U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:13 PM

48 posts, read 83,202 times

Advertisements

Wondering what people here think of the Church of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 02:33 PM

ttt

Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,442 times
any questions?

post #41

Old 10-04-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post

WOW!!

What makes you think they are crazy? Is there view of strictness of worship?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM

1,240 posts, read 1,022,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida32 View Post
Wondering what people here think of the Church of Christ.
My view is the same is with any other denomination, and that is that we are all at different levels of faith, brought up in different beliefs and have one common ground: A conscience towards God one way or the other.

If what is in your heart as a believer in God is to do good towards your neighbor and your enemies as prescribed God, then you are doing what you need to do to gain His blessings.

If the Church of Christ meets your needs, then that is where you belong, if not, then a search is an option.

Blessings, AJ

Old 10-04-2009, 03:38 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,197,034 times
The Church ofChrist is a non-denominational, autonomous church that strictly follows the bible..They claim that "Where the bible is silent, we are silent"..They believe in order to be saved one must hear, believe, repent, amd be baptized by immersion..There is a very long thread that may help you with any questions here
Church of Christ?

Old 10-04-2009, 04:17 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,808,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The Church ofChrist is a non-denominational, autonomous church that strictly follows the bible..They claim that "Where the bible is silent, we are silent"..They believe in order to be saved one must hear, believe, repent, amd be baptized by immersion..There is a very long thread that may help you with any questions here
Church of Christ?
strickly follows the bible....what verse says we must be baptized by immersion to be saved....
strickly follows the bible.... do a word search on chose\choose in a Bible program and a see who does the choosing.....if that's not off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-04-2009 at 05:02 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,197,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
strickly follows the bible....what verse says we must be baptized by immersion to be saved....
strickly follows the bible.... do a word search on chose\choose in a Bible program and a see who does the choosing.....if that's not off topic

I am no longer associated with them for many reasons..That is why I gave the op the link to the thread There are many CofC members posting there..

Old 10-04-2009, 05:11 PM

11,672 posts, read 13,870,759 times
One of my grandfathers was a Church of Christ pastor. I grew up in a Church of Christ in my small home town. I am no longer a member.

CoC believes in following the bible. Depending on the branch, there are varying levels of strict rules. I remember my mom telling me as a child that she was not allowed to dance or watch dancing / musical acts on tv. In the church I was raised in, this was not the case. The members were just very down to earth, wholesome people (being in a small town helped that).

I can't tell you what it's like nowdays, but it is not a cult like people often think. I had one person ask me if we worshipped with snakes. lol. Weird. It is often confused with the Church of God - which I think has the whole snake thing down.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,486,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida32 View Post
WOW!!

What makes you think they are crazy?
Not crazy...they are...kinda crazy.

They are normal in almost every way, and then just have a few weird things that make a person go , "What the heck?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or