Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
I believe we must believe (John 3:16, John 8:24)
I believe we must repent (Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30)
I believe we must confess Him with our mouth (Romans 10:9-10, Matt 10:32)
I believe we must be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21, Rom 6:3-6, Gal 3:27, etc)
I believe we must remain faithful until death (Rev. 2:10)

(of course if we sin, and we will, we must confess our sin and he will cleanse us continually 1 John 1:7-9)
Very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
From time to time I have questioned if I had understood things correctly about my old COC friends?
But from even a short time on this forum where I have read the words of many current COC members, I see that they have not changed a bit....
I know you said "many current COC members", but I wonder, will you at least admit that there are also many members that do not harp on the name on the building, but rather care what is being taught inside?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:54 PM

309 posts, read 511,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I know you said "many current COC members", but I wonder, will you at least admit that there are also many members that do not harp on the name on the building, but rather care what is being taught inside?
I will agree with you on that however, will disagree with the teachings on the inside.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times
Quote:
I know you said "many current COC members", but I wonder, will you at least admit that there are also many members that do not harp on the name on the building,
around here?

On this forum?

I think if you take even a short look at some of the posts that attacked me on this topic, you will see that if there are any COC members that consider the "name issue" no big deal, they sure are not found here!

Here, on this forum, on this topic, the NAME is what it's all about...

and that is why I dropped going to my COC in Bellevue wa.

I just felt that while I could get over the music thingy, the way the NAME ISSUE had really worked to bring out a nasty side of people, left me knowing that I had to go.

I really did not want to end up like they were...so i left.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 PM

One of the reasons I clicked on this topic a long time ago was to check on something.

I have always questioned if I really was judging the COC members I knew correctly?
Was i so sure they were like what i think they were like?

Could I have misunderstood?

So I clicked on this topic and had a look, and bumped SMACK into the same types I had left behind so many years ago.

They have not changed, and Im so glad I got out when i did...

Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
around here?

On this forum?

I think if you take even a short look at some of the posts that attacked me on this topic, you will see that if there are any COC members that consider the "name issue" no big deal, they sure are not found here!

Here, on this forum, on this topic, the NAME is what it's all about...

and that is why I dropped going to my COC in Bellevue wa.

I just felt that while I could get over the music thingy, the way the NAME ISSUE had really worked to bring out a nasty side of people, left me knowing that I had to go.

I really did not want to end up like they were...so i left.
No, not just on this forum. There are what, less than 10 people who are members of the COC on here? I'm talking by and large. While there are some people still stuck on the name of the building, there are some who couldn't care less, as long as what is being taught inside is scriptural.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
I will agree with you on that however, will disagree with the teachings on the inside.
Fair enough.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
No, not just on this forum. There are what, less than 10 people who are members of the COC on here? .
To tell the truth, I only knew about 10 members of the Bellevue COC that close as well...

What are the odds they would turn out to be so much alike?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
To tell the truth, I only knew about 10 members of the Bellevue COC that close as well...

What are the odds they would turn out to be so much alike?
I love how you skirt around the question...lol. It's not that hard Alan. I'd just like you to admit there are members of the COC that do not harp on the name that is on the building, but rather care about what is being taught inside.

If I go to a church that reads "Jesus' Church" on the building, and they are teaching scriptural things inside, then I couldn't care less what the name reads.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:

If I go to a church that reads "Jesus' Church" on the building, and they are teaching scriptural things inside, then I couldn't care less what the name reads.
what about "Bert"?
What about the word "Luther"?

Does it matter a hoot what name is on the sign stuck out in the lawn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity