U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on Earth
1,052 posts, read 1,411,995 times
Reputation: 711

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Did you not read my post, the second one in the thread? I thought my answer was clear and concise not to mention balanced. I don't see any evidence of the peace sign being "anti-God"
And what does that has to do with anything? You were talking about the peace sign created out of fear/anxiety/etc. I argued that your cross created along that similar line. I didn't call you out on it being anti-God or anything. Pay attention next time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:25 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,458,758 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
And what does that has to do with anything? You were talking about the peace sign created out of fear/anxiety/etc. I argued that your cross created along that similar line. I didn't call you out on it being anti-God or anything. Pay attention next time
The cross was not created for that purpose. Unfortunately you will not understand, agree nor believe that unless you become a believer as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on Earth
1,052 posts, read 1,411,995 times
Reputation: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The cross was not created for that purpose. Unfortunately you will not understand, agree nor believe that unless you become a believer as well.
Wear a swastika. Then you'll understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:28 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,458,758 times
Reputation: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Wear a swastika. Then you'll understand
I am black...why would I do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on Earth
1,052 posts, read 1,411,995 times
Reputation: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am black...why would I do that?
You could be black and still wear a swastika. I want to get one as a necklace, but I have a hard time finding one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
 
Location: right under the ceiling fan ;)
597 posts, read 1,108,534 times
Reputation: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God is our comforter and provider and there is nothing to worry about.
Hi Fundie, amen to that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Thanks to the ones who provided the info about its origin as a symbol for nuclear disarmament. I do not like witch hunts.
.
Hi Luvvark
I am with you on that, a big thanks to everyone once again for your info on this topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,695,955 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
It is a druidic symbol meaning antichrist therefore it is a symbol of witchcraft and it far older than Nuclear Disarmerment or the peace freaks.
A druid was a member of the priestly and learned class active in Gaul, and perhaps in Celtic culture more generally, during the final centuries B.C.E. They lived in the area of Great Britain and Ireland.

What, in the name of educational sanity, do you think they could have possibly known about the Middle East itself, let alone the antichrist?

I think I'm getting a brain freeze here.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Ann Arbor
138 posts, read 149,604 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
HI all,
I ask this question because so many of my brothers and sisters in Christ tell me that the peace sign is supposed to be a broken upside-down Cross, that is awful if that is the case. I see so many cute shirts with this peace symbol on them, but I refrain from buying these articles of clothing because I do NOT want to wear something that is so demonic if that is the case. Let me just say this, I would rather wear age old rags than to wear something that is so anti-God and revolting as an upside-down Cross. Please shed some light on this subject for me, is a peace sign anti-God aka demonic (broken upside-down Cross)? Thank you kindly in advance on this topic!

Look friend,

It's just a sybol. A peace symbol, as you say. Buy the cute shirt and do the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
 
Location: right under the ceiling fan ;)
597 posts, read 1,108,534 times
Reputation: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox22 View Post
Look friend,

It's just a sybol. A peace symbol, as you say. Buy the cute shirt and do the right thing.
Hi Paradox,
Will do, thank you for your advice as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit
428 posts, read 691,906 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
If you want to take that context to that point, we could do the same to the cross. Doesn't the cross also implies Satanism when viewed upside down, a blood-soaked history, and fear/anxiety that if you do not worship it, you will die unsaved?

The reason why you pray to the cross is not to worship god. It is because you fear for the afterlife and the consequences upon your soul, which is why you pray to it. To hope for salvation. To state otherwise is preposterous as there is no other reason to pray to a cross or use the cross symbol
Just had to pop in to say that this generalization is not true of all Christians. I myself am a Christian Universalist and do not believe that any will be lost at the End of All Things. I believe that God ultimately saves all and I can assure you that my reverence for the cross and love of God have nothing at all to do with fear. I know He holds the whole world in His hands. God bless.

P.S. I have never prayed to a cross and I don't know that to be a common Christian belief or practice. We pray to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top