U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,487,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
You want to know about us? Oh I was under the impression that you wanted everyone else to know about you.

So here is another question.

What would you like to know about others here?
While a topic like this is my way of getting to know people...the idea of getting to "know people" carries with it the context that they will also get to know me too.
--------------------
as for what I would like to know about people?

Umm, how about the interesting stuff?

----------------------------

Or..
Perhaps knowing that i have a bible verse to support all of my views I would like to see if anyone who disagrees with me can also back their views with as stong a case from the Bible as I do?

----------------------

Or what types of jokes they think are the most funny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,814,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
While a topic like this is my way of getting to know people...the idea of getting to "know people" carries with it the context that they will also get to know me too.
--------------------
as for what I would like to know about people?

Umm, how about the interesting stuff?

----------------------------

Or..
Perhaps knowing that i have a bible verse to support all of my views I would like to see if anyone who disagrees with me can also back their views with as stong a case from the Bible as I do?

----------------------

Or what types of jokes they think are the most funny?

Wrong. You still never gave me chapter and verse that says the cutting of women's hair is no longer an issue. Let me put it this way. I want a verse showing that it has an expiration date. I had this hair and clothes thing drilled in my head for 14 years in the UPC I so miserably sat in. (just to please my spouse no less!)

Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Wrong. You still never gave me chapter and verse that says the cutting of woman's hair is no longer an issue.
Yes I did...

Now Im not sure that what I posted is still up on the forum, (There has been a few changes to that topic) but I did teach and post on this topic , and showed you how the length of hair, cut or uncut is a moot point.

I showed how in one verse it is said that for a man to have long hair is a shame, yet in another verse we see that in order to draw closer to God a man should not cut his hair and should grow it long.

This seemingly "contradiction" points out to churches that hold to the rule that no girl can ever cut their hair, that there actually is no sin in the act of cutting hair at all..

The only thing important is the heart of the person with the hair.

The same is true for cutting girls hair or not.

In one verse it says that it is a shame to cut a girls hair, then in another it talks about how cutting a girls hair will be a sign that they have drawn closer to god.

Again this apparent "contradiction" is cleared up once you understand that we are not talking about hair at all, but rather we are talking about submitting to the headship of the father or the husband...

The hair length is moot, all it is is an outward symbol of the inner heart.

In my answer I listed chapter and verse to back up this teaching....

Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
I had this hair and clothes thing drilled in my head for 14 years in the UPC
The problems with the UPC are a lot more important than your hair...

They are a non-Christian cult.
Their followers are lost.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:37 AM

If you have gotten out of the UPC...then I thank God for that...I truly do...

For I know a little of what that must have been like to live under as I have friends in Seattle who still cant break free of the UPC teachings...

Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 AM

I will be back in 10 hours....please post any questions for me and I give my word to answer them all very soonest...

Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,814,915 times
I know we all rag on you about feeling sorry for your wife. But I have the feeling you treat her very well and not like a child at all. So my question is just that....do you treat her very well?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM

42 posts, read 72,301 times
Who/What created god?
Who/what created the creator of god?
and so on and so on, u get the point,

If god is said to just be, and was not created, and just always was,
why cant life not have a creator and just is or just be?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
He must have lost his watch, it's been about 30 hours at this point.

But yea, how demeaning are you to your wife, is she allowed to post on forums, etc.?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
NASA Mars mission

I totally disagree with the current plans and means that NASA has to go to Mars.

1st, I dont think we should be even planning a mars mission yet until we master long-term spaceflight on the space station without constant refueling and cargo shipments.

I think a better way to explor Mars would be to send a lot more unmanned missions to really get to know all parts of that world.
I think that the next unmanned mission should be a sample return mission.
I also think in 3 years we should have a balloon in orbit about the surface of mars so that we can get a very sharp bird's eye view of the land.
Actually alan, I agree with you on this. What we, mankind, learn, vs the $$$ spent is huge for the little rovers now exploring Mars.

Balloon in orbit? what's that? Satellites in orbit work just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity