any man made doctrine you please. Those that have spiritual eyes will see the message it was intended to impart....we only have One Teacher and He also reveals spiritual things that cannot be found in any book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Can you defend the gospel rightly, scripturally with knowledge when its under attack? Before you say, well that is really not needed or that is not one my callings as a Christian.

(1 Peter 3:15)
15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

(2 Corinthians 10:5)
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

(Titus 1:9)
He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.



YouTube - "Does God exist?" -- Social campaign on education (TV commerc
The best way to defend the Gospel...is to actually live it. People will want what you have when they SEE WITH THEIR EYES the life you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttle7 View Post
One can only come to God if He draws him near. I believe that we can create the environment for that to happen... just like we cannot mend a withered plant, but place it in sunlight.
I believe this is true; however, the role His grace plays in our will to even create that "environment" may never be known, until He shows it to us. I personally believe that we are most pleasing to Him when we are totally helpless in and of ourselves - thereby giving Him all the glory.

If this is indeed the case, all of creation will have everything to give Him thanks for - and I believe that's true also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 4,900,524 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Quite frankly, I cannot understand how any intelligent human being, with any sense of logic could believe the Bible is the word of God. No way a perfect God could author such an inperfect and flawed book.
He created you didn't He?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 PM
 
1,605 posts, read 3,315,080 times
Reputation: 595
It is faith based on reason. I don't know if God exists, but I BELIEVE that he exists because I have seen evidence that (IMO) proves his existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Reputation: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
He created you didn't He?
...HelllllooooooooooRobin!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!! It is soooo gooood to see you back posting!! You doin' o.k?...I miss you!

Love,
Verna...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,016 times
Reputation: 10
I went through a time where I almost renounced Christianity. It had so many questions and not enough answers. Here are a couple of places that really gets down to the meat of things:

[url=http://www.tektonics.org/]Tekton Education and Apologetics Ministries. James Patrick Holding. Tektonitron apologetics Encyclopedia. answering Bible difficulties and Bible contradictions[/url]
[url=http://www.christianthinktank.com/]A Christian Thinktank[/url]

With several years of deep searching the answers really are there! Don't give up. I was so incredibly cynical at one point, I started thinking Christians were idiots because they didn't seem to have any decent answers but if you really seek you will find. If you are a Christian right now and reading this please do not give up. I wish I could go back and undo all that I did and said, because the answers are truly there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top