U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:56 AM

3,067 posts, read 3,488,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Could you come to June's house and help her clean?
Yes, but I see myself in more of a supervisor role in that endeavor...
I'm more of a "Quality Control Officer", when it comes to bathroom maintenance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:01 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,451,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Mark 9:24
24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

That's a nice passage, Alan. Thanks!

(Now about your coming over and assisting June with the cleainng...???)...

Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

So definitely will be praying without ceasing ....June, for y'all, especially in the areas of hang overs, sleep deprivation, and so forth...

Have a wonderful time....
Oh dear Lord, don't you know it, my dear!!!

June cannot deal without sleep!

June cannot deal with drunkeness! (Well, maybe on a rare occasion that happens to warrant it...)

And June most definately cannot deal with any hangover!

June's thinking this might just call for "down on your knees" caliber praying here, Latte!

S.O.S.~!!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
That's a nice passage, Alan. Thanks!

(Now about your coming over and assisting June with the cleainng...???)...
Let me pray about it right now...

"Oh Lord, if it is your will that I stay home and that I not go over to June's house and clean her bathroom , please give me no sign at all".............................................. .................................................. .......................................
Thy will be done.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Default Desperate Atheist Caves Under Pressure:

Quote:
Let me pray about it right now...

"Oh Lord, if it is your will that I stay home and that I not go over to June's house and clean her bathroom , please give me no sign at all".............................................. .................................................. .......................................
Thy will be done.
Now Alan, listen to June, now!

June is desperate. June just peeked into her son's bedroom, and well, let it suffice to say, it was a harrowing sight! June would need a full fledged Task Force to get that cleaned up by 5:00 today!

June's at the breaking point. June will herself get down on her knees and pray if you'll get your Alan Molstad self over here. FAST!

P.S. Oh, and don't forget to bring the Tilex!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 AM

I should go over some of the topics I have posted on in the past, and the position on the issues raised that I have taken...

#1 - Evolution?
I have no problem with any of the teachings of evolution.
I believe that the teachings have enough support in science to make them the only teachings allowed in the school room.
I have also no problem with an earth that is millions of years old,m and of a universe that is untold billions of years old.
I view of Genesis is that in my point of view, it works well with both an old earth and with evolution.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Now Alan, listen to June, now!

June is desperate. ....
Yes, but I have only some standard advice to give out that I hand out to all people in such situations....

"Turn off the computer"

Remember God feeds the birds, but the bird still has to leave the nest and go hunt down the worm.
(It's not like the bird can ask the worm to drop by)

Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, but I have only some standard advice to give out that I hand out to all people in such situations....

"Turn off the computer"

Remember God feeds the birds, but the bird still has to leave the nest and go hunt down the worm.
(It's not like the bird can ask the worm to drop by)
Uh, we talkin' geese birds here, Alan?

Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 AM

#2- Gay Marriage

Totally against the idea of a gay "marriage"
However I got no problems with the Gays forming life-long legal partnerships that have all the same rights and protections given to straight marrieds.

I believe we should reserve two terms to make sure we understand who is getting marred.

"Married" should be a term only used to speak of a life-long legal union between two people of different sex.

"Civil Unions" should be a term only used to speak of a life-long legal union between wo people of the SAME sex.

I have no problem with the gays being able to enter into legal Civil Unions, and therefore then allowed to receive SS payments , or to adopt a child, or to be listed as a family member in official forms.

I consider being Gay a sin,,I consider the very fact that a person is gay to mark that person out as a sinner.
However I also believe they should receive the same protections under our American Laws as to Straight people.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:34 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,044,564 times
Quote:
Oh dear Lord, don't you know it, my dear!!!

June cannot deal without sleep!

June cannot deal with drunkeness! (Well, maybe on a rare occasion that happens to warrant it...)

And June most definately cannot deal with any hangover!

June's thinking this might just call for "down on your knees" caliber praying here, Latte!

S.O.S.~!!!!
Oh, the.....S.O.S !

S-end... O-ver.... S-aints......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity