Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,052 times

Advertisements

I got rained off the job today.
Now I got 12 hours to fill, and with all the wind and rain there is no way Im going outside today.
The house is cleaned up, I did the dishes, I fed my fish...
I turn on the computer but most of the forum topics are getting a bit long in the tooth.

My wife is sleeping, the dogs and cats seem to be happy to also sleep...and I need something fun to talk about for the next few hours while Im on the computer.

Thus, if anyone has a nice little question to ask me, I got the free time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 07:31 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Okay, it is a slow day here too..So far.
Question for Alan..Lets see
Got one!
What else do you do on a slow day besides that wonderful washing the dishes thing for your wife

Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,802 times
HI alan , here's a small one!!! We are coming to visit your great country in November-December
We are a family of Mum Dad and 2, 20 something sons. Our Trip will include driving from Buffalo thru KY to Memphis to Orlando Fl then back north to Baltimore . We have 25 days. Sounds a lot but us Aussies are used to long drives. We know the normal tourist things DC, Elvis, Disney world, but there are a hell of a lot of other things to see and do. So I am after a list of the "must sees" along the way.
Interests are Sport, cars, military, technology and cottage craft (for the wife) One other question will the NC end of the blue ridge parkway be drivable around thanksgiving?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
What else do you do on a slow day besides that wonderful washing the dishes thing for your wife
I have one long-term goal today...

I need to sweep out my garage and put the cars in so everything is checked out and ready for winter.

Oh, and then a friend from my Kumdo class might drop by for a beer...

aside from that, my schedule is not all that "pressing"...LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under dude View Post
HI alan , here's a small one!!! We are coming to visit your great country in November-December
.....One other question will the NC end of the blue ridge parkway be drivable around thanksgiving?
America is a big country....
I dont have a clue about what roads will or will not be open when you are on the road...

And given the time of year you will be here, my advice is to take your time and slow down.

and speaking of that.
If you are going to be in Buffalo in December and perhaps January, I would make sure you got some good snow tires on the car and that you keep the gas tank full, and carry a few blankets in the trunk...

(Remember when driving on icy roads, always use the car's cruse control to keep your speed up. If you start to slide out of control, just stomp down hard on the breaks with both feet...that always works!)

Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
What did you have for breakfast ?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
What is your temperature?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by down under dude View Post
We are a family of Mum Dad and 2, 20 something sons. Our Trip will include driving from Buffalo thru KY to Memphis to Orlando Fl then back north to Baltimore . We have 25 days. Sounds a lot but us Aussies are used to long drives. We know the normal tourist things DC, Elvis, Disney world, but there are a hell of a lot of other things to see and do. So I am after a list of the "must sees" along the way.
Interests are Sport, cars, military, technology and cottage craft (for the wife) One other question will the NC end of the blue ridge parkway be drivable around thanksgiving?
When I saw Kentucky and cars, I immediately thought of the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Pretty drive this time of the year, too.

350 Corvette Drive, Bowling Green KY 42101
corvettemuseum.com

Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What did you have for breakfast ?
Started off with hot oatmeal and toast..
(This was about 5:30 this morning when I still felt we may work today)

Then about an hour later my wife came home from her work and I made us both some left over walleye that I had for dinner last night.

Now within the last hour I have also made some rice, then heated the rice on the stove and added ketchup to it, then put some scrambled eggs on top of that...
(See youTube videos of this being served in the movie Tampopo
YouTube - Tampopo - rice omelet )

Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
That's what i had Oatmeal and toast ,Publix Date raisin and Walnut to be precise and 2 slices of Publix 5 grain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity