U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM

241 posts, read 332,552 times

Advertisements

Sure Christ died for the whole world (John 3:16). There was nothing that man could do to redeem himself back to God, so this is the reason for sending his only Son Jesus to a sinful world to die, so that everyone who has reached the age of accountability might be saved. God has no respect of persons (Rom 2:11). It is God's will that "all" men be saved (1Tim. 2:4), but "all" men will not be saved (Matt. 7:13-14). Man has to do something to receive the salvation that is in Christ Jesus. I personally don't have nothing against the people themselves in any other religion, but there is false doctrine out there and I do have a problem with that because God does (Matt. 15:9; Heb. 13:9; 2 John 9).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 PM

8 posts, read 8,829 times
Default look3467

I LOVE IT! They're are alot of people searching. A few are reading these forums. I must admit if I didn't have a clue about christ these forums would really intimidate me. Please be mindful lost souls are clicking onto to these forums and finding christians expression their division because of the name on a building. Romans 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the CHURCHES OF CHRIST (called out assemblies of the MESSIAH) greet you. I came on this forum because I was confused about the church I've always known all of my life. My curiousity grew when I was invited to a friend's church. It was a feeling that I have never experienced! So, I decided to do research on the church of christ. Somethings are not true but alot of it is from my experience.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:33 PM

8 posts, read 8,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
Sure Christ died for the whole world (John 3:16). There was nothing that man could do to redeem himself back to God, so this is the reason for sending his only Son Jesus to a sinful world to die, so that everyone who has reached the age of accountability might be saved. God has no respect of persons (Rom 2:11). It is God's will that "all" men be saved (1Tim. 2:4), but "all" men will not be saved (Matt. 7:13-14). Man has to do something to receive the salvation that is in Christ Jesus. I personally don't have nothing against the people themselves in any other religion, but there is false doctrine out there and I do have a problem with that because God does (Matt. 15:9; Heb. 13:9; 2 John 9).
Please ellaborate on the False Doctrine.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 AM

5,220 posts, read 5,573,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedcocmember View Post
Please ellaborate on the False Doctrine.
I believe the false doctrine takes place when people are told that they be saved when they say the sinners prayer. The bible clearly teaches that there has to be faithful obiedience. That include repentance, confession of faith and baptism. Many evangelicals don't teach the right thing when it comes to salvation. Another false doctrine is the rapture and once saved always saved.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM

1,240 posts, read 1,022,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. sr. View Post
I agreed with you for a long time, since that was my view to a "T".
But since I have grown in knowledge and experience, what I explained in my previous posts is now my current view.

It takes one to cancel one. One minus one equals zero.

Yet, if of the second one a new one is created, then the new second, is a final one, without a second to end it or cancel it.

If you can understand what I just said above, you will see exactly what the works of God were, and are, and shall always be.

Since they are the works of God, mankind has absolutely no contribution except in being an instrument in the hands of God.

If you really want to require salvation be a result of accepting Christ, then what will you do with all the folks that lived and died from day one?

Had they a chance to know who Jesus was as you have? Of course not.

So then, God must reach them as well, just as He reached you, by the same spirit.

Now, having said all that, the issue of salvation is settled in the hands of God.
The question really, now is, do you know about it as a bit of good news?

If you do, and accept Jesus as your Savior, then you are presently saved, and that being forever.
But if not, you remain as it were until you do.

So, the responsibility to represent the will of God is on our shoulders to love our neighbor as ourselves as God has loved us.

The "church" meaning "the body" of Christ is a spiritual body inhabiting the souls of mankind, and not on any particular named organization.

Just as there is a Christ, there is also an Anti-Christ.

If a believer is in Christ, then the body of Christ is represented regardless of what name they choose to demostrate it.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-25-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I believe the false doctrine takes place when people are told that they be saved when they say the sinners prayer. The bible clearly teaches that there has to be faithful obedience. That include repentance, confession of faith and baptism. Many evangelicals don't teach the right thing when it comes to salvation. Another false doctrine is the rapture and once saved always saved.
If God saves you, what part did you have in it?
Could you add or subtract anything that God does?

The only thing you and I can do is by faith believe what God said to Us via His Son Jesus.

Suppose, you couldn't believe in Jesus because perhaps you were born in a time prior to Abraham, when God was not known by any means, what would be the state of your soul then?

You suppose that God would have allowed you to be born only to reject you forever?

Absolutely not!

God did the works of salvation with only our help in offering Jesus up on the cross.
A people chosen for that as an instrument in His hands to bring salvation to the world via Jesus, and sent to-------guess where?

Yes, you guessed it, hell. Hell being a prison where unregenerate souls were kept in waiting until which time God would liberate them.

If you lived prior to Abraham, or were even a cave man, you had absolutely no reason to believe in God, since God was not made known except for the spirit which is in all of us, and that being the conscience.

How do I know this? Because Paul gave us that information. Look-Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Until Jesus came, the Father was revealed to us, as God with us. (Immanuel)

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,790,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
If God saves you, what part did you have in it?
Could you add or subtract anything that God does?

The only thing you and I can do is by faith believe what God said to Us via His Son Jesus.
I have a serious question I would love answered by you and others, because it always seems to be overlooked.

Why is it most believe that we have to believe in order to obtain salvation, but anything other than that is a work? Why isn't believing a work then? Why say there is nothing we can do to obtain salvation, but then turn around and say we must believe?

I mean, if I say you must believe and repent, or believe and confess, or believe and be baptized, people will holler, works!!! But believing alone is not a work...(or so they say).

Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM

Confession, repentance leads us and or forces us towards redemption.

The world is our whipping boy, by it we are tried, tested and lead to a point of repentance, be it that we desire it with our spirits.

If we repent not, then we are condemned to remain in the trials without the help of God.

If one thinks that if we don't accept Christ that we will be condemned when we are condemned already, then salvation is the only means by which we can become un-condemned.

If God offers His righteousness as a gift over our own righteousness, then it matters not what you do except for recognizing it with faith.

Division is a means towards unity.

Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Why then would He also say: Luk 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Sounds like maybe a contradiction, or is there a deeper meaning?

In our divisions, let us recognize the love of God and therfore become united in His Love.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 PM

9,583 posts, read 20,456,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
In our divisions, let us recognize the love of God and therfore become united in His Love.

Unity through Division is NOT a New Testament principal and Jesus saying "I did not come to bring peace" has nothing to do with division among the believers.

Jesus says in John 17:20

"" Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me ""

^ Jesus even goes as far as saying that division among the believers makes it harder to believe that he was the Messiah!!

Paul also exhorts the Corinthian church in 1 Corinthians 1:10...

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I have a serious question I would love answered by you and others, because it always seems to be overlooked.

Why is it most believe that we have to believe in order to obtain salvation, but anything other than that is a work? Why isn't believing a work then? Why say there is nothing we can do to obtain salvation, but then turn around and say we must believe?

I mean, if I say you must believe and repent, or believe and confess, or believe and be baptized, people will holler, works!!! But believing alone is not a work...(or so they say).
My simplest explanation is this:
A parent must dictate to a child the path the child ought to take in order for the child to be protected from all outside influences.

Similarly, all new believers, regardless of which denomination they belong to are directed to believe certain things which will keep them in line as babes.

But as the child grows, and takes on the task of finding truth, the child will be lead a path towards that truth as a matter of experience, thus gaining or digressing in spiritual strength depending on motive.

Obtaining salvation is something to be known by reason of hearing:Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Other than that, how would you know?

After Peter had recieved the baptism, of the spirit of God he said:
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

So, it is encouraged to believe in God via His Son Jesus, for God has gifted us with His righteousness for our salvation.

The encouragement then is the good news of that.

Now, repentance really means a change of mind, from the old way of thinking to the new way of thinking, in terms of the things of God matter more than the things of the world, which we know are only temporary.

The work part of salvation is in that when one comes into the good news of salvation, the work beginis to make the changes to conform to Gods will.

There can be no progress in work done without first receiving the knowledge of the spirit of God in us to effect the beginnings of that work.

If God provides salvation for you, then you can cease from your works towards that end.
That means finding rest from your works which God has already provided for you, say you happen to learn of it.

If you happen to learn of it by a friend, a preacher, a church or by whatever means God chooses to call you in, and you should recieve it with joy, then your work has just begun.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or