U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Reputation: 895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
that is the strawman. I don't argue about baptism, millianist, preterist, speaking in tongues, regeneration before repentance, once saved always saved, and so much more. These are non essentials which should not be wrangled over but the essentials is where we draw the line as far as labeling someone a heretic or abhorrent teacher.

So as you can see we don't wrangle over everything, calling them a heretic. So please stop exaggerating because it is not true.
Whatever ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Location: New England
32,039 posts, read 21,011,690 times
Reputation: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Roman Catholic church is apostate. It is false christianity and is the Mystery Babylon spoken of in Revelation. It is Satanic to the core and will be a part of the world religious system that manifests itself after the rapture of the true church. That is, the body of Believers in Christ. The true church is also called the bride of Christ.
And the Protestant church is one of her daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Roman Catholic church is apostate. It is false christianity and is the Mystery Babylon spoken of in Revelation. It is Satanic to the core and will be a part of the world religious system that manifests itself after the rapture of the true church. That is, the body of Believers in Christ. The true church is also called the bride of Christ.
Yet you believe in eternal damnation which was invented by the pagan Christians in Rome and only made orthodox by the Roman Catholics in the six century when it was championed by the ex-mandean Augustine ... And you refuse to believe the gospel as it was originally taught by the vast majority of early Christians in the first six centuries because your traditional indoctrination says its not true ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Roman Catholic church is apostate. It is false christianity and is the Mystery Babylon spoken of in Revelation. It is Satanic to the core and will be a part of the world religious system that manifests itself after the rapture of the true church. That is, the body of Believers in Christ. The true church is also called the bride of Christ.
By the way, i agree the roman catholic church is in large part the mystery Babylon ... You might be surprised how many things we actually do agree on. However, just for your information ... Guess who the harlots are that the mystery Babylon is the mother of? That's right ... The fundamentalist protestant denominations ...

Revelation 17:5
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 PM
 
21,601 posts, read 16,586,877 times
Reputation: 8550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
By the way, i agree the roman catholic church is in large part the mystery Babylon ... You might be surprised how many things we actually do agree on. However, just for your information ... Guess who the harlots are that the mystery Babylon is the mother of? That's right ... The fundamentalist protestant denominations ...

Revelation 17:5
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Denominations are not authorized by the word of God. The gathering together of believers under the teaching ministry of a pastor/teacher for the purpose of learning and fellowship is. In every generation, God sees to it that correct Biblical teaching is available to those who seek it.

When the rapture occurs, those who are members of the body of Christ will be resurrected. Those who are not will remain behind. There will be those in the Catholic church who nevertheless are actually believers in Christ and there will be those in protestant church groups who have not believed in Christ and will be left behind. The Lord knows whose are His.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Denominations are not authorized by the word of God. The gathering together of believers under the teaching ministry of a pastor/teacher for the purpose of learning and fellowship is. In every generation, God sees to it that correct Biblical teaching is available to those who seek it.

When the rapture occurs, those who are members of the body of Christ will be resurrected. Those who are not will remain behind. There will be those in the Catholic church who nevertheless are actually believers in Christ and there will be those in protestant church groups who have not believed in Christ and will be left behind. The Lord knows whose are His.

Non-denominationalism is still a denomination. Your teachings are basically the same minus a few minor issues of works and the like. But when it comes down to the core practices and beliefs, its all the same. As a matter of fact i can tell by your posts that you are a dispensationlist after the mind of clarence larkin, whether or not you are aware of that i cannot say. And Clarence Larkin was a southern baptist. I have all of his books and agree with him on many things, but he remains in error on many other issues as well.

If you would open your heart to the fact that eternal damnation is an abomination, perhaps God could deal with you on some of you pagan beliefs and their actual derivation. But perhaps you are to afraid to actually study anything other that whatever you have been programmed to believe because you cant trust God to reveal the truth to you through any other means. Anyone who thinks God who is love would allow anyone to be tortured for ever is missing something very important. And that is an understanding about what love really is to begin with.

I am not saying that because a person practices organized religion that they are not true Christians, many are simply ignorant of history and the false doctrines which crept into the church in the last 1700 years. But the ones who are aware and continue to perpetrate these lies will certainly rue the day, they will be saved, yet so as by fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
 
21,601 posts, read 16,586,877 times
Reputation: 8550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Non-denominationalism is still a denomination. Your teachings are basically the same minus a few minor issues of works and the like. But when it comes down to the core practices and beliefs, its all the same. As a matter of fact i can tell by your posts that you are a dispensationlist after the mind of clarence larkin, whether or not you are aware of that i cannot say. And Clarence Larkin was a southern baptist. I have all of his books and agree with him on many things, but he remains in error on many other issues as well.

If you would open your heart to the fact that eternal damnation is an abomination, perhaps God could deal with you on some of you pagan beliefs and their actual derivation. But perhaps you are to afraid to actually study anything other that whatever you have been programmed to believe because you cant trust God to reveal the truth to you through any other means. Anyone who thinks God who is love would allow anyone to be tortured for ever is missing something very important. And that is an understanding about what love really is to begin with.

I am not saying that because a person practices organized religion that they are not true Christians, many are simply ignorant of history and the false doctrines which crept into the church in the last 1700 years. But the ones who are aware and continue to perpetrate these lies will certainly rue the day, they will be saved, yet so as by fire.

Many denominations share many of the same basic doctrines while in other doctrines, they vary.

Donominations are bound together by those beliefs and which are formalized in writing. The pastors are required to adhere to the beliefs of the particular denomination in question and are not allowed to teach anything different then what is accepted by that denomination. There may be exceptions to that, I don't know since I have nothing to do with them.

An independent local doctrinal church has a, or should have; many don't; a prepared pastor/teacher who has years of seminary training in the original languages, has learned how to properly exegete the scriptures; who digs into the Bible for hours at a time digging out the doctrines on his own and presenting them in an isagogical, categorical, and exegetical manner to his congregation. He is not bound by some organizational charter or mandate to teach some denominational teaching. He is responsible only to God for responsibly utililizing His spiritual gift of pastor/teacher in the feeding of his flock for their edification and spiritual growth. The pastor who does this has a crown waiting for him which is just for the pastor, which will be awarded him at the judgment seat of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Many denominations share many of the same basic doctrines while in other doctrines, they vary.

Donominations are bound together by those beliefs and which are formalized in writing. The pastors are required to adhere to the beliefs of the particular denomination in question and are not allowed to teach anything different then what is accepted by that denomination. There may be exceptions to that, I don't know since I have nothing to do with them.

An independent local doctrinal church has a, or should have; many don't; a prepared pastor/teacher who has years of seminary training in the original languages, has learned how to properly exegete the scriptures; who digs into the Bible for hours at a time digging out the doctrines on his own and presenting them in an isagogical, categorical, and exegetical manner to his congregation. He is not bound by some organizational charter or mandate to teach some denominational teaching. He is responsible only to God for responsibly utililizing His spiritual gift of pastor/teacher in the feeding of his flock for their edification and spiritual growth. The pastor who does this has a crown waiting for him which is just for the pastor, which will be awarded him at the judgment seat of Christ.
Thats interesting you should say that... My father is an ordained minister and has been all my natural life and he went through many many years of seminary, only to discover later that they were just as full of hot air there. And he would blow you out of the water in regard exegesis. And he would deny all your arguments for eternal damnation. How many years of seminary did you have by the way?

And an even greater man in regard his education and scholarly knowledge of the word is Andrew Jukes, read his work "The Restitution Of All Things" and then come and talk to me about proper exegesis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,831,093 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Non-denominationalism is still a denomination.

If non-denominational churches were "another denomination", then they would all believe and teach the same doctrine. They don't. Instead they have widely differing beliefs, practices, and doctrines, so they cannot be "another denomination". Call them another denomination if you want, but good luck convincing others about that...


Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2009, 04:38 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,705,931 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
a prepared pastor/teacher who has years of seminary training in the original languages, has learned how to properly exegete the scriptures; who digs into the Bible for hours at a time digging out the doctrines on his own and presenting them in an isagogical, categorical, and exegetical manner to his congregation.
Acts 4:13 "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top