U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,492,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How's the wife ?, waiting hand on foot on you ?
We are all smiles here!
Today she made me hot oatmeal, and hot chocolate to warm my bones and get ready to head out into the snow.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 AM

How to be the best Christian husband.

Lead by example.
Listen to your wife pray to learn her heart.
Make her dreams your goal.
Understand the duty you have in being the Lord of the house, and the role you are to fill as its leader.
Notice her efforts to make herself more pleasing to you.
Encourage your wife in the direction that is best to walk in.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 AM

The Obama Birthers...

At first I felt their claims worthless.
I watched FOX and there I learned that Bill ORelly checked into the issue and came back and said that the Bithers were wrong and that they had nothing.

That more or less settled the matter for me for about a year.

However over the last few months I have noticed a change in the way the debate is fought.
Not from the Birthers, they still seem very crazy to me.
But rather I see something has changed in the manner of the defenders of Obama.

I see a different look in their eye.
I see fear.......

Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM

2,345 posts, read 3,820,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
How to be the best Christian husband.

Lead by example.
Listen to your wife pray to learn her heart.
Make her dreams your goal.
Understand the duty you have in being the Lord of the house, and the role you are to fill as its leader.
Notice her efforts to make herself more pleasing to you.
Encourage your wife in the direction that is best to walk in.

Don't forget about shutting her up good! I have a question for you alan....does your BETTER half get on city data? I'd love to read what her posts would say!

Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Don't forget about shutting her up good! I have a question for you alan....does your BETTER half get on city data? I'd love to read what her posts would say!
my wife has far, far more important things to attend to...

Old 10-19-2009, 02:15 PM

4,883 posts, read 5,126,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im not really sure what this sentence means?

But what i know is this:
Jesus said nothing in secret.
There are no hidden teachings that some Christians have and others dont.
The Good News is once for all given to the saints.
There is nothing else coming down the pipe from above.

Therefore if some teacher stands up and tells you that there has just been learned a secret?...or if there is some type of church out there that claims to have secrets?...it's a lie.

Jesus is not found in the "secret rooms"
I beg to differ here....there are hidden mysteries that can only be revealed by God once we've matured and gone on to receive the solid food of the Gospel. Paul was pretty clear that even though the Corinthians had received all spiritual gifts and knowledge of the simple faith or the "milk" of the gospel...they were not mature enough to learn the higher mysteries of God.

Surely you don't believe that everything that can be known about God is only found in the Bible when scripture says different?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Surely you don't believe that everything that can be known about God is only found in the Bible when scripture says different?
You will never learn even the smallest thing about God that disagrees with the Bible is even the smallest of ways..

and don't call me Shirley..LOL

Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM

The "faith" is all here.
There is no other parts of the Christian faith left to learn.
There are not others things that God forgot to tell us about finding salvation.

The words and teachings of the Bible are sufficent to being you onto Life everlasting.

Nothing you will ever learn onyour own about God or salvation can go agaisnt the Bibl's twachings.

If any teacher, or church, or book, or anything ever holds out to you a different path to salvation that goes against the teachings of the Bible?....they they are wrong.
The Bible is correct.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 AM

30,295 posts, read 20,040,776 times
Yes Alan rather than start another thread and considering you asked if anyone has any questions.

Is there a loving way in which i can tell someone who rejects the gospel that they are going to end up in eternal torment ?.

If not how do i tell someone they are going to fry ?

Can you give an example where Jesus clearly lovingly said if you reject me you are going to eternal torment ?

I know the scriptures say "that if we reject Jesus we reject God" , but how can you get from that that , that He says if you reject me you are bound for eternal torment ?.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Is there a loving way in which i can tell someone who rejects the gospel that they are going to end up in eternal torment ?.
The duty of the Christian is to be ready, to be ready and willing to give an answer to any person that has in interest in the hope I have.

That is my duty as a Christian.
This is so in the final Judgment I don't get called to account for the fact that God sent someone to me to hear the message of salvation that can be ours in Christ, only to have me too busy to give the person the time of day.

So I try to be ready to go with as best an answer about my hope as I can be.

But I should never consider that rejecting my answers means that the person will 'never" be born again and find personal salvation.
If a person starts to believe that the people that disagree with him are doomed unless the agree right here and now?...that smacks almost of being like a cult.

What I try to remember is a little story of my past that shows me how the path some people walk to find the Lord is one where Im only the paper shuffler.

A True Story:
A JW and his wife were out going door to door in my neighborhood.
They stopped at my house while I was working on the lawnmower and my face and nose were covered in dirty oil.
I made an agreement to meet with them the next week.
They came the next week and I was more than ready.
I had print out, I had fact-sheets, I had 12 different Bibles, and I had a video to share with them.

I had practiced for 3 days solid to get ready for them.
However after our meeting I was a bit let down that they did not believe in Jesus yet.

We met the next week too.
Again I had a ton of new photocopies and a lot of hand outs from church, I also had gotten a hold of a bunch of old copies of the Watchtower, so again i was more that ready to do battle.

But yet again I was a bit disappointed that they left my house still not believing in the christian God.

The next week I went over to their house for the Bible study,
This by the way, was the first time in their Kingdom halls history that a JW had ever had a Christian knock on their door for a Bible meeting!

Once again I had a bunch of new printouts, and I even gave them their own new copy of my NIV Study Bible as a gift.
I shared them what I had to show, I gave them all the handouts and photos copies.
But I again walked out of their house feeling a bit let down,,,they still didn't believe.

a month goes By and I suddenly see them in my churches "New Believers" class!
I asked him what had changed his mind and how did he become a christian?
(I really wanted to know what did i say, what argument had I used that did the trick?)
I talked to him and he said that every day after our many meetings his 25 year old Christian daughter would come over to his house, read all the papers I had dropped off, and went over things with him about how the Watchtower had truly been using to him all that time.

In other words...My job in their salvation story was to.....drop off papers for his daughter to use as she witnessed to him.

I thought my witnessing was the most important part of our meetings, but it turns out it was my home photo copier that was the most important part I played in this story....

I just shuffled the paper for her.

So to answer the question.

I witness to people all the time that I bump into and see that they clearly lack any faith in the truth at all.
However I dare not say that a person cant find the truth after we finish talking because I just don't see the whole path they are walking.

Perhaps I will say something that helps them find their Lord, but perhaps I am only there to hand them a glass of water, or show them the way to someone else who God had put there to do the heavy lifting in their salvation story.

so.
In the end, I might be talking with a person and I notice they have no faith at all in the Bible or the Christian Jesus..
Will they fry for ever?..oh yes, big time.
There is no doubt about it...

But only if they die tonight, and no one I have ever witnessed to actually did die that very same night....
So I got to keep things in perspective.

So, .I never know for sure if you might find salvation in the next 10 years of the unknown future or not....
I just have to pray you do....and try to live my life so that my efforts can be blessed by God and used to his glory,,,even if it's just to turn on a photocopier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity