U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,301,986 times

Advertisements

WOW! Such differences in opinion of Christianity in the world. Yes Christians you are so right, it is Christians who create suicide bombers and fly planes into buildings, it is Christianity that produces class system and feeds what little food they have left to animal gods as they watch their own people starve...oh wait that is not Christianity. Christianity brought

The crusades, the inquistion, intolerance of other religions, Kicking Jews out of their lands and homes because they were Jews, blood libels, pogroms, The burning of woman who were accused of witchcraft in early America, bombing of women's clinics, shooting of doctors. The kkk sees itself as a christian group. Christianity carried out some really awful things in the name of religion during is history. Maybe you ought to look at where Christianity has come from............................There is a lot of blood at its doorstep too...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,376,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
WOW! Such differences in opinion of Christianity in the world. Yes Christians you are so right, it is Christians who create suicide bombers and fly planes into buildings, it is Christianity that produces class system and feeds what little food they have left to animal gods as they watch their own people starve...oh wait that is not Christianity. Christianity brought

The crusades, the inquistion, intolerance of other religions, Kicking Jews out of their lands and homes because they were Jews, blood libels, pogroms, The burning of woman who were accused of witchcraft in early America, bombing of women's clinics, shooting of doctors. The kkk sees itself as a christian group. Christianity carried out some really awful things in the name of religion during is history. Maybe you ought to look at where Christianity has come from............................There is a lot of blood at its doorstep too...
Christianity is not a group as far as this world is concerned. People can call themselves whatever they choose to, but Jesus said we will KNOW them by their fruit. Even in Revelations, it talks of Jews who say they are Jews, but are not. Well, they still call themselves that, right?

If the Christian does not submit to any other authority, except Christ as King, they are automatically an enemy of this world. Just by that fact alone, and no other. How hard is it to not see this? The founders of America has issues, yes. Who doesn't? Frédéric Bastiat wrote in The Law, which by the way is an exceptional read, the following, and my oh my, how this doesn't make your skin crawl,,,,

Is there any need to offer proof that this odious perversion of the law is a perpetual source of hatred and discord; that it tends to destroy society itself? If such proof is needed, look at the United States [in 1850 when this was published]. There is no country in the world where the law is kept more within its proper domain: the protection of every person's liberty and property. As a consequence of this, there appears to be no country in the world where the social order rests on a firmer foundation. But even in the United States, there are two issues—and only two—that have always endangered the public peace.
What are these two issues? They are slavery and tariffs(taxes). These are the only two issues where, contrary to the general spirit of the republic of the United States, law has assumed the character of a plunderer.
Slavery is a violation, by law, of liberty. The protective tariff is a violation, by law, of property.

Even in the US, we had major issues that did not deal with the general spirit where by this country was founded, and it has led to our downfall.

This country was founded mostly by Christians. There is no denying this fact. But to justify plunder, or theft, is to turn and burn the very documents by which the country was founded.

So, bottom line is this. Why we live in a supposedly free society, by which we can practice our religious ideologies, we can no longer live as totally free men, independant from ALL other forms of things by which men subject themselves to. There is always a hand out, taking from one to give to another. Be it state or individual. Plunder by any other name is just that,,,plunder.

The Bible gives us clear definitions by which we are to live our lives. We are not to charge interest to fellow believers. We are not to owe no man anything, by which we can be enslaved by the debt to another, and if we do we are to pay it as soon as possible. We are not to submit to any authority, except Christ as King, and we are to live this way totally according to the dictates He has given us.

How many today really, truly, live this way? If we do, then we are by that very nature, an enemy of the state. Look at the people in the Roman times. They would not submit to Ceasar as Lord. Period. They would line up and have their heads chopped off.

Why would this be? Because the state WANTS something from you. Either in Labor taxes to feed their coffers, by way of redistribution of the wealth, or your complete submission to them, to have you take something from them if you are in a hardship state.

How can we serve two masters? How can we, as Christians, live totally free and independant from other men demanding what we have? Is this even possible today? I see that it is not, and that we are far, far removed from the original intent by which the country was founded. Liberty and Property were paramount to a free society. If either could be taken away, either by force or submission, than we are not free. Both of the things which Fredrick talked about have overtaken our country. We should have never had slavery, and there should have never been a tax on the property. Both of these things have led to the enslavement of the entire society, by which the chains(which are not easily seen) cannot be broken.

We are headed for change, and not in a good way.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WOW! Such differences in opinion of Christianity in the world. Yes Christians you are so right, it is Christians who create suicide bombers and fly planes into buildings, it is Christianity that produces class system and feeds what little food they have left to animal gods as they watch their own people starve...oh wait that is not Christianity. Christianity brought schools, charities, Christianity brought hospitals, brought freedom and democracy.

Ya I could see how a sinful, fallen, immoral, dead and decaying world could judge Christianity being antiquated, hateful and unfit for "civilization". What was I thinking?
It was Christians who did things far worse than that in the dark ages my friend. Just because it is in the past doesn't make it any less offensive. And if the thinking that made Christians do those things back then still exists in the church today, there is no surety that it will not happen again. Look at the bombing of abortion clinics and the murder of doctors who practice it. So called "Christians" were committing terrorist acts and crimes against humanity long before Muslims even existed.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM

624 posts, read 1,047,655 times
Jesus said they hated Him and they will also hate you(believer). We are aliens in this world.

Jesus also told us to worship Him not man, so any reference to the actions of people in the dark ages or current times is irrelavant. The relationship is with Jesus not man. Man sins, Jesus forgives our sin---do not look to man for your example, but turn to the one who will grant you salvation.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,206,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
Jesus said they hated Him and they will also hate you(believer). We are aliens in this world.

Jesus also told us to worship Him not man, so any reference to the actions of people in the dark ages or current times is irrelavant. The relationship is with Jesus not man. Man sins, Jesus forgives our sin---do not look to man for your example, but turn to the one who will grant you salvation.
The point is what Jesus taught and how "Christians" have interpreted what he taught are more often than not two very different things. The Christians who committed those terrible actions in the name of Christ during those terrible centuries are just as guilty of terrorism as Muslims now days, and the reason for their actions is the violent doctrines of hate and everlasting torment that both Fundamental/orthodox Christianity and the Muslim faiths perpetrate on the masses ... If Christians would give up their false doctrines and religious/spiritual terrorism perhaps the message of the gospel would begin to heal the world instead of helping it collapse into world chaos and war as it now is ... I don't agree with the military actions and the comparisons made by Bush and Cheney to the crusades where those military actions were/are concerned either. Or the fact that Obama is continuing the same foreign policy now even as we speak. It will only lead to world war 4 (world war 3 was the cold war by the way) and to the eventual destruction of all world culture under a world government and a world religion ... If not the complete eradication of all life on planet earth ... Whatever happens, gods will be done. I believe he is in control no matter what so i'm just going to sit back and watch things unfold while trying to express the love of God in Christ for all people of every nation and culture, and hope for the best.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,111,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It was Christians who did things far worse than that in the dark ages my friend. Just because it is in the past doesn't make it any less offensive. And if the thinking that made Christians do those things back then still exists in the church today, there is no surety that it will not happen again. Look at the bombing of abortion clinics and the murder of doctors who practice it. So called "Christians" were committing terrorist acts and crimes against humanity long before Muslims even existed.
If I scribble on a piece of paper . . . am I an artist??

If I give birth to a child, an walk away at is birth . . . . and a loving, caring, self-less person raises this child as her own . . . . who would you define as it's mother???

When you state that Christians did this . . . . yes, they called themselves Christians . . . . . .they labeled themselves individually and as a group . . . BUT . . . . there was an old song that had these lyrics "And you'll know we are Christians by Our Love, by Our Love" . . .

So really those people (Chrisitians) were not truly Christians, as Jesus would have defined them.

Just like Muslims are not terrorists. The terrorists are individuals/groups who call themselives Muslims . . . and act in opposition to the faith they hide behind.

So "called" Christians, this is what I agree with . . . we could also state so-called Mother's, so-called Artists . . . and so on and so forth.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,719,747 times
Something caught my attention in this video. I know Mr. Washer thinks he is speaking as a prophet based on his interpretation of some things he reads in the Bible, but he dropped some self-fulfilling prophecies in his little speech there. He says that Christians will be called bigots and lunatics, etc. What if a Christian says something bigoted and he is called out for it? Would he believe that the denunciation is a fulfillment of prophecy? This is where it gets very tricky and become a slippery slope.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 PM

20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well he WAS a little paranoid you know. He prayed to himself in the garden and asked himself why he was doing this to himself. Scary isn't it?
He prayed to God the Father. Not to Himself.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,456,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believe it is a scenario based on reality. We have a lot of milk drinking Christians who are not preparing for an all out assault and they will be slaughtered spiritually, who need to wake up and realize the seriousness confronting us. I am not saying, we go out and try to change the culture but we must prepare by embracing the word of God even tighter, growing in holiness grasping that there should be an urgency in our faith that we cannot afford to treat lightly in this day and age; that it is only the word of God that will get us through these events that will be coming and for some it is already here.

Blessings......my brother! Ain't that the truth!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 05:40 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,564,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Sorry, I saw the ironic humor in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity