Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:43 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,135,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Unfortunately for your theory, Jesus came to save the lost.
The lost sheep of the house of Israel. Need references?

Quote:

Hitler, stalin, Manson... all lost... those are who he came to save... AND Jesus shall lose none of them.
Yea, He did come to save them, and laid His life down for them , as well as everyone. But just because this gift was given, doesn't mean they have accepted this glorious gift. You will be able to tell them by their fruit.

Quote:
They will be saved.
Only in your mind they have. This is not scriptural.

Quote:
It's funny because I couldn't say whether I would escape hell or whether I'd be raptured for sure when I was enslaved to that doctrine.
Enslaved to the doctrine? Who is enslaved to any doctrine? The Truth sets people free to everything, including doctrines.

Quote:
I always had that nagging feeling that I was missing something... the feeling of fear.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, not the end.

Quote:
Now, I can say with all of my being that I have no doubt that all are saved.
Keep thinking that, but it doesn't make it true.

Quote:
Not one is left lost.
Most are lost, sadly. Jesus stated this as fact, and I believe Him.

Quote:
I would take anyone's place in hell.
You won't have to. Keep preaching falsehoods and your place will be set.

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me in the least what they did.
As well it shouldn't. But you can be assured, it does to God and His Son.

Quote:
If they were sentenced to unending torture, I would offer to take their place.
Surreeee you would. Since you do not believe in that doctrine, it is easy to say. If you knew it to be a fact, then like hell you would.

Quote:
I know that God is good and there is no punishment great enough for me to renounce his goodness, faithfulness, and lovingkindness.
Glad to hear that. It isn't what goes in to the mouth that defiles the man/woman,,,,,it is what comes out of it.

Quote:
His will be done.
Yep, and it will.

Quote:
He will have all men come to him.
And they will. It is called judgment.

Quote:
All men will do his will.
No they won't. If they could, it would have already been done.

Quote:
No worries, free to be happy!
Great! Now be free to ask for the enlightened Truth that can only be found in and through Jesus. He will tell you, as long as you free your mind from the doctrines of men. Start with a blank slate, and forget everything you have ever known,,,and just let the Word be manifested to you as only He can tell it. After all, it is His Word.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,150,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Ah ... Well i will say this, i love you regardless, even if i don't like you(not that i even know you personally) i love you. I believe that though now you may be cunning and wicked and proud, you will suffer the loss of your pride and be ashamed, but in humility you will receive salvation in the end.
u cant love what you dont know understand or assess correctly.
david was strong and cunning he was not proud or wicked bek he told king saul of what he had done what he could do and what he was about to do. one less giant in the realm to worry about.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,484,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If we love our enemies truly, and not just with lip service, then shouldn't we rejoice in the truth that God will save all men? And not only men, but even our worst enemy which are Satan and his fallen angels?

If the idea that Satan will be saved bothers you, can you say that you love your enemies? If the idea that Hitler or Stalin or any other evil man who has died is saved bothers you, can you say that you love them? If you love someone, do you ever stop loving them, even after they die?

Do you really love your enemies and hope for their salvation regardless of what you believe or have been taught that the bible teaches?

Check your hearts Christians, because i tell you this, if you do not truly love your enemies, you are not of the spirit of Christ. In truth you are no better than the unbelievers.
I don`t believe most so called christians love their enemies. Take some of the post that we read on this forum. You can see the spirit of some of the post are surely not loving but more judgemental and mean spirited.
I also don`t believe most people love God with all of their heart and mind. Yes they pay lip service to it. They will be the first ones to jump up and defend themsleves and talk about how much they truly love God. The pride just drips off of their post. They want everyone to know how much of a mature christian they are. They want everyone to know how God told them this and God told them that. They want everyone to know how special they are in God`s sight. I just shake my head sometimes at the people who think they are so much better than others. The people who think they have found such favor in God`s sight. They so badly want to feel special. They want to feel part of a special group. They will even go so far as to throw people (men,women,kids,old,young) into literal fiery flames to be tortured forever and ever because those people were not wise like them and accepted God`s gift. Sometimes you would think these all wise, all knowing people are the creator and not the creation.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:10 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,474,287 times
Anyway to get to the core issue.

The President of my High School class made fun of me, called me q***r, etc. He made racist jokes and at Prom he gave a drunk/rambling speech that ended with "Heil Hitler!" I don't know if he was my "enemy" but I despised him. I made fun of him for years, sometimes still slip that way. Later he ended up with a major drug addiction and even threatened to kill his parents. Part of me thought "that figures." When his Mom told me he'd like to visit me some day I thought "no way!" I didn't hate him, but I believed in just forgetting him. He was no longer in my world, I'd moved on to college.

But in some ways something changed in me or him or both of us. I had a bout of mental illness and became more aware of my own failings. As for him he had a son, but his drug addiction just kept on. He was reduced to the point that the kids he'd dominated over now had to help him with simple things. He went to the priest all the time trying to save himself from his addictions and problems. It became clear he wanted to be healed of his problems. At the end he apparently really had the "hunger" for a better life, for something more. Sadly it wasn't enough and he died of an overdose a couple years back. Despite his often asking about me I never would go see him after High School and now I never will.

I don't know what I would've said if I saw him. And I don't think he entirely fixed himself or know where he went when he died. Still in his way he was trying and at times I feel I'm standing still. I don't know if I love him precisely, but at times I think maybe this guy I looked down on as a racist licentious piece of garbage was a better man than I am. And that if I don't love him, or if I even still carry some hostility to him, than that's a bad reflection on me.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,006,182 times
No. I hate them.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,484,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Anyway to get to the core issue.

The President of my High School class made fun of me, called me q***r, etc. He made racist jokes and at Prom he gave a drunk/rambling speech that ended with "Heil Hitler!" I don't know if he was my "enemy" but I despised him. I made fun of him for years, sometimes still slip that way. Later he ended up with a major drug addiction and even threatened to kill his parents. Part of me thought "that figures." When his Mom told me he'd like to visit me some day I thought "no way!" I didn't hate him, but I believed in just forgetting him. He was no longer in my world, I'd moved on to college.

But in some ways something changed in me or him or both of us. I had a bout of mental illness and became more aware of my own failings. As for him he had a son, but his drug addiction just kept on. He was reduced to the point that the kids he'd dominated over now had to help him with simple things. He went to the priest all the time trying to save himself from his addictions and problems. It became clear he wanted to be healed of his problems. At the end he apparently really had the "hunger" for a better life, for something more. Sadly it wasn't enough and he died of an overdose a couple years back. Despite his often asking about me I never would go see him after High School and now I never will.

I don't know what I would've said if I saw him. And I don't think he entirely fixed himself or know where he went when he died. Still in his way he was trying and at times I feel I'm standing still. I don't know if I love him precisely, but at times I think maybe this guy I looked down on as a racist licentious piece of garbage was a better man than I am. And that if I don't love him, or if I even still carry some hostility to him, than that's a bad reflection on me.
When we realize that God created us all and has a purpose for us all then we can began to see people in a different light. God just hasn`t worked in that person or opened his eyes to the love of God. History is filled with people who did horrible unspeakable things, only to have their eyes opened by God later in life. Paul is an example. Those people are looked down on and unloved. It is hard to love a person who is violent,abusive, and downright mean. I`m not sure if any human can honestly say they love a person like that. Think if someone did the most horrific thing to your daughter or wife. Never asked for forgiveness and remained defiant and evil all of their life. The kind of person that would beat you to a pulp if you even looked at them. It`s a hard thing. I`m not there yet.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,480,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The lost sheep of the house of Israel. Need references?
Yea, He did come to save them, and laid His life down for them , as well as everyone. But just because this gift was given, doesn't mean they have accepted this glorious gift. You will be able to tell them by their fruit.
Only in your mind they have. This is not scriptural.
Enslaved to the doctrine? Who is enslaved to any doctrine? The Truth sets people free to everything, including doctrines.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, not the end.
Keep thinking that, but it doesn't make it true.
Most are lost, sadly. Jesus stated this as fact, and I believe Him.
You won't have to. Keep preaching falsehoods and your place will be set.
As well it shouldn't. But you can be assured, it does to God and His Son.
Surreeee you would. Since you do not believe in that doctrine, it is easy to say. If you knew it to be a fact, then like hell you would.
Glad to hear that. It isn't what goes in to the mouth that defiles the man/woman,,,,,it is what comes out of it.
Yep, and it will.
And they will. It is called judgment.
No they won't. If they could, it would have already been done.
Great! Now be free to ask for the enlightened Truth that can only be found in and through Jesus. He will tell you, as long as you free your mind from the doctrines of men. Start with a blank slate, and forget everything you have ever known,,,and just let the Word be manifested to you as only He can tell it. After all, it is His Word.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,944,532 times
Yes. I love my enemies to slow, agonizing, painful death.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Loving your enemies is key. Having enemies shrivels up your heart. When you can love your enemies, your enemies cease to be enemies and your heart expands and is more able to accomodate truth.

Holding onto any type of unforgiveness or hatred in your heart keeps your heart small and keeps truth at a distance.

God helped me tremendously with this. Learning forgiveness for even those who brought great physical harm to a loved one opened up my heart and turned my hatred to love and from there, God's love truly started to pour in and my eyes were opened.

Love your enemies.

Peace..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM

8,118 posts, read 6,859,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
When we realize that God created us all and has a purpose for us all then we can began to see people in a different light. God just hasn`t worked in that person or opened his eyes to the love of God.
Yes!! This is a beautiful truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity