U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do personal Christian testimonies have relevance?
Yes 23 82.14%
No 1 3.57%
Not sure 4 14.29%
Absolutely Not 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,863,324 times

Advertisements

When you touch someone's life with genuine kindness and they ask you why and you tell them because of Jesus...there is a seed. Testimonies do not have to be spoken...they do not have to be full of detail. I voted yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 08:07 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,376,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The Gospel is one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread - so, yes I suppose - we are used.
I like this!

How about one beggar sharing his Bread with another beggar, and then telling him where to find his own, from his own experience of having found it?

Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 AM

13,467 posts, read 21,227,749 times
I think our personal testimonies are only beneficial to edify, encourage and to witness to each other (Christians) to build our faith..

To an unbeliever I think we should give a testimony only if asked..and hope that it may be a healthy seed planted in fertile soil

Just my humble opinion..

Old 10-05-2009, 08:43 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,111,632 times
When someone shares there testimony with me, as a believer, I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

That being said, very rarely, do I ever share my testimony unless asked.

Most of my own family do no know my testimony. Coming to Christ was a long journey for me, and a very personal and spiritual one.

I do believe what Little Elmer said was very poignant and true.

When I am backsliding, and I hear someone else's testimony, those times are when I feel the Spirit nudging me back on my walk.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM

21,425 posts, read 29,575,314 times
Anytime we glorify God by telling others what He has done for us, it is not wasted. God said His Word never returns void. Even though some on here try to rip what we say to shreds, I know for a fact because of DM's some are blessed by what we say.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,050,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm just curious as to what others think....Christian or not.

If you're a Christian, why do you think it's still relevant today? I mean we've seen how people get ripped to shreds when they share personal stuff here at CD so does it really serve a purpose in bringing people to Christ in today's world? Why not or how so?

If you're not a Christian, does someone's personal salvation story affect you at all? What kind of story would change your mind or is there any testimony that WOULD change your thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Anytime we glorify God by telling others what He has done for us, it is not wasted. God said His Word never returns void. Even though some on here try to rip what we say to shreds, I know for a fact because of DM's some are blessed by what we say.
Yes, I totally agree with you....ILNC!
It definitely is not a waste of time.....you just never know what God is doing in the heart of those who are listening to the message in the testimonies.....of the children of God!

Look at all those who have gone before us and are now all over the world in the mission field......and many have suffered greatly and even died for sharing their testimony for the gospel!

A big amen and yes, God's word stands on its own and never, never comes back void!
They can rip the testimony of one to shreds all they want, God is greater then the ignorance of those whom think they have been given authority to do such things....

We are to continue sharing our testimony of the gospel in Jesus Christ in our lives with other's regardless whom the hearer's are.

The one thing we have learned through the Spirit of God in our hearts is that Satan is the author of confusion, the accuser of the brethren and he definitely comes to kill, steal and destroy. Especially the testimonies of the children of God. Yet, then again, God is greater and will draw and deliver the true seeker through all the garbage of the darkness Satan tries project....

Hallelujah!!

So no matter what, continue to share with other's the testimony of the loving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God will take care of all the rest!!

Blessings

Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,461,043 times
They do and they don't. God is working in each individual in His own way at His own pace. Personal testimony can be wonderful even inspiring but it is not as powerful as God's word. I voted "No"

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM

What may work for you many not necessarily work for me.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM

21,425 posts, read 29,575,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What may work for you many not necessarily work for me.
God can take anything and make it work

Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
God can take anything and make it work
I agree but that is not the point. I believe it is inspiring but I don't believe it is needed because we all have different backgrounds, come from different walks of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity