Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times

Advertisements

Can we get on to the "ankh" already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Everyone should just wear the swastika as it is a lucky sign and denotes kindness and peace (^^)b

Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No what I am saying (as usual) that the symbol represents fear, anxiety and worry through the ND movement. This movement is nothing Christians should be overly concerned with such as global warming, over population, alien invasion etc.....
Sorry.. I was confused because you specifically said:

Quote:
another thing was this symbol brought about fear, anxiety, worry about nuclear war-three things not of God.
emphasis mine..

So in your opinion it represents fear, anxiety and worry..

weird.. the symbol always just meant "peace" to me. Maybe I'm weird that peace doesn't bring about fear, anxiety or worry for me.

gotta go.. White dove attacking me..

"Damn you Satans flying rat!!!!"

Old 10-06-2009, 12:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Sorry.. I was confused because you specifically said:

emphasis mine..

So in your opinion it represents fear, anxiety and worry..

weird.. the symbol always just meant "peace" to me. Maybe I'm weird that peace doesn't bring about fear, anxiety or worry for me.

gotta go.. White dove attacking me..

"Damn you Satans flying rat!!!!"
why would be the reason to promote peace if we are not scared, worried or living in anxiety. If we didn't have those then we wouldn't need a peace symbol.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
why would be the reason to promote peace if we are not scared, worried or living in anxiety. If we didn't have those then we wouldn't need a peace symbol.
If you want to take that context to that point, we could do the same to the cross. Doesn't the cross also implies Satanism when viewed upside down, a blood-soaked history, and fear/anxiety that if you do not worship it, you will die unsaved?

The reason why you pray to the cross is not to worship god. It is because you fear for the afterlife and the consequences upon your soul, which is why you pray to it. To hope for salvation. To state otherwise is preposterous as there is no other reason to pray to a cross or use the cross symbol

Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
/Fail

Let me explain using myself as an example:

There are people dying unnecessarily throughout the world in localized conflicts (Darfur rings a bell).

Now.. I think about these things from time to time and wish they would stop but I'm so emotionally removed from the situation that I'm not:

scared or
worried or
living in anxiety..

But I do know what is going on.. and I do hope for peace.

Get it.. a cause...

for hope..

a hope..

for peace..

no anxiety..
no worry..
no scared..

Old 10-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Can we get on to the "ankh" already?
No, because the Ankh is recognized as the symbol of the people who enslaved those that were not Egyptian

Old 10-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
If you want to take that context to that point, we could do the same to the cross. Doesn't the cross also implies Satanism when viewed upside down, a blood-soaked history, and fear/anxiety that if you do not worship it, you will die unsaved?

The reason why you pray to the cross is not to worship god. It is because you fear for the afterlife and the consequences upon your soul, which is why you pray to it. To hope for salvation. To state otherwise is preposterous as there is no other reason to pray to a cross or use the cross symbol
We don't pray to the cross. I don't even have any kind of cross in my house I love God because what He has delivered me from and I only want to please Him.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
We don't pray to the cross. I don't even have any kind of cross in my house I love God because what He has delivered me from and I only want to please Him.
Yet there are crosses in your god's house. That symbol is stained with blood and should be taken down. It is the symbol that represents fear.

As for my advice to you, take symbols with a grain of salt

Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Yet there are crosses in your god's house. That symbol is stained with blood and should be taken down. It is the symbol that represents fear.

As for my advice to you, take symbols with a grain of salt
Did you not read my post, the second one in the thread? I thought my answer was clear and concise not to mention balanced. I don't see any evidence of the peace sign being "anti-God" To be honest the cross is a symbol of Christianity and how we Christians identify one another with a symbol and that is the only reason I see it being relevant to me.

Quote:
That's news to me and I am a fundamentalist. I believe the peace symbol orginated in England and it represented Nuclear Disarmament, the "N" and "D" in a semaphore flag signal. I believe there are connotations to this symbol that are not glorifying to God but as far as it being a sin in of itself? I don't think so. This is a matter between you and the Holy Spirit.

I learned those flag signals when I was a Crusader. It's understandable why some American Christians think this since they don't understand or even know of the semaphore flag signaling system. The world has increasingly become hostile to God and many Christians have become sensitive to these attacks sometimes too sensitive. It's just a lack of discernment and information

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-06-2009 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity