U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:16 AM

12,519 posts, read 13,953,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
HI all,
I ask this question because so many of my brothers and sisters in Christ tell me that the peace sign is supposed to be a broken upside-down Cross, that is awful if that is the case. I see so many cute shirts with this peace symbol on them, but I refrain from buying these articles of clothing because I do NOT want to wear something that is so demonic if that is the case. Let me just say this, I would rather wear age old rags than to wear something that is so anti-God and revolting as an upside-down Cross. Please shed some light on this subject for me, is a peace sign anti-God aka demonic (broken upside-down Cross)? Thank you kindly in advance on this topic!
The symbol was designed in the 50's. It combines the semaphore signals for N and D = nuclear disarmament.

It is as "demonic" as your grannies chocolate chip cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 01:18 PM

25,924 posts, read 28,310,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8palmtrees View Post
HI all,
I ask this question because so many of my brothers and sisters in Christ tell me that the peace sign is supposed to be a broken upside-down Cross, that is awful if that is the case. I see so many cute shirts with this peace symbol on them, but I refrain from buying these articles of clothing because I do NOT want to wear something that is so demonic if that is the case. Let me just say this, I would rather wear age old rags than to wear something that is so anti-God and revolting as an upside-down Cross. Please shed some light on this subject for me, is a peace sign anti-God aka demonic (broken upside-down Cross)? Thank you kindly in advance on this topic!
IMO, ANY image can be used as a form of idolatry, including the crucifix. In general, it's best to avoid any and all t-shirts etc. with such images, whether it be the peace symbol, the crucifix, etc.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,117,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-School-Same-Rules View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned due to copyright
welcome to the forum.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-16-2012 at 09:32 AM..

Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 PM

685 posts, read 525,799 times
One paragraph among the others in your post stood out:

Quote:
Another hand signal is the Vulcan peace sign. It is supposed to mean "Live Long and Prosper," and can be seen in Star Trek.

Vulcan was a sun deity who was associated with fire, thunderbolts, and light. The festival in honour of him was called the Vulcania in which human sacrifices were offered. "According to Diel, he bears a family relationship to the Christian devil.' It is fascinating to know that he married Venus, another name for Lucifer or the devil. What is even more interesting is that Vulcan is adored in Masonry under the name of Tubal Cain. In the Masonic Quiz Book the question is asked: "Who was Tubal Cain?" The answer is: "He is the Vulcan of the pagans.''
The Vulcan hand sign is simply the blessing sign that the Kohanim use over the Torah turned 90 degrees. That you could get something so easily researched so wrong indicates the level of fact in the rest of your post.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,540,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
A druid was a member of the priestly and learned class active in Gaul, and perhaps in Celtic culture more generally, during the final centuries B.C.E. They lived in the area of Great Britain and Ireland.

What, in the name of educational sanity, do you think they could have possibly known about the Middle East itself, let alone the antichrist?

I think I'm getting a brain freeze here.......
Exactly. I am amazed. These people obviously check their heads at the door of whatever Church of What's Happening Now they frequent. A pretty quick perusal of the Symbol dictionary shows no such Druidic link, especially when you realize that the Druids antedated Christ by centuries. In fact, the only ancient image that comes remotely close is that the stem and three branches of the peace symbol when turned upside down is a rune in the Norse alphabet (Symbolizing an elk), and that was also devised before Christ was brought to Scandinavia by missionaries.

Here's the thing. Think for yourself. Use the brain God gave you, rather than base your thinking on 'what I've heard.' Read history rather than invent it. Heck, I've heard all kinds of loopy things in my life dreamed up by fools with lots of spare time on their hands. That golf balls explode if you take the covers off them. That bluejays are required to roost in hell once a fortnight. That sunshine during a rainstorm means that the Devil is beating his wife. Yet none of those things are remotely true. So when you repeat such noxious junk it really makes you, and all Christians such as myself by extension, look like knuckle-dragging neanderthals.

PS: I now realize this is a Lazarus thread. Who keeps unearthing this nonsense?

Last edited by cpg35223; 09-05-2012 at 09:17 AM..

Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 14,925,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That's news to me and I am a fundamentalist.
I knew this when I was a teenager...I am 47 now...

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM

4,610 posts, read 4,096,245 times
The Judeo-Christian god approves of war, so the peace symbol is very anti-god.

If you don't believe me, please re-read the first sentence in Numbers 31.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM

77 posts, read 57,744 times
That 'peace' sign has nothing to do with Jesus as well as Jehovah, and it has everything to do with Satan.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM

685 posts, read 525,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell93 View Post
That 'peace' sign has nothing to do with Jesus as well as Jehovah, and it has everything to do with Satan.
And that, I'm afraid, would be heiferdust. Have you even read the rest of the posts?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,014,116 times
Satanic Symbols

As I said many symbols have many meanings just like words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or