Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:36 AM

7,708 posts, read 12,558,763 times

Advertisements

I was in church today and dozed off a little here and there. We're all human. Lol. But it was a great service and afterward everyone was hugging each other and talking and laughing and just being blessed! I realized during the service that these are the kind of people I want to be around. I love my church family. We're all children of God and we all help each other in times of distress and we love each other. What else do you need? I realized I don't need negative people in my life at this point. I don't need atheist, satanist, anarchist, etc around me. And at my school, these people exist. Some are even my friends which I'm getting ready to drop. Seriously. I no longer have time to play these games. I can't be associating with people who are against everything I stand and believe for. It's because these people are so "nice" in their personalities is why we get along and connect. But it's not working out for me. I want to be around my fellow Christians for a long time. I don't want to deal with people involved in occult practices ever again. Sorry but this is how I feel. I'm not playing with the Lord anymore.

(Deep Breathe) Just had to vent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,562,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I was in church today and dozed off a little here and there. We're all human. Lol. But it was a great service and afterward everyone was hugging each other and talking and laughing and just being blessed! I realized during the service that these are the kind of people I want to be around. I love my church family. We're all children of God and we all help each other in times of distress and we love each other. What else do you need? I realized I don't need negative people in my life at this point. I don't need atheist, satanist, anarchist, etc around me. And at my school, these people exist. Some are even my friends which I'm getting ready to drop. Seriously. I no longer have time to play these games. I can't be associating with people who are against everything I stand and believe for. It's because these people are so "nice" in their personalities is why we get along and connect. But it's not working out for me. I want to be around my fellow Christians for a long time. I don't want to deal with people involved in occult practices ever again. Sorry but this is how I feel. I'm not playing with the Lord anymore.

Is this a badly needed advert for observing Sundays?

Old 04-04-2010, 11:48 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,978,750 times
Quote:

Good luck!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,480,126 times
Quote:

It's great that you love those at church....

Jesus seem to handle being friends with all types of people rather well...IMO why then can't you? You are turning down 'nice' people simply because of their belief... I believe if you were an employer that would be discrimination...Also... David Koresh thought it best his congregation not be exposed to other people's beliefs ... sometimes that is NOT a good thing..

But... to each his own. Good luck.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:03 PM

9,670 posts, read 9,946,511 times
In Matthew 19:29-30..... Jesus said..``And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mothers, or wife, or children, or lands, for my names sake shall receive an hundredfold and shall inherit everlasting life........... many that are first shall be last and the last shall be first``.........Just bless thoughs people in you prayers and never visit them again and pray for the hundrend fold return and make the 180 degree turn from the occult and Jesus will remove the world off you faster then you might think...........Glory to God.....

Old 04-04-2010, 04:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,542,919 times
LUCK means CHANCE!

In GOD'S DIVINE PLAN...chance is "NOT"

I believe...therefore...I don't subscribe to it...

Old 04-04-2010, 06:33 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,680,659 times
I'm sure you serve as a good example to your non-Christian friends,however,do what you feel you must.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,416,568 times
Quote:

"I'm not playing with the Lord anymore"................. Times short, obey and submit, He will lead you where He needs you to be, amen? In other words....write His words across your heart allenk893, so that when you come up against the enemy, no weapons is formed against you! NONE! There are places where He may call you to walk, but you may not feel like walking, but WALK YOU MUST!

This life of serving GOD honestly and faithfully is not one without burdens my friend. It's ESPECIALLY when you make up you're mind to serve Him, that is when the enemy seeks to kill and destroy you. It's a road that is not easy to walk, and if any one tells you any different ..........

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Luke 5:32) You're gonna have to go where He sends you, whether you like it or not.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 04-04-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,582,561 times
What people don't understand is that it depends on the strength of the Christian. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and if you feel yourself getting sucked in to sin or someone else's belief or lifestyle then it's definitely the right thing to not be close friends with them. It's nothing personal, but we have to protect ourselves and our salvation. It's best to associate with Christians only.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,680,659 times
I agree Illene,that's why I said what I did.And not knowing his friends,either,he is the only one who can decide what is best for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity